What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy - Page 4 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy

1 hour ago, wilbertson said:

Here is the best solution, keep your coins in paper wallets and spread them to multiple wallets let say 0.01/wallet for 0.1 btc. It is safer this way. Paper wallets are my preferable cold wallets, because they are free.

That is a good solution too, so we don't have to afraid or worry if somehow, we lose that paper wallet because we still have the other paper wallet with the amount of bitcoin inside that wallet. But maybe we can take all of those wallets in one safe place so we don't have to confuse to think about where we can place all of the wallets. But the most important thing that we must do is never telling other people who we don't know so that people don't ask anything about our wallet. That will be dangerous is other people knows about bitcoin that we have.

1 hour ago, RoyJones said:

You can  do nothing in such situation. All you can to do is create new wallet and pass 2fa autententication. I heard hackers stole more then one billion dollars frm users

Which is why ita important to do those things beforehand and don't risk your coins being exposed to hackera as easy as hacking a Facebook account because your trading account is holding your hard work not just something you should leqve unguarded. 

On 10/17/2019 at 2:13 AM, xBDT Script said:

Say you have a bitcoin wallet and you have a printed copy with the seed. You stored in a safe deposit box and someday you discovered that the printed copy is not there with some other money you had there. I mean, someday you discovered that you someone stole everything from that deposit box. 

What will you do to get back your coins (assuming other things are not as much important as the coins you have)?

Let's share the idea of how we can see ourselves not to be a situation like this.

Then you should find who is the person that do that.  or announce to your city that you need the copy and not the money and you will rewards any person that give you information to find that.  I know people will not interested on that private key copy because they will not have idea of what that letters and numbers and If that is worth it to find. 

I will chace after him I guess 😅/ I will surely and I do have the copy backed up so if i notice aearly I wil move my coins to another wallet.

It appears i feel it depends on WHO or however the outlaw WHO took my textual matter, if non-tech folks and don't perceive crypto and different necessary knowledge i feel we have a tendency to don't ought to panic an excessive amount of however if it will perceive i feel we should always quickly send our assets if still holding the personal key within the cloud or elsewhere.

Of course, if that happens then you will have to check your wallet balance immediately. If the thief was ignorant that this is for seeds and the balance will be in place then I'll just put another wallet and transfer all his coins to him

On 12/3/2019 at 7:13 AM, aqua said:

That is a good solution too, so we don't have to afraid or worry if somehow, we lose that paper wallet because we still have the other paper wallet with the amount of bitcoin inside that wallet. But maybe we can take all of those wallets in one safe place so we don't have to confuse to think about where we can place all of the wallets. But the most important thing that we must do is never telling other people who we don't know so that people don't ask anything about our wallet. That will be dangerous is other people knows about bitcoin that we have.

I know they say that should keep your keys offline but i prefer storing them in a cloud storage.

What If really you think if any one do this with me and I just give them easy to get this done before you buy it for sell in the markets what you doing in this trade I mean it's not I try any think I call it a police 

11 hours ago, wilbertson said:

I know they say that should keep your keys offline but i prefer storing them in a cloud storage.

Storing in cloud storage is a good idea. Still, we don't know how secure that cloud storage even if they say that they can save the customer data for almost 100% and they guarantee that they will work in 24/7, I prefer to save it in my place because that will make me not to worry if the cloud storage somehow gets hacked. We cannot be sure that if one file is stored in the cloud storage will be saved for 100% because we heard that there are many cases about hacking or stealing the customer data. So we need to protect our data or our keys.

On 11/29/2019 at 3:34 PM, CryptoBoy20 said:

I can't do anything if I don't have other copy of my hard copy. I will learn a big lesson about that & next time will stay alert about that.

Well if you lost your hard copy and If you don't have your private keys or a 12-24 word pass phrase I hate to tell you, but, yup, your effed 

2 hours ago, aqua said:

Storing in cloud storage is a good idea. Still, we don't know how secure that cloud storage even if they say that they can save the customer data for almost 100% and they guarantee that they will work in 24/7, I prefer to save it in my place because that will make me not to worry if the cloud storage somehow gets hacked. We cannot be sure that if one file is stored in the cloud storage will be saved for 100% because we heard that there are many cases about hacking or stealing the customer data. So we need to protect our data or our keys.

Then you need to passwords protect your keys in zip folder before uploading online for more security.

• Useful or interesting 1

I think there is no way to get back all the asset. you can your best so you can go to the nearest police station. you should tell them details about your problem. I think they may help you.

Just gonna recommendation you to appoint duplicate impersonate instead of having one at what time you arrange two copies that channel you container operation the second item to assemble every part of your rites to an alternative wallet before the thief be converted into booming before me

Do you have any rescue, your rescue will be that you store you keys in different place if not your money are all gone with the hardware

In paper wallets, it will be pretty safe for me. but nevertheless, if someone steals coins, I do not think that I will receive them legally, since in my country cryptocurrencies are illegal in themselves. so that I can be detained for this Cryptotrade, which is not legal ... if I go and complain to the police or something else.)

I'm afraid that if this happens, the money from the wallet will be lost forever, so I do not store access keys in real life, only on a computer that does not have access to the Internet. (As a Notepad file)