Beware of malware software called ComboJack - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Jone20

Beware of malware software called ComboJack

Thank you for sharing this advertisement here to keep many members here to be attentive from those scammers applications and websites robot who are created specially to steal people money

i just give any crypto users a little advice that if you download lover and you also download files on torrent websites then you privacy is in very risky situation i just suggest you to use all your online wallet and other transactions on your mobile phone to avoid any malware attack or any hacking with your pc .

Great , I recently saw a Reddit post which was mainly talking about this. A person lost over $300 transacting to coinbase. account. He copied the address but didn't confirm the address and in the course the address was swap.to a different one where he sent to a different address. 

• +1 1

I want to know how this software is coming to our system. And how to understand whether it is there in . I am thinking about the developer of the software. Just think how cheap it is doing this. It is a pure theft and they must punished. The technique is very brilliant because the wallet address are too long and nobody bothers to type it .

• +2 1

I heard first time about this type of theft but i will aware of this and thank you for giving this information about how this digital currency are stolen and how their team works.

• -1 1

For this matter, you must stay away from all applications that are not authorized by official companies or all applications that carry different names or uses from other applications, and the most important thing is not to use any unofficial application and have the power to link with the account and access our information.

• +1 1

okay this is true show gratefulness you for this in succession it will help various right now at join and I continually enter my wallet signs physically and stop it various age before transport this thing is as a general rule exhausted yet I contract not to purloin

Yes, this method of fraud is considered one of the oldest methods, the address is changed after pasting it, so it is always necessary to look at the last 5 digits in the transfer address and save them well to ensure the transfer before confirming it.

• +2 1

Thank you very much for your information I do not know the software. Thank you for sharing this information and making us aware.

I have heard of a malware changing the addresses to the ones scammers own and so this is the name combojack. Thanks for this information. It serves us better to not follow any links or phising emails but make better judgement and stay safe from these.

• Useful or interesting 1

Scammers have created so many threats for us and if we haven't been scammed yet, we can consider ourselves lucky. Every day we read about something new that appeared, lately it was a phising ledger email that made a poor xrp investor lose one million coins.

• +1 1

On 3/16/2020 at 7:38 PM, Jone20 said:

ComboJack software designed for electronic theft, as it targets coins and digital wallets that modify the contents of memory, and replaces addresses in them with other addresses belonging to the authorities that developed them, enabling them to steal digital currencies and send them to their portfolio.

This method of theft depends on the victims' uncertainty of the address of the digital wallet to which the money is sent.

Therefore, you should always verify the address after pasting it in the place designated for the wallet address, preferably writing it manually.

Thank you for the information, will definitely be extra careful with the existence of such malware around, we can never be too careful with our investments.

I have seen that at some other places they say the same that the wallet addresses are changed by some virus so you need to double check when you are sending money to someone.

Good information although there are lots of malware stealing keys and sending them to scammers, we have to always be safe and perform scans using antivirus and antimalware to be safe, not download random software or applications and visit the legit sites.

• +2 1

On 3/16/2020 at 1:38 PM, Jone20 said:

Therefore, you should always verify the address after pasting it in the place designated for the wallet address, preferably writing it manually.

Thank you very much for this suggestion, I will follow it and I will verify the wallet address when pasting letter by letter, or perhaps I can verify it using the last five only, it could help too, but I'm not going to start typing the address on my own, I would obviously make mistakes then and the crypto will be send to a wrong place.

it is strange for me how can up virus change the address of the cryptocurrency and how it sends the money to the person who send you the virus it is strange for me but still if it is so we should be careful of it.

Be always on the look because there are so many that happen and we don't know half of these scams and malware, this one is very dangerous and I have read reports from too many people getting scammed and having money send to other addresses.

• +1 1

I didn't know it was named combojack, it is something that most people should have read by now or seen videos of how it works as it changes the copied address in the clipboard to one that belongs to the hackers and the user if doesn't confirm again the address before sending the crypto, they go to and address belonging to the hacker.

• +1 1

On 3/16/2020 at 7:38 AM, Jone20 said:

ComboJack software designed for electronic theft, as it targets coins and digital wallets that modify the contents of memory, and replaces addresses in them with other addresses belonging to the authorities that developed them, enabling them to steal digital currencies and send them to their portfolio.

This method of theft depends on the victims' uncertainty of the address of the digital wallet to which the money is sent.

ComboJack uses a Windows 10 exploit which was patched during September 2017 by Microsoft, so keeping your computer always updated is a great way to be protected from this and many other malware programs. Not responding and/or opening emails from unknown sources is also a good way to be protected from ComboJack and similar programs. You should always double check your wallet address before making transactions...

• +3 1

We should be very careful about writing te address in any crypto exchange. But first of all we must not allow any of these type of software to have access to our wallet.

• +4 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

Cobojack is very dangerous malware. I saw the alerts about this malware in some news report. Friends please be careful because scammers are very active now. They hack our device system to steal crypto.

We should beware of all malware, they are all created to be threats to our security. This one changes the addresses, another one steals private keys, there are more that can make a mess with our desktops and can give control to attackers so beware and always have your system secure. You need to learn to do this anyway if you are in crypto.

Yes, it is true, my device has been infected in the past with this dangerous virus, it infects the Windows clipboard and monitors any wallet address that is pasted into the wallet and replaces it with an address belonging to the virus programmer, so if you do not pay attention to the address, you will lose all your money that you send. The address is correct.
Writing the address manually is somewhat difficult, but you can check the address twice before sending and make sure that it matches, and if you find the address does not match, this means that your device is infected with the virus and you have to download an antivirus program and clean the device.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

Electronic theft is a big problem because we are the targets the user of the electronic device that we are use to control the fund in our wallets and the crypto in our address. I am concern with this that i am read and we are need to learn more about security for computers and not make the mistake to be fool by malware to send to fake address our crypto.

• +2 1

Thanks a lot for the service you are making with this post. We have to remind to always take a look again at the sending address. We also need to be aware of all of this malware and not download too many apps without confirming their validity, or extensions in the browser that we can't trust 100%.

• +2 1