Malware hacked Thousands of computers to mine bitcoin - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

Malware hacked Thousands of computers to mine bitcoin

We are getting more driven by the technologies which makes a lot of things easy and convenient,but the worst thing there are alot of people still trying ways to earn money in a bad ways,tajing advantage with the technologies,so we must be careful especially making deals in online world.

On 15.12.2019 at 14:43, Ibnusmanedoz said:

It is good to know that such Virus exist. One will try to avoid it.

Don't know maybe it's like a virus. I often get programs and load my CPU. I often open the task Manager to monitor the CPU load.

This is a very bad news. We all know that cryptocurrency are mined by miners and there computers. But it is a matter of sorrow that people use malware to mine bitcoin. It is a very shaming news crypto lover.    

3 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, most of the viruses that infect devices are the result of downloading programs from untrusted sites, these programs need to be installed on the device and without it they are not able to access your data. Although there are some mines or worms to be planted as soon as you enter a suspicious site.

One of the easiest tricks you can fall into is to click on a link that you think will take you to a website (such as a wallet or a digital exchange platform), but instead takes you to a copy of this site that appears at first glance not different from the real site of your platform or digital wallet often The URL phrase is incredibly similar to the real site.

If they hack my computer I guess they won't be able to mine not even 1 cent of Bitcoin worth in USD per day as it is really old and barely working LOL.

There are also monero mining scripts running on many websites. A good adblock is stopping these but the vulnerability you describe is advance tech and unique. 

This is not the first time I read about malwares who has been spread over the internet to use people's PC to mine cryptocurrency illegally. You should always have an anti-mining software installed on your computer to not only detect unwanted mining attempts but also stop their activities. I have installed MinerBlock extension on my Chrome browser. I can activate or inactivate it whenever I want. When I start surfing the web, it will inform me about any website that tries to mine with my computer and blocks its mining. One thing you should be more careful about is that smartphones are more vulnerable to mining damage because they don't have any fans to cool their processors down. So, you must find and install effective anti-mining apps for your phone too.

Yes i agree with you. There are many mining sites in the market. Some are paying sites and some are not . I don't like mining sites because Mining sites destroy and harmful your pc.

4 hours ago, Rockeew said:

I'm a beginner here so I don't know a lot about cryptocurrency. But certainly we all should have much knowledge about crypto.

If you are interested in crypto, the first thing you should learn is protecting your data and money from being stolen and hacked, because the crypto world is full of such things and you must first of all learn to protect yourself well.

This is some seriously shocking stuff, I think it is possible for viruses to force your device to mine without you even knowing because a lot of malware can break your system and remain undetected as some antivirus programs cannot even deal with it so the best way to be protected from these sorts of viruses is to stay away from shady sites and avoid downloading random files from the internet.

this news is really alarming. hackers nowadays are getting better and use their full skills on hacking money. we should be more cautious and extra careful these days. 

On 15.12.2019 at 14:43, Ibnusmanedoz said:

You are right now a lot of scammers and it is worth studying a lot of articles about this so as not to fall for this bait.

It is possible to use gamecomputers all over the world to solve very complex medical calculations so it doesn't surprise me at all that this is possible. For the people that have the malware on their computers I hope it doesn't have any negative effects beside that their CPU is being stolen.

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

1 hour ago, Shamim adnan said:

Now a days most of the accounts are being hacked . If we are not careful you will reap every part of our money.  Therefore, we take every measure we require, hackers can send your virus to your computer and dig your Bitcoin, so you should very careful by the hacker.

This malware has spread everywhere on the network, and every day new types and different technologies appear to hide from the eyes of anti-virus programs, so we must be cautious and update anti-virus programs constantly.

On 15.12.2019 at 18:32, Crypto123 said:

This is a quote from the news in the following website:

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7728701/Microsoft-says-80-000-computers-hijacked-malware-turned-Bitcoin-generators.html

Interestingly, are these devices really able to mine bitcoin? Know that this is very difficult on a regular computer?
Secondly, the ability of this malware to hide itself from anti-virus programs, which makes it difficult to detect !! So we always need to download powerful virus programs and update them daily to combat these malicious programs.

this is completely normal nowadays - smart hacker people move the computer world, there are good people and with a different intent, and protecting your assets has always been held in high esteem, buy yourself a macbook and be safe.

Virus was created by a person, They can easily if they really want to mined Bitcoins but there's system to protect computer so that can't easily hacked other computer so that it's a good news to know that there's a program antivirus protection. I know a lot of genius people can create to protect more against to the hackers and thieves.

In my opinion to avoid malware, we don't just download applications and use pirated software. Usually the PCs affected by the malware will be slow. CMIIW 😅

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

Yes the malware virus can be inserted in various platform applications and even in advertisements, so be careful when downloading applications for your device. Better to identify in advance whether it is safe to do. Use the recommended application for your device to prevent malware viruses. Malware viruses can damage GPU devices slowly.

Yes, you are right thousands of computers are hacked to mine malware bitcoin. That is why we all need to be careful and work carefully without using it. Personal things should be kept in a safe place.

On 12/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, Ibnusmanedoz said:

But those types, which can hide, and still reinstall themselves on the computers. Without traces, its about how it can't affect you next. Crypto crimes and malware keeps causing problem

1 hour ago, Shanto41 said:

Too many viruses, spyware, and your data have been stolen to get tired of collecting your coins, and you have to be careful of logged-in sites and do not repeat the same password. Robbers get stronger over time and powerful viruses are created. If we are not careful you will steal all our money. Therefore, we must be careful in every step we take.

Yes thank you, this is really necessary not to write the same password and username to more than one site, this makes all your sites vulnerable if any of them are hacked. It is better to have a password for each site.

3 hours ago, NURMAHELA said:

A lot of viruses, spyware and your data is stolen in order to steal your currencies that are tired in collecting them and for this you must beware of the sites that you log in and do not repeat the same password. And it is uncomfortable for every users. 

Yes, there are many viruses that spread between sites, and care should be taken when entering unknown websites. Although changing the password and not using the same password for two different sites is a good and recommended safety method, but this case here is different because viruses work on mining through your device and it is do not need a password to use your device.

7 hours ago, Farman Ali said:

Dear brother yes this will be possible to have hacked because their account privacy may be the not having strong so we should see our account privacy settings from being sfae  the scamming 

My dear brother, this malware constantly develops itself and devises new ways to circumvent antivirus software, so you must constantly update the virus database to get the highest level of protection and without it you will still be at risk.

It is a huge news in the world becasue if someone will do this and hack the almost 80,000 computers and this will must be a great hacker becasue a normal hacker ill not do this and he start mining on 80,000 computer so he mine good amount of coins in a single day.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

4 hours ago, Baddestevu said:

One of the most terrible nightmare in laptop history outstandingly in crypto currency world. That bitcoin mining is treacherous specially if the hardware is not as it should be in this style of deal with hence I expectation that malware will indifferent to internet stream.

Yes, this virus is like a nightmare because it uses the resources of your machine in mining without your knowledge, and this leads to a slow operation of the device and possibly a high temperature of the processor and it is also possible that it will cause damage to the device if it remains working for a long time without being detected.