Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Page 16 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

Like what day traders strategies use in order fir them to earn money, you have to keep on monitoring the prices in order for you to profit, since cryptocurrency prices are uncertain, it can be unprofitable to long it for a long period if time. 

On 10/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

I don't think so long term holding  is bad in my opinion we earn more profit in long term holding right now market is dumping mode i think at the end  of this year its will pump again good time to buy some  altcoins like litcoin ripple coin ethereum i always prefer long term trading

I have seen some people say that long-term holders are dumb, because they are holding losses and this is a stupid meme.  However I disagree with that, as we believe the BTC will grow even more.  What do you think

Long term investing seems to make sense in the first place. After all, if you want to invest for your retirement, that is for long term right? There are many empirical studies with 20 to 30 years historical data to justify this argument. It says that if you were an average investor and held a basket of index stocks, you are almost certain to make money if you stay invested for long enough.

Why you must long term in crypto while you can gained 100-200% just for a day like Tomo,Matic and Tezos. Im prefer Stocks if you wanna hold for the long run

long term holding is a good strategy and it can't be implemented on all cryptocurrency.but on few..for that first one have to analyse  market and the trading system.then only it will be profitable

• -2 1

I don't think so. If you have a lot of money and no hurry to earn. Then my suggest is invest for long time. Because just imagine 2009. When Bitcoin price two much low. 

Every person going with his own analysis and tricks just because of this every one try to share his own experience its never been bad if you are going for long term investment in bitcoin because now its have some good market and community so if any one want to invest for some long term can do without any problem just keep eye on market for better response and profit as some its very important for every investor.

It depends, If the trend up of price is very strong holding is good choice because it will gives us maximal profit, but if the trend of price starts weakness will be better to taking short term profit because the price will goes down.

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

On 10/28/2019 at 9:40 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

In my opinion waiting for the right moment to trade and sell is the best option because you have to make certain analysis by yourself. You have to make your own decision for making transaction. You can hold and wait for right moment and sell it and get some profit.

On 1/8/2020 at 6:23 PM, Ripolok said:

That’s not true, but only HODLing is also not the best strategy. Everybody was screaming HODL when Bitcoin was $20,000 and dropped to $10,000. It dropped even further. Still, everyone was screaming HODL. This meme is a trick by whales to sell to newbies. HODL is a great long-term strategy over several years, but a terrible short term strategy.

That is right. Holding is not suitable on all time. You need find other strategy than holding.

Holding is good for long term, where you believe that coin will going up and useful in the future. Many people take wrong advice. They think with holding can get profit in short time. That is not right. Holding not good for trading in short term.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

I really think long term holding is not bad but people see it in a different way because they think it's interest rate will decrease over night

On 10/28/2019 at 11:55 AM, saintelincon said:

Just respect their opinion. You do not need to get angry or pissed-off to them, if they see it as risky, then be it. I do short term and long term holding depending on the coin that I have. Short term trading is fun and challenging, it's like an sport, you always need to be alert.

nMvFbuZ.png

16 hours ago, Humayun Kabir said:

If you hold or hold coins for longer, you may suffer losses yourself. Because if the price of coins goes down again, you will be at a loss. And as you grow, you may be able to see the face of profit. But taking a risk does not make sense.

Yes that is right. I realize holding coin for long times now is like waste our time. Around 90% cryptocurrency if we see on yearly chart, their price sure is going down time to time. So if you want take profit, i recommended to take it as soon as possible, so you can minimize the risk losing your money.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, nazik123 said:

I saw many saying that holding bitcoin is very bad and it is useless to save the Bitcoin currency for the future investment.But I am not agree with the people .

I agree, yes it's a little bit long or very long holding, but we have no choice other than selling it at a low price or lose money, then the other way we can do is to hold it and wait for the right moment to engage into something. And rest assured by holding a coin it will surely grow.

It all depends on what price you buy the coin, if you buy it when the price of the coin is at the peak. It takes a long time for the price to go back so it is better to immediately cut loss than hold it. It's bad for trader . So your goal is trading or investment? 😅

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

Holding on to coins long term have their ups and downs. We cant predict the value of the coins in the future.it may increase which would be good for us or keeps going down and we hope it would go back up. Holding on to coin is just waiting for the opportune moment to sell high.

Yes i also think long term holding is bad. Because coin price can down. Any time. So trading with coins and holding coins for a short time is more better. 

I think they say that because the market is extremely volatile and as the years go by they see the value of cryptocurrency decreasing as more types of currency get developed, some people may also say this because they don't believe in crypto and expect it to crash or reach zero value in the coming years.

Me personally j dont want along term hold.i want is that short term why?i saw this as more profitable than longterm holding.and one thing is that what if the coins you hold will be just stock in the market or it will be just shit coin

Not all coins were successful in keeping for long-term storage. Perhaps someone has lost capital on this and therefore opinions are divided.

16 hours ago, Sahil19 said:

If anyone want to big profit then they need to hold for long time..but most of the people's have not patients about holding and they said holding is bad

That is right. Many people is only want fast money from cryptocurrency, that is why they prefer just trading it besides holding the coin. Where actually if we always trading the coin, we take so much energy to do it, but the reward is maybe can be worse than holding.

Thank you.

Holding cryptocurrency is a strategy it doesn't mean they're dumb.when a person choose to hold and not invest or sell their coins.its their option.sometimes it's better to just store coins on wallet and sell it on right time.instead of investing on different site which they may lost their capital.

Holding bitcoin for a long time is not bad. But for traders, they prefer to take advantage of market tendencies so they can make a profit.

BTC: 3PmWotSGNLYiQtQgmRctqAAWVMtAayf282