What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net) - Page 9 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net)

1 hour ago, kukurma said:

Yes, you lost your money. Accept my condolences. You can also find the owner of the address 3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy and ask for your coins to be returned if such an address has an owner at all.

Even if the address has an owner, how can i message or contact him, it is completely anonymous.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

I knew you know that you cannot recover your LTC anymore dude. Because Ltc address was differ to bitcoin address. 

Whatever you do, sorry to say but it really can't be. Make it a lesson learned from your mistakes so that it won't happen to you again. 

• Useful or interesting 1

11 hours ago, actionjaction said:

No, your litecoin isn't completely lost since you can recuperate it. You need the private keys of the bitcoin adress where you sent the litecoin however since you made a store on a trade this implies you don't approach the private keys. So you should converse with Yobit backing to unravel it

I know i cant get back my LTC, all i'm surprised is how could BTC address work on litecoin and where is the secondary LTC address came from?

I think it wil never back again and youre money will lose in coinbase if you copy and paste youre adress its always show the note saying that if you send any coins to bitcoin it will lose permanently and it will not recover

Because yobit already have the guidelines that's if you will send the coin to a different address, you will be loss your money so they couldn't help you about that 

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

Its very sad news but now you already lost your coins because no exchange providing this coins recovery service as I personally sent Ethereum to ETC on poloniex they give reply its now gone next time becarefull we are very sorry for your lost its own fault so just take it easy and next time take your time double check on address then send your coins on right address.

Your money gone return not possible one time I also send eth to bitcoin address not returned next time always check your address double time.

It should be failed though. I once read that similar problem about sending LTC to BTC's address, they will failed automatically because it is a different blockchain. But I don't know, I haven't tried it ye, more like I don't want to send it to the wrong address.

Sorry but you will not get any fund because wallet are managed by smart contract or API not manually & it only allow the transfer of rightly allowed fund .

You can report this to YOBIT and all you have to remember is to check the address you want to send first, because lots of mistakes people come from here and they lose what they have.

On 10/30/2019 at 6:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

You should contract yobit support team for solve this reasons. I Think transection not confirm because bitcoin network and Litcoin network are different. But I don’t think exchange refunding. Always careful when transfer any coin or token.                    

I think it is not possible to get recover you ltc.because once yiu sent the coin it never taken back.not even support team can help you.so before sending make sure to verify the adress .

10 hours ago, Muhammad shafique said:

According to my point of view it is not related to exchange issue it may be general issue

But it started with the exchange, because it was supposed to return my money instead of sending them to a BTC address.

3 hours ago, canvergmumb said:

However, at the off threat that you did through another change, there's a chance that the alternate will cancel the sending and you may get well your cash.

That is what should happen, and happen to me once the coins got returned,  but last time i made same mistake and it never returned.

I'm not actually sure - however since Litecoin was gotten legitimately from bitcoin's innovation, it's conceivable that them two share a few locations for all intents and purpose. This could imply that you sent your Litecoin to a location on the Litecoin organize that exists (ie. used to be a substantial bitcoin address). Generally you may have sent your cash to another person - it's conceivable that it's lost until the end of time. Continuously twofold check addresses before sending.

I think the moderators can rectify that issue if you report to them but I know the blockchain transactions are not refundable. But you can try contacting the moderators to hear from them

On 15.02.2020 at 21:58, Cr7seven said:

I think the moderators can rectify that issue if you report to them but I know the blockchain transactions are not refundable. But you can try contacting the moderators to hear from them

As I understand in cryptocurrencies trades destinations or any cryptocurrency levels they continuously caution that during case you send your coin to extraordinary coin cope with your coins might be misplaced.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:47 AM, KekWow said:

You will need to contact their support and see if they can help by recovering and adding them to your balance.

Yeah when a person face this type of issues then he need to directly  contact on their support team but time when you have good luck then that amount get to return but its returning chances has very low.

Its so sad to hear that happened and as you know blockchain transactions is not revisable and its always our duty as crypto users to always double check wallet addresses before making any transactions to avoid this kind of mistake..thanks for your post there and I think it has alerted someone out there to be cautious when doing transactions.

impossible your LTC is back again if you have sent it. before sending LTC or different tokens, next time you should check once more 

Always try to only btc to btc or ltc to ltc transfer will be happened.

Guys learn cryptocurrency and than do transactions.

However, in the event that you did through another trade, there's a chance that the trade will cancel the sending and you'll be able recoup your coins.

15 hours ago, dantev1 said:

i dont know what will happen but those adresses not looking the same so it won't be send to some btc wallet. Most likely payment will be cancelled

Yes most likely the coins will be returned, except that time they were not canceled but confirmed to a strange address.

2 hours ago, scupesag said:

If you despatched the cash through a wallet, you misplaced your coins. Period. I'm too terrible.

Haha, that was terrible of you indeed, but straight forward, because it is true once coin is gone like that it is gone for good, people should realize by now, that crypto world is the west world.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:34 AM, xprince1996 said:

Yes you lost your money and it cant be refunded. Because you send your litecoin to bitcoin address. You cant do anything about it just learn your lesson and be careful next time when you deposit again. I feel bad for you.

You cannot reverse the transaction and I think you have no option than to take that one and use it. Bitcoin is better than Litecoin in the market