The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 6 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

In addition, the cryptocurrency does not need a platform, while the symbol needs a platform, and this is because the blond currency is independent, unlike symbols

On 1/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

I think coin price is better than token.that's why i'm always like to collect coin.i khow many good information from your post.thanks for make this post mate.  

Some more coins and tokens are not tied to the exchange rate of the value of bitcoin and thus cannot affect the exchange rate. This means that the price of the coin does not change or increase, but stands still. There is no point in approaching such coins and buying them. 

That's really good explanation. I mean i know some details but don't know that much details. Now i have a proper idea that what is the main difference between token and bitcoin in crypto currency. Thanks for sharing..

On 1/26/2020 at 7:05 PM, Benjamin said:

Well, now i know what is the difference of this two because im literally know that this two are the same because the tokens are the new released coin that has no value yet in the market but once this coin having some value, it will be a coin soonest, thanks for this to be enlighten me that this two are different to each other.

Yes you are right iam agreed with you thanx for sharing your knowledge and information all newbies can easily understand your usefull and helpfully comment.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Coin- when any coin released their team create its own technology like bitcoin, ethereum, ontology

Token-when any token released their team create someone's blockchain like ethereum's blockchain 

coin are the currency which is used for buying and selling of things, you can buy token with coin ,but not vice versa, coin operates independently while token has specific use in the projects ecosystems, 

you have posted this content in a very good way every member can easily get your content and they can relate to their thinking because you have explain date in brief that's a good thing you have taken a step to help the other members also I want to mention I don't have much idea about token so I will prefer to go for the other members what they are thinking about your content that will be more beneficial to me to get some idea about the tokens.

Thanks for sharing the important info about the token and a coin i am also confuse about it so i am really very thankful to you about the post and it will be helpful to all members..

Thank you...

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

First what is a coin?

What is a token?

Thanks for sharing this helpful information with us. We are beginners and improving our knowledge about that forum. Now i have gotten about it. 

On 1/30/2020 at 12:43 AM, abdullah mohmmad said:

Good explanation, my friend
This issue is important for distinguishing between currencies and symbols good for beginners so that they can know the simple details on the subject of encryption

You're right mate, at first, its hard to think if what is the difference of token with in a cryptocurrency coin, by the help of this thread, we are now knowing the difference from this two, happy posting. 

Hello friend hack coins and tokens is separating it from the original that I can use and inserting is to buy with coins on the go.

Cryptocurrencies are systems that operate within their own networks through their own block chains, but Tokens are operated and functioning chains that work under these coins.

4 hours ago, plumsapxa said:

Tokens are basically allowed by ICOs

Well, this tokens are being named as a token when this is freshly released from the market, this will be going a coin in the next few months because they are called it token because this is like an token literally.

The definition of a digital coin is an asset that is native to its own blockchain. Think about Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Ether. Each of these coins exists on their own blockchain.

So, to make this a little clearer:

Bitcoin operates and functions on the Bitcoin blockchain.

Coin operates independently, while token has a specific use in the project's ecosystem.

This is the first time I heard about tokens and coins previously I thought that both are same but now I can see the difference so thank you to everyone for comments.

On 1/26/2020 at 7:12 PM, Mandoy01 said:

There are more difference than just one, that you mentioned, like you can buy tokens with coins, but not vice versa.

Coins can be different types like utility coins or system coins etc, while tokens may represent shares in a company. Coins can be used to buying and selling different things, but tokens cannot. 

On 1/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

First what is a coin?

What is a token?

I will share with you about what i knew. In my point of view a coin has it's own blockchain network and it's has also it's own wallet. But tokens created under another blockchain network and they use others platform wallet.

This topic has been discussed many time, coin is the basic unit of currency and token are sub units to measure main units. I also need more explanation about that.

I know those tho well.The main different with coin and token is, A coin they have their own blockchain. For example Bitcoin, Ethereum and lite coin. But for token they don't have own blockchain. Token deploy on using other blockchain. Most of token use Ethereum blockchain for deploy token. They called erc20 token. Example OmiseGO is erc20 token. It's build on ethereum blockchain.

I'm really very confused about differences between coin and tokens.I don't know much about it.But working here,I earn bitcoins.so that's a really good feelings.  

There are differences between the currency and the token. So the currency is basically a cryptocurrency but the token is not a complete cryptocurrency.

Thank you very much. I used to think the symbols are only three letters used to abbreviate the long name for the currency, but now I have a very clear idea about the difference between the currency and the symbol. I will write this information in my crypto notes.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Thank you for the information regarding tokens and coins. I also addressed a similar topic like this yesterday. it is due to this difference that i feel that token are much more volatile than coins and are even riskier investments, as they can lose their value quickly and become dead coins.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

Yes, Your Topic is Very Good and will be Very helpful for All types member. Thanks for sharing your Experience and Knowledge with us on through CryptoTalk Forum.