Is Adam Back the man behind Satoshi Nakamoto? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BTC Future

Is Adam Back the man behind Satoshi Nakamoto?

I did delete the original post, because I wanted to review some details and thought that I was hasty before posting. I now re-post the exact same article bellow, as I validated some of the information inside the video. I know think that it is even more important to find out the details from the video bellow and also do your own research on the matter. I think it contains valid information, as far as I remember and read by myself for the last three years, although personally I wasn't active with Bitcoin during 2015-2016 in order to create a definite opinion.

My previous post (unchanged) bellow:

A redditor according to this post claims that it is proven that Adam Back, the CEO of Blockstream, is the person behind the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin.

Adam Back besides being CEO of Blockstream, is also the creator of Hashcash, a Proof-of-Work (PoW) system that is being used for the reduction of internet spam by many anti-spam systems. A similar system to Hashcash is being used in Bitcoin as well, and Satoshi referenced Adam Back in the Bitcoin Whitepaper. 

Reddit user r/surge3d posted the youtube video on Reddit, claiming that Back had to be Satoshi according to his writting style, his cryptography background and his involvmend in the cryptographers mailing list.

The youtube video is posted on 11th May 2020, and is really interesting covering details and recent observations.

It is 40 minutes long, but still I suggest watching it, as it is still an fun way to pass your time.

Edited by BTC Future
  • Useful or interesting 6
  • +4 1

Oh wow, that was some great investigate work. Really cool. I don't know what to think but everything seems to line up just right. Adam seems t be a perfect candinate.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +4 1

Wait, isn't Blockstream the company that took over the Bitcointalk forum, as stated on a previous discussion?

And Bitcointalk might as well being the "official" (or was it r/bitcoin?) Bitcoin forum (even Nakamoto-san was active there back then), then it would make perfect sense if he had his company acquire the forum, because that forum has a special place for him.

In response, Adam Back himself denied the possibility of him and Nakamoto-san being the same person.

https://decrypt.co/28542/new-theory-claims-adam-back-is-satoshi-nakamoto

The evidence presented are too uncanny to be brushed off as mere coincidence though.

Edited by kyoukage01
learned about the existence of r/bitcoin after watching the video
  • Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

5 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Wait, isn't Blockstream the company that took over the Bitcointalk forum, as stated on a previous discussion?

That whole thread seemed to be just for turning other forums against btctalk. As it was 1 message from newb account without any other post history. 

At the start i was sure that this video will be another trashing attempt from the "original vision" crowd, or another sensationalist waste of time but i decided to watch anyway because it was well made in many ways. And i glad i watched it trough because i wasn't paying attention too much back when this was all happening. So it was a history lesson for me too.

5 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

In response, Adam Back himself denied the possibility of him and Nakamoto-san being the same person.

The evidence presented are too uncanny to be brushed off as mere coincidence though.

Well, obviously he denies it :). Coming out after all the cover up would be weird move. There were just many coincidences, especially the ones in the timeline blew me away.

Ps: Thanks for that decrypt article, i love their style to write articles with depth.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

6 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Indeed. But it was actually targeting a bitcointalk member without proper evidence. I also answered that perhaps this bitcointalk member was paid by blockstream. It wasn't impossible but still that post isn't providing anything useful at all in my opinion.

Edited by BTC Future

12 hours ago, rekter said:

Oh wow, that was some great investigate work. Really cool. I don't know what to think but everything seems to line up just right. Adam seems t be a perfect candinate.

There are a lot of rumors in the network about the mysterious Nakamoto. And whether it exists at all. I don't know what to believe anymore. But one thing is clear: Bitcoin has been a huge success since its release. And I will work with cryptocurrencies regardless of the fact that the Creator is unknown.

This is a good search, but I think Satoshi s personality is still unknown and no one knows the truth about this character. These articles and news are still hypotheses that are not supported by convincing evidence.

17 minutes ago, CryptoMaxim said:

There are a lot of rumors in the network about the mysterious Nakamoto. And whether it exists at all. I don't know what to believe anymore. But one thing is clear: Bitcoin has been a huge success since its release. And I will work with cryptocurrencies regardless of the fact that the Creator is unknown.

I have seen most of the theories, but nothing has come even close to this. This has way more idea behind it, even the bch and bsv and communities seems to be confused now. Even Calvin Ayre called him a scammer after this came out despite Adam claiming that he is not a Satoshi. 😂

source:

https://twitter.com/adam3us/status/1260089463453224960

• +2 2

I don't think so because these days many people are spreading fake news that he is satoshi nakamoto even some days ago I read that there is no satoshi nakamoto it's just a myth 

those are some great observations by whoever posted it, it could very well be Adam Back as he sure seems to be using it very profitablly

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

I don't think so. Because the person could be anyone but the facts that you given are quite relevant. But the creator can be a person or a team and the name can not be spoken so easily because the anonymous is always there. So let's hope someday we can find whoever the creator is and we can find why he remained silent till now. 

• +1 1

I've heard that discussions about this topic has been deleted elsewhere, mainly at Bitcointalk and Reddit, and I hope that this one won't share the same fate. If it does, well, I can think of quite a few reasons why 😉 ...

19 hours ago, rekter said:

At the start i was sure that this video will be another trashing attempt from the "original vision" crowd, or another sensationalist waste of time but i decided to watch anyway because it was well made in many ways. And i glad i watched it trough because i wasn't paying attention too much back when this was all happening. So it was a history lesson for me too.

I got depressed for a few hours after watching the video 😔 in my case. Especially the part where Bitcoin is supposed to be for the community but the huge bulk today is currently hodled by whales. This has turned into a similarity to the real world where a massive percentage of the total wealth is owned by only a few 'elite'. I will watch the video a few more times since there are some details that has just gone over my head.

Well, obviously he denies it :). Coming out after all the cover up would be weird move. There were just many coincidences, especially the ones in the timeline blew me away.

Right now, he is the latest person who doesn't need to claim himself as "the" Nakamoto-san to be considered as a likely candidate, retired physicist Nakamoto Dorian-san being the other example I know. Unlike the latter, there are quite a lot of circumstantial evidence on him, especially where he has significant involvement in the early history of Bitcoin.

Seeing that this video is just new and is beginning to be a hot topic in the crypto world, let's see what the future events will be. Censorship on the topic on other discussion websites is already a telltale sign that the video uploader might be the closest to the truth this time, and some other entity doesn't like it.

Ps: Thanks for that decrypt article, i love their style to write articles with depth.

You're welcome.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +2 1

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

21 hours ago, rekter said:

I have seen most of the theories, but nothing has come even close to this. This has way more idea behind it, even the bch and bsv and communities seems to be confused now. Even Calvin Ayre called him a scammer after this came out despite Adam claiming that he is not a Satoshi. 😂

source:

https://twitter.com/adam3us/status/1260089463453224960

Indeed I've read that Calvin Ayre tweet when reading the Back replies and it was really confusing. Basically I don't trust anyone from BSV for any reason. CW is just telling stories to make millions. Following him and reading what ever he has to say is just wasting my time, so I stopped that.

The video does not prove that Adam Back is Satoshi, but it makes a good case of him being the main suspect. I am certain that there will be much research on him from now with people trying to link transactions and details together. 

16 hours ago, magd said:

I am not interested in searching for the real Satoshi Nakamoto because it always comes out new people who say they are Satoshi and things reveal, we find that it was a hoax in favor of a certain party and perhaps this time the purpose of this claim is to remove interests from the main forum

Why you don't read the whole post I've made or go ahead and watch the video. If you aren't interested then you shouldn't respond that you are not interested.

2 hours ago, Basad said:

Satoshi nakamoto is that expert who created Bitcoin and launched on 2009 but what keep surprising me that's Satoshi is no were to be found but I don't believe in that may he may be death or he was a ghost

Did you even read the post or just reply whatever comes to your mind?

16 hours ago, Shahud said:

every person want to become famous or popular by claiming to be sataoshi nakamoto.hence i am just irritated with these people and i have no more desore to find out the sataoshi nakamoto.if he comes openly then we will be knowing by the genuine sources

Out of topic. Read the post before answering without even caring what is going on. This is just spam. If you have no desire to find out then why are you posting here?

18 hours ago, Saj555 said:

I don't think so. Because the person could be anyone but the facts that you given are quite relevant. But the creator can be a person or a team and the name can not be spoken so easily because the anonymous is always there. So let's hope someday we can find whoever the creator is and we can find why he remained silent till now. 

What are these facts that I've given? I didn't provide any facts, I pointed to a youtube video. Did you watch it? I bet you didn't. Yet you have an opinion?

Edited by BTC Future

Yes, it is interesting, thank you, but I still think Satoshi Nakamoto is not a single person because there may be several people behind this nickname.

47 minutes ago, CleanmadeasDf said:

If he is a ghost, it is not literally just a fact that he is no where to be found but his work is alive that is ghost enough, but whether he is dead or alive, we will never know.

I think that we shouldn't be too certain about never knowing. Noone disappears without leaving behind clues on his identity. I am certain that with all the clues Satoshi left if a major organization as the NSA wanted they would have found out by now. If you look at what this person in the video discovered just by spenting some time to search the internet you would be amazed. Imagine a researcher having all the data NSA has at their desposal. It would be totally possible to find out the real identity.

The question is forgetting the notion of Adam, is on secret looping questions, us Satoshi nakamoto, even a group first of all, or a secret organization which embed this idea of making money actually look decentralized as a platform and grow to a community, as it's on today. We forget why the identity  was never revealed, as it the story there is, Satoshi nakamoto, is basically a secret not to known, as knowing now it pointless as how the Bitcoin has actually grown, even without the creators

20 hours ago, BTC Future said:

The video does not prove that Adam Back is Satoshi, but it makes a good case of him being the main suspect. I am certain that there will be much research on him from now with people trying to link transactions and details together.

In the video, there was an interview with Adam Back where he was asked about his connection to Satoshi Nakamoto. Some people at the Youtube comments point out that when he replied, he does some body movements that indicate that he is lying. I still don't think that their identities are one and the same, but I'll bet that he KNOWS something, and is trying to hide it.

And he and/or his associates are making a mistake of trying to censor discussions about it.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:37 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Censorship on the topic on other discussion websites is already a telltale sign that the video uploader might be the closest to the truth this time, and some other entity doesn't like it.

Whether the video uploader is right or wrong, it would have just blown over in a few days had they left the discussions run its natural course. It would have remained just as an elaborate theory. But since they are trying to censor it, it now raises a possibility that there is a conspiracy going on, others will be curious about it, and that Youtube video won't certainly be the last content we'll see and hear about this issue.

On 5/14/2020 at 3:40 AM, BTC Future said:

I did delete the original post, because I wanted to review some details and thought that I was hasty before posting. I now re-post the exact same article bellow, as I validated some of the information inside the video. I know think that it is even more important to find out the details from the video bellow and also do your own research on the matter. I think it contains valid information, as far as I remember and read by myself for the last three years, although personally I wasn't active with Bitcoin during 2015-2016 in order to create a definite opinion.

My previous post (unchanged) bellow:

A redditor according to this post claims that it is proven that Adam Back, the CEO of Blockstream, is the person behind the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin.

Adam Back besides being CEO of Blockstream, is also the creator of Hashcash, a Proof-of-Work (PoW) system that is being used for the reduction of internet spam by many anti-spam systems. A similar system to Hashcash is being used in Bitcoin as well, and Satoshi referenced Adam Back in the Bitcoin Whitepaper. 

Reddit user r/surge3d posted the youtube video on Reddit, claiming that Back had to be Satoshi according to his writting style, his cryptography background and his involvmend in the cryptographers mailing list.

The youtube video is posted on 11th May 2020, and is really interesting covering details and recent observations.

It is 40 minutes long, but still I suggest watching it, as it is still an fun way to pass your time.

Yes I think that your post is great and it takes a lot of time and knowledge to investigate something like this. I think that I am now hooked in the story of satoshi Nakamoto and those his companions that helped him create cryptocurrency and bitcoin

4 hours ago, UT2001 said:

This is now the third different name that has been mentioned throughout this forum about who the real Satoshi Nakamoto could actually be. Whoever he is he is likely a very rich man that is all that is certain.

Indeed. Although if it is Adam Back then he might have really good reasons in not wanting to be revealed. These reasons always have to do with money.

21 hours ago, AH108 said:

This is now the third different name that has been mentioned throughout this forum about who the real Satoshi Nakamoto. satoshi Nakamoto and those his companions that helped him create cryptocurrency and bitcoin.The identity of this guy is clear that this guy did not leave no clues.

I would suggest to watch the video I've posted. While I'm convinced that Adam Back has a really good chance to be Satoshi, I still have reservations. These reservations keep fading though, as the reaction of the Bitcoin community was disproportional to their reaction on any other name other researchers investigates (i.e. Nick Szabo). Noone came out to discredit the person that made an article about Satoshi being someone else. Still Blockstream paid shills as Tone Vays and Jimmy Song to make a three hour long video discrediting the person behind the video and basically what they did was lying and spreading their usual propaganda. I feel disgusted by these people.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:16 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Well, that makes him more suspicious. We all know that Nakamoto doesn't want to know who is he, right? And Adam Banks have the same similarity like Nakamoto. And even though he is alleged as the real nakamoto, he denied it. That's what make him more suspicious that he is really Satoshi Nakamoto. Well, let's just wait for other time and maybe he will claim it by himself.

I do not think that we should focus on knowing who because we can reach wrong and unhelpful answers, but we must focus on knowing how to profit from it and how to obtain profits and invest more and better.

1 hour ago, koussai999 said:

do not think that we should focus on knowing who

Well, the important thing here in this forum is to discuss some topics given by the members, if you didn't want to participate, kindly find some topics that you want to, i hope you may understand.

11 hours ago, Hatred said:

Well, that makes him more suspicious. We all know that Nakamoto doesn't want to know who is he, right? And Adam Banks have the same similarity like Nakamoto. And even though he is alleged as the real nakamoto, he denied it. That's what make him more suspicious that he is really Satoshi Nakamoto. Well, let's just wait for other time and maybe he will claim it by himself.

He didn't just deny it ! The most suspicious thing was that he did sent two famous Bitcoin influencers , Tone Vays and Jimmy Song to make a two-three hour live stream in order to discredit the person that did an invastigative video on what is going on. The two shills were being totally out of control, trying to accuse this person of being a noob, of not being honest and tried to link him with Bitcoin Cash! This was absolutely incredible to watch. They even told the guy that made the video that they would debate him live in Tone Vays show, and they didn't do that either!

It was a total joke. The guy @barelysocial made a 3 hour live stream response to Tone vays and got 3 time more viewers than him. You can find it in his channel in youtube if you want to spent some time. It is funny how Tone vays is lying out of his teeth and how he changes the "Tone" of his voice when he is lying. 

This information may be really interesting, but for me I no longer trust much the people claiming to be Satoshi. We have heard many of these and some of them have provided strong evidence but in general I do not trust them. And if you want my personal opinion, many people prefer that Satoshi's personality remain unknown and mysterious because this is what gives her a lot of the magic this character possesses and people love.