Two Chinese Nationals Charged with Hacking Cryptocurrency Exchange And Stealing Over 100,000,000$ ! - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Bohana

Two Chinese Nationals Charged with Hacking Cryptocurrency Exchange And Stealing Over 100,000,000$ !

This is a good news because they have been caught, stealing 100,000,000 dollars is a very large amount and it would be a very big lose which could affect price for bitcoin, but the good news its because their plans failed.

• +3 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

On 5/1/2020 at 1:22 PM, teminalibug said:

So the coins are already stolen!!?? exchanges! i have no idea why people keep trusting exchanges will all their money with all these hacking news daily??!!??!!

In order to be aware of you, the platforms are always at risk and theft of money. This is known for years. The question is if there are no platforms where will your currencies be traded?

• +2 1

They hack a big exchange that they make this huge amount of money and like this so many other exchanges are also hacked and they are completely closed. Now this time the exchanges need to increase their security and then peoples will trust on that becasue so many peoples now hold their coins in the wallet.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

That the history of crypto is full of stories and events in which platforms and sites have been hacked and user accounts stolen but the platforms have gotten caught up and protect accounts and databases, But now they resort to deception, such as the recent incident on Twitter and through scams.

Well small exchange are big exchange its matter first they provide strong security for their exchange, because hackers always try to hack exchange, if they found any week security exchange then this type of hacks happens, but in this hack one think is good hackers caught by police and recover the stolen funds, because 100,000,000, not a Small amount.

• +1 1

It depends on how much they steal and where is that bitcoin right now. If they manage to steal a large number if assets and somehow manage to take it to the exchange then there is a chance that this can affect the market. Also if its a big amount then this news will cause panic in the market and many traders will sell their holding in a hurry which can cause a downtrend. So please provide more information regarding these news.

• Useful or interesting 1

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■     PEER-TO-PEER MULTI-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM     ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━    Free TON    ━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━

|► DECLARATION OF DECENTRALIZATION |   FORUM   |   TON SURF   |► BECOME AN AMBASSADOR |

To be honest, this is a very funny situation! Many do not think about the fact that they can easily compute. I mean, you've probably heard about the Twitter hack? So, the hackers were caught because they hurried and gave out their funds, a large amount of money! I think this is completely wrong. And many on this fall.

• +1 1

This is very sad news and very pathetic, but the good news part of this situation is, they were caught and charged in court. It's a wonderful, marvelous and effective attempt taken to tackle or curb the increasing rate of scammers, hackers in the world of crypto currencies system to the barest level.

• +1 1

On 3/13/2020 at 5:29 PM, Bohana said:

Hello my friends. This is very interesting news. China, which is the top controller and handler of Bitcoin, has caught two nationals stealing from cryptocurrency exchanges. These two were blocked and reported to OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control). How do you think this might gave an effect on Bitcoin's price?

Source The-Blockchain

There are many talented people in China in terms of information technology. Including hackers. It will be funny if all this turns out to be a mistake of some administrator who accidentally transferred money to another wallet

We have seen many crypto hacks and some affect the price and other do not. We can not know if a small hack will affect alone the price of the bitcoin but a very big one will do that and I am learn that the hack of an very old exchange called mtgox made the price go down for two years.

• +2 1

I don't click links so it will be better if you make a better post and tell us some more than only this, maybe tell us which crypto exchange they are accused of hacking. 100 million is important but not enough to affect the prices so it will not impact at all maybe 1% or less.

I do not think that such news will affect the price of Bitcoin anymore, as we have seen in the last stage, Bitcoin has become mature and that asset that fluctuates 50% every month is no longer, very important news related to country policies and the economy can affect the price of Bitcoin.

Beyond everything, I think as you do that this does not affect the price of bitcoin, it is far above that, if I think it should be a wake-up call for us and be more careful in which exchange we operate.

Basically these two Chinese citizens are accused of laundering crypto that had been stolen by the North Korean hackers "The Lazarus Group". I think Chinese government should strictly treat against that criminals

Actually I don't know about honesty but I think if anyone cheats on these sites then he should be punished and urgent action should be taken in this regard. So that no one can ever commit such fraud again and we all need to be careful about this in cryptocurrency.

The capture of criminals that own Bitcoin perhaps means that these Bitcoins will be dormant for years as if they are seized it will take time to be given back to the exchanges, if China doesn't keep them. It is good they captured them though.

• +1 1

I do not think that this will have any impact on the price of Bitcoin, especially since the thieves have been arrested, but in general if 100 billion dollars were stolen from a bank in a country in the world, will this affect the price of the dollar? Certainly not, and also here the same, stealing a large amount of Bitcoin will not affect the Bitcoin price.

This news said that they were laundering the money. They were not the thieves but it was probably the Lazarus group that is famous hacking group coming from North Korea. It is very early news but the problem with the thefts comes with sell pressure these people create for Bitcoin as they try to liquidate the hacked bitcoin into bank accounts.

• +3 1

We are very happy they get caught, they would have caused another disaster to BTC price again, these hackers are out there just finding any possible loophole to breakthrough into an exchange. Whenever they succeed, they almost empty the exchange, thanks to the security personnel that apprehend these guys.

On 3/13/2020 at 9:29 PM, Bohana said:

How do you think this might gave an effect on Bitcoin's price?

Well, i think it has no impact in terms of price of bitcoin because in this time, bitcoin reaches the $10000 and i think the altcoins are being dropped when this hacking happened.

Sometimes hacked and stolen Bitcoins are seized by governments. They arrested and charged two people connecting with laundering stolen Bitcoins but I don't know if they seized these funds. It is old news anyway but perhaps this Bitcoin has now being blocked from selling and price will have less sales when these happens, so othersellers will ask for higher prices.

• +3 1

I didn't know this happened, it wasn't a lot in the news and perhaps helped with reduced selling by the hackers. China can sell these coins perhaps. It would be interesting to know how many Bitcoins governments have seized and hold today. It can be a big factor contributing to price rise of Bitcoin.

[delete please, I posted again above, I thought there will be merge of comments]

Edited by percare
mistake