The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

As i a beginner , i was very confused when i first heard the words coin and token. Now i am all cleared because of the information you have given through this forum. I am very happy that i joined this forum as i am gaining much knowledge about crypto world and i hope in future  this forum continue to give us this knowledge.

• +2 1

Hey mate, thank you so much for sharing this information. I didn't know the difference between coins and tokens before but now I know. Thanks again.

• +1 1

On 1/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

In my point of view I can say that coin has it's own blockcahin network. And the otherside token is created under a blockhain network. And it's run through smart contract.

• +4 1

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

Ohhhh thank you for this, i really dont know what is the difference between this two. I thought it is just the same. Thank you for the information. Really helpful for a member like me.

• +1 1

Hello there

This is very helpful topic, i got some information from here, i join here last 10 day, but still i have lot confusion about coin and token, I need learn more.

Thank you

• +1 1

There is a huge difference between coins and tokens and I don't know much about the the tokens but crypto coins are much helpful for anything like doing trading investing etc.

• +1 1

Hello brother i know about them a little bit but you make them more clear thanks for sharing this improtant information with us i am very thankful to you before your post i only know that the tokens are some sort of things that are counverted into money but now i know about blockchains and many more stuff. 

11 hours ago, Ricardo Walker said:

There is a huge difference between coins and tokens and I don't know much about the the tokens but crypto coins are much helpful for anything like doing trading investing etc.

Lol! So your point want to tell us tokens cannot be using in trading and investing? So can you please give use the usefully if tokens into the cryptoworld?

Easily is a token is a coin that uses other platform infrastructure such as erc20 ethereum or waves, then if a coin is using its own platform for example bitcoin.

14 hours ago, Lubruselu said:

Lol! So your point want to tell us tokens cannot be using in trading and investing? So can you please give use the usefully if tokens into the cryptoworld?

Many of people are thinking that's cryptocurrencies and tokens are not the same in use, but they have to know that's tokens are always be temporarily projects

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

Its a new thing to learn .post like this helps us to know more about the crypto .i didn't know about the difference between coin and token, you're post help me to learn . 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Thats really good information for us. I haven't have this information before see your post. Now i know difference between token and coin.

Welp, thanks for the explaining the difference of those two. What I know so far that coin and token are two different things, because a coin can be mined and also use their own blockchain while token usually using other token smart contract such as Eth, or wave I believe. So, thank you for this information. 

Talking about erc20 tokens they are child blocks created from the main blocks if ethereum blockchain. So the basic difference between a coin and token is that a cryptocurrency coin has its own blockchain but a token is developed upon existing blockchain of popular currency.

468x60-3.png

Nice and useful information to share friend. Really thank you for this i was totally confused in these two terms however still I am not complete expert on differentiating coins and tokens but through this post I got a basic information. 

When i first joined cryptotalk i searched for knowing the different between cryptocoin and token. But by using your post i learned the difference between this two things. Thanks a lot man for making the valuable post.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

First what is a coin?

What is a token?

Yes this is true that coins have their  own blocochain  guys.

Thank you for providing this explanation All digital monies now were symbols and their prices were very low in the beginning, so it is possible that the symbols that are now will become important and high-priced currencies in the years to come.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Thank you for explaining the meaning in a simple manner. It is not doubt very useful information gor all the newbies. Even I had little confusion now it all cleared.

In short, Coin is independent while Token are dependent.