Should I take a loan and hold for the halving? - Page 6 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Should I take a loan and hold for the halving?

taking a loan to buy a cryptocurrency is very risky, you can try if you are sure that you will get a profit, but you also need to be prepared for the fact that you will lose money, because the cryptocurrency is unpredictable

On 12/25/2019 at 9:12 AM, teminalibug said:

I was wondering if after the halving, bitcoin could go more than double and some other coins could triple and so, is that guaranteed enough for me to take a load and risk it by juts holding for the bull run after the halving?

I think this is a risky idea to try. It is true that according to most predictions, bitcoin price will rise after halving and had risen after previous halvings too but no one knows what will happen some months later in the world. Some events may happen that can affect bitcoin price negatively. When you take a loan, you should rely on something 100% guaranteed to pay it back later. Cryptocurrency market is not the right place to risk your loan. If it was your own money, you could risk it but I don't recommend playing with loans.

Edited by Brushless4500KV

This is never been good idea to take risk with loan for something which is not sure to happen mean your all money can wiped out very quickly as its not happen and price will go more down so never take any risk like this just invest which you can afford to lost as we can take advantage in future when we have some good chance and better funds but going with loan is never been good.

Don't spend any money you don't have or can't afford! Bitcoin is far too risky and you could lose much of your key sum very quickly.

Crypto is very risky, if you take a loan and buy Bitcoin and Altcoin there is no guarantee you will make a profit, you also have to pay installments and interest every month, is this worth the risk you will get. So to deal with the halving period, you better use savings or sell a motorcycle, because there is no interest expense to be paid.

On 12/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, teminalibug said:

I was wondering if after the halving, bitcoin could go more than double and some other coins could triple and so, is that guaranteed enough for me to take a load and risk it by juts holding for the bull run after the halving?

If you only wants to take a loan just because you are expecting after halving will increase,better not,coz we dont know the flows of btc,as more people expecting,the more dump it can be,that's how manipulators play with us.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:16 AM, Ms.o said:

If you only wants to take a loan just because you are expecting after halving will increase,better not,coz we dont know the flows of btc,as more people expecting,the more dump it can be,that's how manipulators play with us.

But after the halving it will not be just about the manipulators, it will be the large number of small time investors who are going to pump the price.

1 minute ago, teminalibug said:

But after the halving it will not be just about the manipulators, it will be the large number of small time investors who are going to pump the price.

Halving is not about increasing the price of certain coin,yeah,it can affect its price,but if you just want to take a loan for that,im just a bit of concern and worried coz loans have interest,so what if the price did not increase? You have to wait until it increase.and your interest in borrowing that coin is also increasing.so better use your spare money.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:53 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

I think this is a risky idea to try. It is true that according to most predictions, bitcoin price will rise after halving and had risen after previous halvings too but no one knows what will happen some months later in the world. Some events may happen that can affect bitcoin price negatively. When you take a loan, you should rely on something 100% guaranteed to pay it back later. Cryptocurrency market is not the right place to risk your loan. If it was your own money, you could risk it but I don't recommend playing with loans.

In my time here is crypto, i have learned that there is no such thing as 100%, that means most things you do you are taking risks.

1 hour ago, Ms.o said:

Halving is not about increasing the price of certain coin,yeah,it can affect its price,but if you just want to take a loan for that,im just a bit of concern and worried coz loans have interest,so what if the price did not increase? You have to wait until it increase.and your interest in borrowing that coin is also increasing.so better use your spare money.

But crypto investment is all about risk, so don't you think this risk is worthy talking.

1 hour ago, teminalibug said:

But crypto investment is all about risk, so don't you think this risk is worthy talking.

Not all risks are worth trying for,risk is  only worth taking if you know what your doing or dealing for.

Im just refering for the loan and the interest that you have to pay,that's why in my own opinion i cannot suggest taking loans,just because of halving,but you can take loan and and trade it everyday to earn profits to cover the interest that you need to pay. we cannot predict what will happen during or  after the halving,so its better to be safe. So loan for me is a no,no..i rather used my saving than to borrow and need to pay interest just for the halving,coz there can be "what if"..

3 hours ago, ashua1 said:

yes, just invest in the convenience they can use because you can't control its growth or are really careful.

I think if we consider the risks, you may find the risk is worthy it, even if bitcoin does not go up you will still be able to pay back the loan.

4 minutes ago, Ms.o said:

Not all risks are worth trying for,risk is  only worth taking if you know what your doing or dealing for.

Im just refering for the loan and the interest that you have to pay,that's why in my own opinion i cannot suggest taking loans,just because of halving,but you can take loan and and trade it everyday to earn profits to cover the interest that you need to pay. we cannot predict what will happen during or  after the halving,so its better to be safe. So loan for me is a no,no..i rather used my saving than to borrow and need to pay interest just for the halving,coz there can be "what if"..

It is all math as @guatazoo says, if you calculate the risk, you still will be able to pay for loan, even if the price fails to go bullish.

• Useful or interesting 1

10 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

It is all math as @guatazoo says, if you calculate the risk, you still will be able to pay for loan, even if the price fails to go bullish.

Exactly, and even if it goes down it will not be that down anyway, so the risk is worthy talking, i say go for it.

No need to take a loan. Halving cryptocurrencies does not always lead to their rise in price. For example, litecoin halving did not increase its value. You run the risk of being in debt.

1 hour ago, guatazoo said:

Exactly, and even if it goes down it will not be that down anyway, so the risk is worthy talking, i say go for it.

Note that market price does not move in a straight line and oftentimes the market can behave quite irrational. What if market drops way low, would you still be in one piece and wait it out or would fear take hold of you to exit at a loss? Do you've a plan B, to fall back on to repay the loan just incase the worse happens?  It's never a good idea to trade with any amount you cannot afford to lose..

18 hours ago, guatazoo said:

But by down, it could go as low as 4k, that's when every plan is messed up, we i still wanna take this risk.

If I were you I won't take any loans because you might encounter a problem with it. It's better that you should just buy bitcoin once it's price drops again because this will surely give you profit. It is really risky to take loans especially in crypto since it's price is unstable. 

Theoretically it should affect the market price of bitcoin and could easily double the market price but still their is a lot of things going on in cryptocurrency applying the supply and demand in the market it is not guaranteed.

As a general rule only invest funds that you are ready and willing to lose because even if bitcoin seems to be heading towards a bright future with a lot of potential for growth the volatility of the coin is still dangerous and you might lose the money you lone if you are not careful.

• +1 1

On 12/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, teminalibug said:

Well it will really depends on you. But if I were you, if I took a loan and chose where coin should I invest it, I am going with bitcoin, because I believe it is really safe to invest on this coin. Just coming back after the fall. All you have to do is to have the best timing that you could have upon investing. Your choice at the end. 
Just a reminder, do not invest what you cannot afford to lose. 
Goodluck. 

nMvFbuZ.png

Halving operations are the essence of economic models of digital currencies because they guarantee the issuance of new currencies at a fixed rate that follows the expected rate of decay. This rate used to combat inflation is one of the main differences between digital currencies and traditional banknotes from which infinite numbers can be printed.

• +1 1

On 1/14/2020 at 11:45 AM, Fabrick said:

Yes you can take a loan for BTC havling. Actually that is sure that BTC havling will be happen this year and we should grab this opportunity. I also hold my BTC for havling.

How much BTC are you holding for the bitcoin bull run after the halving?

On 1/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, Darkelf11 said:

Well it will really depends on you. But if I were you, if I took a loan and chose where coin should I invest it, I am going with bitcoin, because I believe it is really safe to invest on this coin. Just coming back after the fall. All you have to do is to have the best timing that you could have upon investing. Your choice at the end. 
Just a reminder, do not invest what you cannot afford to lose. 
Goodluck. 

Most of you guys talks about loosing, but i do nit see how I'm going to lose, because i lose only if bitcoin goes down, if it does not go up or down, then i do nit lose but oi get no profit.

I do not recommend it because it is too risky. Unless you have a backup plan if the price of bitcoin is not what you want 😅

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png