What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net) - Page 5 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net)

On 10/30/2019 at 7:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

i think you need to be a little more careful about sending coins and check first whether the address are correct or not , and i think sending LTC to BTC address is  like  impossible , but if that is the case , future advice should consider again before sending coins .

Address to sent Yes it has to checked where the coin is sent. The scammers send api's to consumers which by default copy the address & change their address  . I have faced this issue almost a year ago. Fortunately i keep records what i am doing

I too had this experience but every time I execute the transfer it sends me a message that the transfer is unsuccessful and after more than 15 or 20 attempts, I realized that the address was not good !

That is a huge mistake I also experienced that, but no way you can get it back just charge it to experienced and just make sure that it will not happen again, support cannot help you.

4 hours ago, sidik7 said:

i think you need to be a little more careful about sending coins and check first whether the address are correct or not , and i think sending LTC to BTC address is  like  impossible , but if that is the case , future advice should consider again before sending coins .

The weird part is when those coins were delivered to an LTC wallet while I send them to a BTC address (From LTC to BTC[but delivered to unknown LTC address])

I think you need to talk back to yobit's support team, but chances are you can't get it back because the move in time reminded you to check carefully.

Crypto trade is so sensitive you send wrong address that's mean you have lost your ltc nothing to do with that anymore. Next time never do this type of mistake.

Yep you already lost your money, sending litecoin to bitcoin address that's not fit and you can not get back to your money even you help an IT expert they can not do that.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

for your situation, the exchange could have fizzled, however in the event that your LTC was sent, it is difficult to return it and the issue is that occasionally you cant truly recuperate ltc from a btc address if its segwit, so they cannot do anything.

I think if we give the wrong wallet address then the amount we won't be able to return. therefore exchange always reminds to be careful when copy-paste the address so it doesn't happen like this

I found this from Web

Litecoin has updated the prefixes of their P2SH addresses that begin with a '3' to addresses that begin with an 'M.' This change was made to stop confusion between BTC and LTC's P2SH addresses, which used to be able to have the same '3' prefix. To cope with this change and further avoid having clients who accidentally transfer LTC into a BTC address. CoolWallet S has migrated from a 3* LTC address to M* LTC address.

However, if you have accidentally transferred LTC into a BTC address, you will not be able to recover the transferred LTC.

I think it’s impossible for confirm transection ltc to btc address because ltc and btc has different blockchain network. 

If you sent ltc to btc address your transection should not confirm.

If your transection confirm i think you should contract to  yobit support team for back your fund.              

On 11/21/2019 at 4:48 AM, Solainstaller said:

Just now one of the user gave information about his problem got solved through this admin. Below i am giving the link of the admin who is active in telegram : - https://twitter.com/AleksWarden 

"I'm Yobit admin Warden. I'm head of Yobit Exchange Tech. Support. If you need support please PM me or send email to warden@yobit-admin.net"

get help from him, mostly he will solve your problem.

Who give you this information is a scammer.

You can read/find all informations on Yobit official Telegram group/channel:

@yobichaten

Important, read pin message.

• Useful or interesting 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

If the transaction contains a confirmation then you cannot return your LTC. If transaction is not confirmed then you can return it. In this condition you need to cancel your transaction if cancel option is available.

Indeed yes,

that we are all personally responsible in sending crypto's to another or some one, as far as i remember, wrongly send crypto's to another is irreversible and will lost for good, so it is highly advice to double check address as you need to confirm it before totally transaction can be completed. i think so.

12 hours ago, ashua1 said:

As far as I know, the money will be quickly returned in about 24 hours when you have the wrong address between 2 cryptocurrencies.

That is what I thought and I kinda did that mistake once and my money was returned, but this time it was switched to another address.

If you accidentally send LTC coins instead of Bitcoin to UB, you will never get those coins back.Because if you accidentally stumble coins in the wrong address in the online market you will never get it back

Well, if you accidentally send your LTC to a bitcoin address then you have to forget the funds due to as I know that there is no way to recovers the funds.

I think nothing to do if you did such mistake. you can contact support for help and if you proof all the evidence and record it and send to them there is little chance to get back. So before send cryptocurrency you should double check. 

If you send your LTC to the BTC address then it means that you lost your all coins if you send 500$ or 5000$ to the wrong address then you will lost your all coins and never it will recover. Crypto market is the best market but if you make a mistake then it means that you lost your money in this business.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

8 hours ago, ashua1 said:

You mean it was not returned to you. I had the same situation but soon they returned the wallet to me. If you do not return you contact yobit support.

I know how supports works, they will only help you if the coins were never received on another weird address, they will always find an excuse.

Sorry for that, in such situations such money is gone for good going by the wallet that am using it will always be stated there that once you sent litecoin to bitcoin address it will result in permanent loss of that money because it cnt be reverse

7 hours ago, ashua1 said:

If you transferred the wrong BTC wallet address to the LCT wallet address then make sure it was not received and you are refunded.

It was switched to another address which was an LTC address but only god knows whose that address was.

On 10/30/2019 at 7:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

Excuse me, you can get it back with all the hash in the world, Lol. You need to very careful next time, my friend. Just leave it. Life is only once,  be happy.