What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net) - Page 13 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net)

I had a similar experience to your problem, the difference is that I sent bitcoin from a blockchain wallet to a Bitcoin address other than the one I wanted the bitcoin to.
I called support, and their response was as follows: You are the only one in control of your wallet and responsible for any wrong posting, and the support team cannot return a transaction that took place from within your wallet, and you must be careful later
Obviously, you will not be able to take back your currency, but try, they may be able to help you
Greetings to all

Yes you lost your money because no one have the private key of this address no one can get this money it's like burning!

On 10/30/2019 at 7:19 AM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

I understand that you can't do anything because it's a mistake by you and not by Yobit's server, however try to communicate maybe you'll get an answer but most probably you lost those coins. 

• +5 1

oh, when that happens there is no turning back it is untraceable if it fell to someone that it was not because that someone will enjoy it because in the same way it will be very difficult to get their money back

Unfortunately, your money was lost.  Because cryptocurrency transactions are more secure than original e-wallets.  Whereas, upon completion of the transaction and confirming it, it will never be undone.  So, my friend, my advice to you is to check again and again the address of the wallet to which you will send or withdraw currencies.  You must be careful and vigilant so that your mistake does not happen again

On 30/10/2019 at 7:59, masterfocus said:

Si envió el dinero a través de una billetera, perdió sus monedas. Período. Lo siento.

Sin embargo, si lo hizo a través de otro intercambio, existe la posibilidad de que el intercambio cancele el envío y pueda recuperar sus monedas.

On 30/10/2019 at 6:19, teminalibug said:

Envío accidentalmente mi LTC a una dirección de bitcoin, ¿qué hago aquí? y ahora estoy confundido fui al explorador de bloques ltc y vi mi trasnacción mostrando comunicaciones, ¿lo leí mal? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

acabo de perder mi dinero?

¿será devuelto a mi cuenta?

¿Hay algo que pueda?

Gracias por adelantado.

If you undoubtedly lost your funds, remember that yobit can give you support if you sent between the same exchange portfolios but if you sent to an external one, I don't think you can recover the funds

• +2 1

Most times you're warned by your wallet providers that if you send any other crytocurrency apart from Bitcoin to this address, that you'll lose your coins. Chances of recovering your coins is very slim. 

But try and contact support of your exchange or wallet provider if they can help.

• +3 1

It could be that you have lost your coins, however I recommend that you write them by telegram for sure the team will give you better advice in these cases, try to check better at the time of shipments

• +2 1

I have researched on the topic of What to do if LTC is sent to the BTC address (Yobit.net) and in some forums they tell me that that money was lost that there is no way to recover it, in others they tell me the opposite that it can be but That for helping me they take away a commission in short, it is good to know about this to always do things well and more when our money is at risk. at the time of sending we have to be as precise as we can be to place the correct wallet address double check to verify to avoid this type of error.

• +2 1

When I send a currency in this case Litecoins to a Bitcoins address I am very sorry but the money sent will never arrive and will be lost, however there are some exchanges and platforms that when this type of problem arises can usually cancel the shipment before being sent so you can do it again but in this case with the correct addresses

• +1 1

Not that every currency has a crypto wallet, and in the end the transaction will be rejected before transferring it and the amount will be refunded to you

• +1 1

LTC will be lost, because whenever you make a deposit or transfer or withdrawal you have to check the address used to not send wrong, in many cases there is no way to recover, and the exchanges themselves issue warnings to have this care.

Sending coins to the wrong address is the worst thing you can do in your life, you should double check your address before sending any transaction, if the order is ok,

The worst thing that you can do is send coins to the wrong address, you must verify your address again before sending any transaction, and if it is wrong, the coins will return if the address you entered does not exist

You have to verify your address, because when you send it to the wrong address, there is no way to recover it unless you secure your account by confirming from email or adding the 2fa feature in these cases, you can review the address further to ensure its correctness

• Useful or interesting 1

Is that really possible? I didn't think that you could actually send coin to a wallet for another coin. But if what you are saying is really true, that you sent other coin to a wallet that is for another coin, then that crypto will vanish and we all know that isn't recoverable. So just be careful next time.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Crypto isn't a place for mistake brother.You should look 4-5 times while transacting money.These transaction can never be cancelled. @cooperallch
But as you said it can be possibleI.f the btc address is also yours then by contacting yobiy support it can be recovered.But the chances are very low.

• Useful or interesting 2

Sending to an incorrect address is a very serious error, I also had it due to my inexperience a few months ago, it is unlikely that I will get your money back, it is special if they have already been confirmed in the Blockchain, with which it is already irreversible. For that reason, exchanges always put a warning message that the address to which it is sent belongs to the same network from which it is sent.

Edited by velasco19

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                

Start by logging in using the email address and password you've registered for YoBit. Click on “Wallets” to view your funds as well as the available Bitcoins. To withdraw, select your currency from the list and click on the minus sign under “Withdraw.

Your transactions will fail because the Bitcoin blockchain network can not recognize transactions comming in from the Litcoin blockchain network. Data should be validated by blockchain first.

The coin will be lost, it is good not to send litecoin to bitcoin, or send bitcoin to litecoin, the coin will be lost forever. Let us be checking very well the address to send to.