Difference between Public key and Addresses? - Page 2 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Yomose

Difference between Public key and Addresses?

On 6/2/2020 at 11:13 AM, Yomose said:

On wallets, I do noticed they have public keys, and warned by the wallet that if the public key is revealed to anyone that all your transactions will be revealed to the person. And what are the other dangers of given public keys to another person?

Addresses are for receiving cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, each cryptocurrencies  have their own corresponding public keys and the key likely also generate the addresses, is this correct? 

As far as i know there is no danger of giving our wallet public key to others, but receiving moneys more than 2 times with the same public key have higher risk of teasing our wallet by hackers,

• +1 1

Your address is a hashed value of your public key. Your address is where your funds can be sent to while your public key is used to ensure that you are the owner of that address on which funds are sent.

• +2 1

This is very accurate and useful information because it has helped me to better understand the difference between private and public crypto currency wallet codes.

• -1 1
  • +3 1

11 hours ago, betelihem said:

As far as i know there is no danger of giving our wallet public key to others, but receiving moneys more than 2 times with the same public key have higher risk of teasing our wallet by hackers,

@betelihem I will like you to answer the question before I can further my explanation. Did you know the difference between public keys and addresses? 

• +2 1

4 hours ago, Yomose said:

@betelihem I will like you to answer the question before I can further my explanation. Did you know the difference between public keys and addresses? 

I think its the different version of our wallet address, that will makes sure that the wallet is ours right? and its generated from privet key right, so what do you want to answer exactly. 

• -2 1
  • +1 1

I don't have much knowledge about the public key , well I think since it's public there would be no risk if it's been given out, but for private keys it's meant to be kept safe and and should not be disclose to anyone .

• -1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

1 hour ago, Virgil dijk said:

I don't have much knowledge about the public key , well I think since it's public there would be no risk if it's been given out, but for private keys it's meant to be kept safe and and should not be disclose to anyone .

All your transactions details can be known to anyone that knows the public key, the whole transactions can be known. So, given it to others reduces your wallet privacy. Only addresses are better to be given someone. 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Basically public key is like your Login and Password credentials hashed in a single long variable that has numbers and characters.

So having such public key is like father of all your transactioned data, it will give data information from your wallets and that person can do wtv he wants with them, using your balance, your addresses and so much.

• +1 2

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

Cryptocurrencies are based on blockchain technology which is a distributed ledger that records the transactions in blocks linked by cryptography, Asymmetric cryptography to be exact. In asymmetric cryptography, there are two keys, a public key that can be shared with everyone, which is used for encryption and a private key which is known only to the owner and is used for decryption. So with the use of public cryptography, your transactions are safe and secure until your private key is safe.

@Yomose I appreciate that you tried to explain a complex subject but you need to be more specific and detailed because these explanations are too vague to understand anything.

• +2 1

468x60-3.png

On 6/17/2020 at 4:07 PM, Dmasked said:

@Yomose I appreciate that you tried to explain a complex subject but you need to be more specific and detailed because these explanations are too vague to understand anything.

@Dmasked I get your point, there is nothing much to explain as there are topics about private keys and public keys on this forum. But, some people though public keys are addressed, that is why I made the topic that public keys generation the addresses and the address are used for sending and receiving funds. The private keys are keys to unlock the funds. 

On 6/17/2020 at 7:57 AM, betelihem said:

I think its the different version of our wallet address, that will makes sure that the wallet is ours right? and its generated from privet key right, so what do you want to answer exactly. 

@betelihem check the above comment. That is the difference. They are completely different. 

• +1 2

@Yomose I agree that the cryptographic keys are a proper subjects for discussions and the subject has not been duly explained and familiarized by any users but without any disrespect, i would like to point out that the post you created was not detailed enough and did not even properly scratch the surface of the subject. So i insist you provide more explanation to the topics you create.

• +1 1

468x60-3.png

2 hours ago, Fritz1013 said:

The public key and private key are both important, the public key can be shown to other people because it is needed for some transactions, while private key should be kept only on yourself, do not share it to anyone so your account will be safe.

@Fritz1013 do not get this wrong, it is the address that will be shown or sent to people for payment, the public key is not revealed to anyone, although, if public key is reveal, no coin can be stolen but it will show you whole wallet transactions details right from the begining you have been using the wallet. 

• +2 1

I believe that the public key of the wallet is the same as the address of the wallet on which the funds are received, and therefore there is no problem in sharing the wallet address in some locations in order to receive or send money, but private key must be kept in a safe place because losing it may lead to losing your money in This wallet

• +2 2

The general address is the wallet number or in other words your account to receive money.
As for the private key, it is the password of this wallet, and losing it means losing your money and not being able to get it back.

• +1 1

The keys in the wallet are to allow access to your private wallet, which is the email address and password.
If you lose these keys, there is no way to get to your wallet.
So be careful not to forget these keys.

Public keys do not constitute an actual threat to the wallet as they constitute private keys that may lead to stealing the wallet. As for the addresses, they are more like records for sending and receiving. In general, I never encourage sharing any information on the Internet, as the methods of fraud are different and constantly changing and developing.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Sharing the private keys for the wallet does not pose any risk, but the private key is a great danger and you will lose your currencies if you share it from others

• +1 1

Life is great and enjoy it

Private keys or confidential details are  too important to be disclose outside especially online, it's very riskful and dangerous as easily you stand a chance to loose your money. Private keys are seeds meant for you and you alone, don't try to compromise it at any cost an no matter what some one may claim to offers you. While wallet addresses are just like mere account number through which you receive or send currency to someone.

• +1 1

On wallets, I do noticed they have public keys, and warned by the wallet that if the public key is revealed to anyone that all your transactions will be revealed to the person. And what are the other dangers of given public keys to another person?

Addresses are for receiving cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, each cryptocurrencies  have their own corresponding public keys and the key likely also generate the addresses, is this correct? 

Public keys is not that big issue to be revealed because it is the key thats you can share in order to receive the transaction from another person, but hackers also using public addresses to track the unconfirmed transactions in order to hack them. 

• +2 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

On 6/2/2020 at 1:58 PM, Yomose said:

Better not to share anything because they will try to penetrate and penetrate which will block our account by the multiple login with wrong password. I think public key is addresses for sending and receiving cryptocurrency and you can share you public key but sharing private keys can hamper your account.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

The public key is also called address and as the name say it is the one you give to others to send you money. The private key is the one only you should only know to send cryptocurrencies between addresses.

Edited by bogdanoff

Public key is a key that can beshared to third party to get access to your account as thier own wish whereas private key or password is a secret key that shouldn't to be shared to third party

Don't share your private or public keys to anyone. Hackers try to get your account details by giving you greedy offers and when you share your information, they stole all your money. There are many people who have fallen victim to scammers and hackers. So members should avoid such kind of information to a stranger one

• +1 2

As far as i know public key is get use to enabled 2fa security system which lead your account more strong and when ever you want to withdrawal your money from your account the public key is need to complete the withdrawal.. Again currency address is Just a way to received currency from other member... If you share it with other then there has no problem                    

• Useful or interesting 2

On 6/2/2020 at 1:58 PM, Yomose said:

Yes It is correct. Bitcoin and other Crypto in a wallet has it's public keys that is basically used to receive the fund. Others could know the information related to the transaction if you share public keys with them.And for big risks we don't need to worry about sharing public keys. However don't share it with unknown. As if your wallet has good funds, scammmers maybe attracted to that.

The thing you need to worry about is private keys. Keep them safely and don't share with anyone. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,