Editing your own topic takes too much time - Page 4 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Editing your own topic takes too much time

Everything in this forum was well strategized if we check carefully there is an option if you want to delete or edit it which is favorable for us because even though you made a mistake for your posts like wrong spelling or grammar, you can actually edit or correct it easily.

i had this problem recently when i wrote a topic , maybe they considering editing like writing a new post and you should wait before you do that , actually i don't like it but it is not that bad

• +1 1
  • +3 1

On 4/11/2020 at 2:34 PM, johant123 said:

When you write a topic, and you want to edit it immediately (e.g. for correcting spelling errors) you get a warning that you must wait longer before creating a new post. That is strange, because you're not writing a new message, but you're editing a post that already exists.

Not sure if the current "pause between posts" mechanism can be easily adapted, but it would be great if we could edit our posts without having to wait until the pause timer expires.

Anyone else having this same issue?

Dont worry about it becuase its a forum feature.. Yah we usually Edit post when see something wrong with our information..but its good that you cant submit edit topic immediately because this forum authorities want when you edit your topic and correct  the mistake then you should read YOUR topic once more time.. So this forum has a feature like this..                       

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

My friend, in my opinion, you should pay good attention and review the topic well before publishing.
As for me, I review and check my posts before publishing them to avoid making mistakes.

Yes, my friend, we encountered this problem. It takes 3 minutes before we can edit your topic

The solution to this problem lies in taking the time when writing topics or responses in order to avoid spelling errors

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I don't face this problem because everyone has more time in writing when I'm writing my post so I really take care of some specific things which is needed and after that I read my post so many times that there isn't any error or mistake because it cause warning points..

• +1 1

We are all given interval of 3 good minutes before making another post and that is good because we can use the remaining seconds to review what we have written before submission but still we mostly make errors after submission which is why i think is good to be calm when making post because small error of typing can change your whole language.

• +1 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

The gap between the posts is highly essential in my opinion because it starts a lot of the spam messages which would otherwise swarm the site and we will not get any sort of good post.

I did so not necessarily handle this challenge due to the fact I did so not necessarily change my matter right after creating that, yet I do believe now will be excellent so that you can offer us all sufficient time to learn this the issue once more and also appropriate the particular problem.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I have seen this happen and it shouldn't because it takes three minutes to edit a small mistake after submiting a new post. This is some bug in the code and probably should be fixed because a timer is not needed there. Good that someone made a post about it and asks for a correction.

• +1 1

I have only created 1 or 2 topic for that I have not faced this kind of problem because I used to double check what I am going to post, so the error can be rectified also suggest to all the cryptotalk family members to do in this manner.

I also believe that there is no need to have specific time for a topic to be edited. The users are just ensuring that the topic is devoid of any kind of spelling errors. The users are not trying to post something new it is just about correcting any kind of errors. It would be good if such unwanted time to edit post before publishing is avoided.

• +1 1

i think for any new topic, edit topic, post comment, send message on chat, that take 3 minute between two operation, it's just my opinion from what i understood.

• +1 2

This forum doesn't give chances for much mistakes and that is why they have the feature of giving out warning points for anyone who violate any rule and since that is the case then we should always make sure we recheck our post everytime before submitting to avoid any inconveniences which might likely lead us to receive warning point if we are not aware, since we have 3 minutes between each post then we should use some seconds to review the post we have written before submitting.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2

On 4/11/2020 at 10:34 AM, johant123 said:

When you write a topic, and you want to edit it immediately (e.g. for correcting spelling errors) you get a warning that you must wait longer before creating a new post. That is strange, because you're not writing a new message, but you're editing a post that already exists.

Not sure if the current "pause between posts" mechanism can be easily adapted, but it would be great if we could edit our posts without having to wait until the pause timer expires.

I saw that one or two times but I dont see problem in that.

When you write a topic it's necessary to check whole topic again before you publish, I do that for posts too it's not big deal and I dont see problem that you must to wait to edit your topic.

Like for posts, you must to wait to make another one and for topics is same.

Point is that is because of spamming and that somehow secure that spammers can not publish posts/topics in a row.

• +2 2
  • +3 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

I did so never contend with this trouble for the reason that I did so never update this issue just after crafting them, nonetheless, There's no doubt that this occasion is fine so that they can present the united states plenty of to read simple things the topic just as before plus suitable a blunder.

• +2 1

This is contrary to my experience so far being in this forum, I'm also writing topics and it has to take me to correct some unavoidable errors, such as typographical errors, tautolgy and others.

But when it comes to point of re-submittion its doesn't take me, much time more than the regular, normal time intervals of the forum.

• +1 1

I had same experience with that problem I find it difficult to edit a topic or post especially if I wrote long characters it takes time and focused to check any mistakes might not corrected

• +1 2

I do believe that is typical my buddy

Due to the fact server will need now

To incorporate the change around the submit

This kind of will take merely 3 moments you can forget.  

• +1 1

On 11.04.2020 at 13:34, johant123 said:

i don't think so, maybe it's your own problem, i have an easy decision, i don't make topics)

Many members also experience such difficulty in editing their topics, but I think so we can avoid such delay by reading our topic twice or thrice before submitting it.

I had spelling mistake too.But i didn't face any timer issue.I guess its fixed now. Don't know.But if that happens to me in future this prbolem should be considered by the admins and moderators.Spelling mistake  is a common mistake.Besides many of this forum don't know english much.But they want to earn money.So this problem should be considered.

Maybe it's because the server tells you as a new message, which it shouldn't be. This is something to raise with the administration and see if they can correct this, since wanting to edit a topic for any reason happens to everyone.

• +1 1

Yeah i also face this problem ! I think admin should solve this problem ! After posting a topic  it can't be 100% currect ! So we need to edit it fastly ! So it is irritating for us to wait for to edit

• +1 1

I think you are the only one who is facing this problem. As for me, I always change my topics and answers without waiting for some time, I try to communicate with the technical team to solve the problem.