What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net) - Page 4 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net)

Just now, crimarah said:

Yоu will rесiеvе these ltc On thе off dаngеr whiсh you're аblе tо delivеr a ltc addrеss with that аddrеss. Since deаl with сan't bе mаdе by way of us physiсally, but it's milеs unbeliеvable, it is madе haphazardly.

I did not understand a word you are saying right there, can you please clarify?

I think and sorry to said that your money is now not yours it's owned by the new address that you send it to,we all do this mistake and learn from this

You made a mistake. This problem can happen to many but you have no reason to worry this problem can be solved. You need support from yobit exchange. Contact us here and send your problem in writing. Maybe they'll fix it, but be careful about it later

9 hours ago, redamoun said:

Why you are so offensive against users of this forum, and you only blame people without giving any help for them, if you can't help people or you don't want to do so, then leave them with their misery, it's fo bidden to make things, become more worst than what it is actualy, i never like all your replys, because you are so negative and you need to visit a doctur, because people like you, they can only commit suicide, in the near future, so i will advice you, to take a rest for your health and the healt of this great forum.

What I write in that post/comment that you thought that I'm "against" users of this forum?

I only give my opinion and advice, and if someone have problem with my comments he can just bypass.

And for this second part which you write I will report that to moderator.

I report you once because of your writing (coloring book) and you fixed it but now you must to fix your behavior too. 

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Just now, Jackmil said:

Of course you will lose your funds if you send to the wrong address. So don't let that happen and check the address you want to go to

Yes and i think there will be zero percent of chances to recover your coins if a person who sent their litcoin to bitcoin address, in this way careful is very important things.

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

11 hours ago, Solainstaller said:

Just now one of the user gave information about his problem got solved through this admin. Below i am giving the link of the admin who is active in telegram : - https://twitter.com/AleksWarden 

"I'm Yobit admin Warden. I'm head of Yobit Exchange Tech. Support. If you need support please PM me or send email to warden@yobit-admin.net"

get help from him, mostly he will solve your problem.

hmm, i kinda do not trust people from telegram so much, so i'm gonna pass i do not want anything to do with telegram.

Woah! those coins are lost but i'm sure there is a way to detect wrong address before the coins sent, it is weird a an old exchange like yobit does not have such feature.

I don't think neither the admins of Yobit or anyone else would be able to help you. If you send a crpyto to the wrong crypto address is will basically be lost. this will be a lesson for you to double check carefully for the nezt time.

On 11/20/2019 at 5:03 PM, Jackmil said:

Of course you will lose your funds if you send to the wrong address. So don't let that happen and check the address you want to go to

I once deposited BCH to a bitcoin address on some site and when I contacted them they returned my money and I was able to them, them back again i the right address. So if they were able to do that why cant yobit?

I have repeatedly made the mistake of sending a coin to the address of another coin, but all my attempts to return the funds have not been successful. It is impossible to return them.

On 10/30/2019 at 7:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

I think you need to ask Yobit directly and ask for a refund if you can. From what I know if the wallet platform definitely verifies the addreess and if it is wrong it must be an "incorrect address". While for the wrong address on the exchanger I do not know and have never experienced it either.

This is entirely a matter of careless users, and every exchange has certain FAQs or rules. you should be more careful in the future, the nature of crypto completely if it has been sent can not be canceled. and the exchange should also have an address checking feature, so if the wrong address cannot be confirmed. LTC is called a simpler version of Bitcoin, even the address is not much different.

Just now, nasipadang said:

I think you need to ask Yobit directly and ask for a refund if you can. From what I know if the wallet platform definitely verifies the addreess and if it is wrong it must be an "incorrect address". While for the wrong address on the exchanger I do not know and have never experienced it either.

I thought it was a waste of time contacting them, since the coins were already delivered to a wrong address, it might be too late to contact them now.

Just now, nasipadang said:

Its too late now for that such a long time has passed since i lost those coins, so i think I will juts have to accept the mistake and learn from it.

unfortanlly i think you have lost your money , if you noticed in any exchange when you want to withdrawl your money there is is remark saying to you : dont send this fund to anyother coin wallet , im sorry for your lost but you have to be carful next time 

18 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Its too late now for that such a long time has passed since i lost those coins, so i think I will juts have to accept the mistake and learn from it.

Very unfortunate for your loss, but have you tried to send a ticket to yobit. this will be useful information for others too and if yes what was the response from the yobit team? I think someone might have a case like yours, then can get a solution.

18 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Best view to take on it to be fair. At least your not bitter about it. You won't do it again anyway so at least you know that much. I once did it, but luckily it was only FTOs so not such a big deal but still annoying. It raises an interesting question though. Where do the coins go? Who gets them. Can they really be gone forever? If paper money is destroyed we have to print more. How can this work with BTC. Would we just keep going until there is no BTC left? 

Edited by Scottsummers
Spelling
  • Useful or interesting 1

5 hours ago, Scottsummers said:

Best view to take on it to be fair. At least your not bitter about it. You won't do it again anyway so at least you know that much. I once did it, but luckily it was only FTOs so not such a big deal but still annoying. It raises an interesting question though. Where do the coins go? Who gets them. Can they really be gone forever? If paper money is destroyed we have to print more. How can this work with BTC. Would we just keep going until there is no BTC left? 

I think we will keep miming and eventually keep up with lost bitcoin, but then what happens when that 20M bitcoins are all mined?

18 hours ago, CryptoMoney said:

If the transaction has been confirmed, that means it is not possible to refund the crypto. But, this suppose not to happen because it suppose to detect that the address code is not for litecoin. I have tried such before but it was bitcoin address and it was displayed that the address was not for bitcoin cash. 

Try to contact customer care support centre for your complaint.

Exactly there is not chance to get 'em back, I do not need to contact anyone really. Just accept my mistake and learn for it.

5 hours ago, nasipadang said:

Very unfortunate for your loss, but have you tried to send a ticket to yobit. this will be useful information for others too and if yes what was the response from the yobit team? I think someone might have a case like yours, then can get a solution.

I gave up on the coins, the only solution is to be carefully, looks like there is nothing yobit can do about it.

9 minutes ago, huyasdad08 said:

Hope you remember the warnings given, that will be a great loss for you, and it cannot be refunded. Please learn from experience, buddy

Don't you worry mate., i have already catch that lesson, I hate learning from misstates but then here I am.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/30/2019 at 3:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

This transaction cannot be recovered and that's why I think crypto platform are now reccomend KYC verification in order in the future to know all accounts that's so transactions might be recovered.

I can't answer all of your question, just contact the admins on yobit exchange to provide some answers for your question. But if you accidentally sent your ltc to btc, you just need to sent it again to your ltc but the value of it will decreased a little bit. That's what i think. 

11 hours ago, Lubruselu said:

This transaction cannot be recovered and that's why I think crypto platform are now reccomend KYC verification in order in the future to know all accounts that's so transactions might be recovered.

KYC can only be implemented on exchange sites and online wallets, hackers could juts use a hardware wallet, paper or brain wallet.

2 hours ago, teminalibug said:

KYC can only be implemented on exchange sites and online wallets, hackers could juts use a hardware wallet, paper or brain wallet.

I don't think hackers if they are eligible to stole your coins in your hardware wallets, cause this wallet are more secure also it is offline wallet

7 hours ago, Lubruselu said:

I don't think hackers if they are eligible to stole your coins in your hardware wallets, cause this wallet are more secure also it is offline wallet

You got it all wrong, I'm saying that hackers will not keep or send their coins on exchanges especially not centralized ones that uses KYC for user verification. I'm not saying hackers could hack your hardware wallet.