Difference between Public key and Addresses? - Page 6 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Yomose

Difference between Public key and Addresses?

A Bitcoin address is a 160-bit hash of the public portion of a public-private ECDSA keypair. Public key are not the addresses.  address is like an email address that funds can be sent to the public key is used by the wallet to make different addresses.

Friend as far as I know, the public key as its name says is public, that is to say you can share it with anyone, what you cannot share is your private key 

As far as I know, Public key is your adress through which you receive and send coins. It is safe to share it but private keys are the keys to reach your wallet which only YOU should know. I advise you write your private keys in a piece of paper and store them in a secure place. Never take photo or screen shot of these keys because photos are stored in digital environment and digital environment rarely provide security.  That is very important!

• +2 1

On 12/12/2020 at 8:39 AM, cryptoman22 said:

I think that more or less we are all clear about what a public key consists of, the private key for me, what is really important is the private key since with this you will have your secure cryptocurrencies and you can recover your wallet in case of loss with this private key
A big greeting to the whole community

You are right that private key is most important but without public key, address can not be generated. Also without address, no coin can be received or sent. They are all important. 

Realize the diversity between reserved input and the in the public domain means the classified means this ailing organize with to produce you wallet anodyne and hold on to your riches prudent but the freely available main you be able to treatment it to take delivery of change to the wallet. 

Public key is that you can share your coin with anyone without any problem to get money in your currency

But private key is that you cannat share your coin without knowing password.its your safe account password.

Don't share your private or public keys to anyone. Hackers try to get your account details by giving you greedy offers and when you share your information, they stole all your money. There are many people who have fallen victim to scammers and hackers. So members should avoid such kind of information to a stranger.

• Useful or interesting 1

Dear friend  In this forum I have started a completely new work.  So my experience with this forum is very little.  But I am trying to be an experienced and skilled member of the forum.  There are many experienced members in the forum who come forward to solve any of our problems.  I hope I get a good idea about this by the comments of experienced people in your post.  Thank you.

On 6/2/2020 at 1:13 PM, Yomose said:

On wallets, I do noticed they have public keys, and warned by the wallet that if the public key is revealed to anyone that all your transactions will be revealed to the person. And what are the other dangers of given public keys to another person?

Addresses are for receiving cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, each cryptocurrencies  have their own corresponding public keys and the key likely also generate the addresses, is this correct? 

Every wallet has its public key and private key private key means that you should not reveal it to anyone and don't share it with anyone also you would not lose it if you lose your private key then you will lose all your money and the public key means that an address which you share with people and they can transfer incomes are profits to you.

Many currencies use the Ethereum blockchain, for example, so when transferring and transferring it we need the public address on the network of our wallet to transfer it to it As for the private key, it is the pass word and it is not related to the blockchain, but rather it is the password of our governor

The difference between Public Keys and Address is that a person will not benefit from giving him your Public Keys unless he uses a tool to find out your wallet address, and you will not be hurt by anything. Rather, when you give him your address, he will be able to send through a wallet or a exchange, not like Public Keys..

On wallets, I do noticed they have public keys, and warned by the wallet that if the public key is revealed to anyone that all your transactions will be revealed to the person. And what are the other dangers of given public keys to another person?

Addresses are for receiving cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, each cryptocurrencies  have their own corresponding public keys and the key likely also generate the addresses, is this correct? 

Hey dude, sorry I don't have any idea about this. I am a newbie on this platform so I don't it know much things about this. I hope seniors will help you and answer your question.

• +1 1

It is better to maintain complete secrecy during your dealings with the governor, as there are a lot of fake wallets that are created only for theft and fraud, and in fact this is what Satoshi taught us , as he is the owner of the most powerful currency in the world, but we still do not know him, this is a lesson In maintaining confidentiality.

• +4 1

It is a new topic for me  beacuse i am a new member of the cryptotalk palteforum. I think private key and public key have a little bit difference.

Private key keep your wallet safe and in your control. Private key can not be shared with others . Public key can b shared with others for access to the wallet.

The one that reveals a transactions made from your wallet  and it can only be used by advanced hackers to steal your crypto while as the addresse is used for receiving.  

I think public key and wallet address are not that different. I only know the difference of private key and wallet address or public key. A private key will help you to protect your wallet and a public key you will use it to receive coins

there is no issue of offering your public keys to another person yet you should be cautious with your private keys that are you are primary approach to control your cash.

As we all know that public keys, Evey forum generate and we some time give these to other people for the purpose of receiving money. But there is danger from hacker. They can stolen money from account. So be aware from them.

Address keys didn't affect your account from hackers. These are simple address of your account to stolen,they require both private key and your personal key. 

• +5 1

Public key is not that risky for stolen your money campare to private keys and if you give some one your public key don’t worried about your money because public key has not that ability to open your account in another device and Address we all its use for transactions from one wallet to another.

• +2 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:21 AM, Mella said:

I am tryt o understand this too and from the answers of other I read above the question you are have is about the same thing because public key is the address too but the private key is the secret that you cannot share with another person it will help you acess your crypto and your wallet.

Crypto address can be shared anywhere. There is no harm to your wallet. Private keys are like address by which someone can check your account but it is also okey we can share it. But private keys are important. If we share it our account will ba hacked. 

Hi friend one wallet have its public key, private key and the addresses now we cannot share our private key to any because this is very harmful for wallet because scammers can easily access our wallet by having the private key. We can share our public key because this is not more risky for us. And the addresses of the wallet cannot make any issue if we share them with the other people.

Hello my friend, the explanation is simple as friends said, but I understood from their explanation that the public key and the address are one thing used to denote the wallet and transfer bitcoin to it

well, public are keys which You preserve piece them with anybody without any tribulations to gather capital on them, but clandestine keys and passwords cannot be communal with somebody and you duty stop them in a prudent consign and form sponsorship copies and also retrieve it all, 

Edited by Ababakrin

What i know in public key are keys that are show to people publicly why address are personal website key that will only open a person information into the cryptotalk world for my understanding thanks.

• +1 1

the  words which we call as our address is basically what is also called as the public key as basically we have two types of keys which are in the usage of having the own a wallet as the public key is what we use in having to send and receive funds as the  private key is a key which gives us the total control on having to have full control of wallet address as we can input our address on another wallet if they are compatible in having to import the use of private keys like that of the electrum wallet