What will happen to lost bitcoins? Will they remain in the network? - Page 2 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

What will happen to lost bitcoins? Will they remain in the network?

I think the money will remain inside the network if the address to which we sent the money does not exist, but if the address is for one of the existing governor, the money will go to that person and you will not be able to retrieve anything from it

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Yes, these bitcoins will remain in the network, but if someone gets a private key and gets access to them, they will be able to use them

7 hours ago, Rita_Italy said:

If we lost bitcoin anytime they will remain to the network. But if we send bitcoin to another crytpo wallet then it will be lost totally. But we can't recover bitcoin again

Definitely, they will remain in the network and there is nothing that will shift or transfer them until you get access to your private key, then you will be able to get it

Well once bitcoin lost it can never be found again ever. If you put wrong address or wrong wallet address then it will lost forever. But if it gets lost in any other way then yes it will remain the network.

If you lose your access to your wallet and will never be able to enter it, I think that the money will remain in it forever and if you send the currencies to the wrong address you will not be able to retrieve it and the coins will go to another unknown

Yes, I think the number of lost bitcoins will be in the network, it will not be picked up or dropped into someone's wallet by surprise. and it's like a trash can for storing lost bitcoins for various reasons.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:39 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

As you know, each wallet has both a private key and a seed phrase. These keys are used to gain access to your wallet and to recover it in case you lose your PC or hard drive. It is said that if we lose our seed phrase, we will never have access to our wallet and we lose our funds. If someone loses his/her seed phrase, what will happen to his/her BTC funds? Will lost funds remain in the network? How many BTCs have been lost in this way? Can hackers access lost funds?

Have you ever thought about the effects of lost bitcoins on bitcoin network? I think this will ruin miners' efforts if the number of lost bitcoins increase day by day. If you lose your paper money, someone else may find and use it! I want to know what is the similar case with bitcoin.

Almost 4 million Bitcoin BTC units are lost and non-refundable and there are approximately 2 million Bitcoin units stolen. That is, 28.5 percent of the fixed supply of bitcoin has been permanently lost.

• Useful or interesting 1

13 minutes ago, SuperCrypto said:

Almost 4 million Bitcoin BTC units are lost and non-refundable and there are approximately 2 million Bitcoin units stolen. That is, 28.5 percent of the fixed supply of bitcoin has been permanently lost.

This is shocking statistics indeed! Nothing can be done about those 4 millions that have been lost but those 2 millions which have been stolen can be found again if the hackers are detected and the coins can be refunded to their original owners. It is interesting that crypto community worry about halving and supply reduction but they rarely refer to the lost and stolen bitcoins which can have a worse effect on the supply compared to halving. The above numbers show that almost 20% of all the bitcoins in circulation are traded illegally.

1 hour ago, Brushless4500KV said:

This is shocking statistics indeed! Nothing can be done about those 4 millions that have been lost but those 2 millions which have been stolen can be found again if the hackers are detected and the coins can be refunded to their original owners. It is interesting that crypto community worry about halving and supply reduction but they rarely refer to the lost and stolen bitcoins which can have a worse effect on the supply compared to halving. The above numbers show that almost 20% of all the bitcoins in circulation are traded illegally.

Yes, in fact, with that, the total will be 17 million Bitcoin BTC is traded, but today there are only 11 million Bitcoin BTC units that can actually be used, sent, received and traded.

Yes, the lost bitcoins will remain in the network if Satoshi Nakamoto does not want to return them, perhaps hackers can get access to them if they break into these wallets.

Yes, they will remain online because at the moment there is no way to access these wallets due to the fact that their owners have lost their private keys.

Yes, such bitcoins will remain in the network, I think that even if hackers want to hack such wallets, they will not succeed because the blockchain system is very reliable. 

There is no access to such bitcoins and they remain forever lost in the blockchain network because their owners have lost access to these wallets. 

27 minutes ago, laska smrtici said:

If someone loses bitcoin, it will remain lost, but it remains in the wallet and can not be used absolutely unless the owner of the wallet remembers or finds his key.

Indeed, as you above mentioned there is not any solution to solve this problem. Because of that we must be patient about that and more than that we must save our coins in the wallet, which is the best safety like Binance. 

Lost cryptocurrencies are either lost persons ’currencies or currencies that have been transferred to addresses that are not on the wallets. I suspect that these lost currencies will be compensated by opening old wallets and adding the amount of the lost allowance to the stock exchange.

Edited by magd

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think all coins holding in the such wallet address will stay there for ever even if you lose your private keys or seed phrase, but always if you key or phrase is not changed a hand to other person as hacker.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

22 hours ago, tienda said:

I think all coins holding in the such wallet address will stay there for ever even if you lose your private keys or seed phrase, but always if you key or phrase is not changed a hand to other person as hacker.

This is just it, the coin will remain on the exchanges or wallet. But what about the ones sent to wrong addresses?

I think that the lost bitcoins will remain in the network forever and no one will get access to them I think that even hackers will not be able to access these wallets. 

The will remain in the network always. Because if the wallet contains the amount then it won't get disappear ever. And let's assume if the funds stay in wallet and a user lost his seed or private key then maybe through support box or through an expert it can be resolved. But unfortunately we list 4 million btc from the network already and that's a miserable story i guess. 

Bitcoin whose wallet private keys are lost will always remain in the network until they are able to be accessed using the private keys are recovered. It is like you lost the key to a vault that cannot be break into, it can be accessed once the key is found. 

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

The most bitcoin could have a way they will be recovered later but as of now, they will remain in the network and add value to the price of bitcoin. 

You are not going to lose it if you don't have access then it will remain in the market and after you  get access to it then you can recover it so no need to worry my friend

I have some lost bitcoins to. Just lose my ket words. It is good that I have very small amount on that wallet. That why I`m prefer payeer, but I have to secure my email very good. If someone hack my main email I will lose all my money.

💙https://main.community/i/YZBWSJ криптосообщество с оплатой без вложений

коллекционная NFT игра sorare.com/r/crockez 💙

If somebody has lost own private key or seed phrase, there is really a less chance to find it again. Because of that we must save them in safe place. More than that your funds will be in your wallet, but it is just hard to think that you can not use them.