What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet? - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet?

In cryptocurrency and blockchain world it is very possible for something like that to happen. Maybe the person sending has wrongly copy your number and forwarded the coin to you. In the case like this it is very difficult to locate the person that sent the money to you. If you can locate the person it is best your forward the coin back to the owner because that could be his sweat. You can forward it back to the account that sent the coin to you. I think that is what I will do.

This is your luck, if someone mistakenly sent you the coins the y want to transfer. You do not have to do something , this is by chance and you are lucky enough to get the opportunity of having free coins from stranger!

6 minutes ago, Sirius101 said:

This happens and the mistake of others is your to kept but if you can return it then it would be better since you dont know he might be needing this money for some important matters.

If the transfer is made from an address starts with 1 then resend it to the same address if its 3 then no chance for a refund it might end up to a different person.

Yes you are right i am agree whit you but then matters how when we can not sent it back because the chance to small for sending it back . 

In my opinions it still can be used good if we really cars about it we can donated thats coins caused i see Yobit have that feature might others also have it.

I know this thing is very rare to happen, but if ever this happen to me that someone accidentally send bitcoin or any currency reaches my wallet. I will check his wallet if I see that wallet is holding big amount of money I will keep it. but if I check the wallet that is less value of money then I will send it back. 

4 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Did it happen to you before a deposit arrived in your wallet by chance and did not know who sent this coin?
Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late.
What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?
Or will you return the coin to the address it came from?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.
First, technically, could such a mistake occur?

Second: From the moral point of view, what do you do in this case?
I want to know your opinions

There is no point of returning the coins accidentally sent to your wallet address. Treat it as a lucky day for you. As neither would the owner of the coins know you or you know him. It is impposible and untraceable. Even if you return it by sending it back to the wallet address it came for , don't expect a "thank you" from that person as communication are not supported . It's your lucky day take it .you can't be a saint in crytpo world.

First I think its not possible anyone deposit  any amount in my wallet address. Its impossible. If really happened this then i want to back his money honestly.    

Did it happen to you before a deposit arrived in your wallet by chance and did not know who sent this coin?
Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late.
What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.

The decision will always be upon you but if it will happen to me then there is a big chance that I will return it to the owner especially if it is a big amount as we will not know where they are going to use the money for. Because if it will be use for emergency cases then it will be my guilt if someone will die because of my greediness. 

In case a coin accidentally actually reaches my own finances, I am going to utilize each of an individual money within my finances and also continue to be these inside inventory, and also with just what moment the particular promote payment of the money boosts, My partner and i sustain make resources simply by investing these, and you also include to adopt endurance to the, In the event you notice never to hold the endurance you may nonsense these kinds of money.

If I accidentally received and coin from unknown wallet without any reasons. Then I must back that coin obviously because I know If someone accidentally send others wallet. It was happened with me about one years ago.That time I was very disappointed.              

If someone sent me coin accidently in my adress . I seen sent adress and return him . I will return the sender . Says thanks 

What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you.

If a currency goes wrong in my wallet then I have nothing to do, but if the wrong currency's owner contacts me, or if I get his address, I will try to return the currency that has arrived.

You should give it back to the sender address but before that make sure where it is came from, sometimes coins come from different airdrop which you did in 4/5 months ago and forget about it. So keep updated about yor airdrop and bounties also.  

If I get coins suddenly and even so many. So I see from a moral point of view that this is not good for us to take, because this is not our right. It's good we return it, just imagine if we are in his position. And when viewed from a legal point of view, we cannot be subject to a law, because this coin is a misplaced coin and we don't know anything.

What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet? I have nothing to do, if the transaction is tracked maybe I can see who sent me this this coins to return them, so right now nothing is tracking, so will convert to my coins.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

If a coin gets to my pockets by mistake, i'm able to return it to the sender and look forward to him to reward me for returning it, because I positioned myself within the equal situation. that could be very sad.

6 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

First it could not happen because how he could get my wallet address if by mistake he is edited the address but with editing one word or digit of address he would not get my address because wallet addresses are too long. And every  address is too much different from other. Second if I get any amount from someone I would return him. Because I know the pain of losing money. My conscience do not allow me to use others money.

i will send 80% balance to sending balance and 20% for me.

because it can be a gift for me also. but if the sender have send wrong then he will happy with 80%.

It's depends sometime my ethereum address was receive unknown token from another address that i didn't even know what is that maybe airdrop if so i will hold or sell it but if people that accidentally send wrong to my address if they ask me with requirement i will return it.

I am very new in crypto world and I not got any crypto coin to my wallet accidentally if I got any coin mistakenly , I will send the real people who send me the coin mistakenly.

Yes, such mistake could happen, either theuly put the wrong address by accident or there's something different with the address they put, like one of the address numbers is wrong and they didn't realized and it happened tp reached you. Some people will keep it and some will send them back, but even if you keep it, they won't know who the owners of the other wallet. So, choose the right thing.

If a coin inadvertently reaches my wallet, I will management every of people coins in my wallet and go on on them in stock, and at pardon? time the vend fee of these coins increases, I keep earn funds by trading them, and you comprise to beget patience for that,  If you appreciate to not regard the patience you will drivel these coins.

Helow, Good day! If a coin accidentally reaches my wallet, I will think of it as a blessing, because earning coin takes a lot of time and effort. thanks you and have a nice day!

Hello my friend Really important topic, I sent the wrong address $ 33 and unfortunately I didn't realize it until it was too late, Of course, if you encounter such a situation, I will return it to the sender's address because mistakes are inevitable and God will reward me for that.

If i ever get so lucky that a coin accidentally fall in my wallet, to be honest, my first preference will be to return the coin to the rightful owner.

Technically, there is nothing we can do about it because cryptocurrency is the world of anonymity and even public blockchains only let you see wallet balances and transactions. You can't even see exactly which address sent you the money. There is no way you can find the personal information (such as name or address) of the one who sent crypto accidentally to your wallet. If it was a fiat account, you could trace it and find the sender but as far as I know, this thing is impossible with crypto wallets.