Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these? - Page 6 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dentolas

Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these?

8 hours ago, Summi said:

Yes that is why we see that they don't have use because we are not the one using them for any transaction what we like the most is the top coins.

But overtime people will notice this privacy coin and it will serve as a good moment for everyone to have an anonymous coin which is very safe to used

not announcing that everyone desires to get all their transactions non-public, or cover the whole thing away, however one should have the proper to pick out what have to remain private... up till now human beings in which hiding bills underneath their matresses, or sending money to nations in which monetary privacy is included... privacy coins can fill this hole

3 hours ago, huyasdad08 said:

I really think privacy is a good thing because they offer a much better privacy option. I don't have much idea about privacy and privacy.

Without privacy we aren't safe in cryptocurrency and this privacy coins are not recognize in cryptocurrency and that lead for their delisting too because it is anonymous

Sincerely I dont understand well how we talk about the the coins privacy, if the cryptocurrency transaction are all anonymous, so is indirect with privacy, who can know who send or received? So I think our privacy is not at risk!

• +2 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

When I read about privacy coins, something comes to my mind. As you know, bitcoin is using an open-source (public) blockchain system as apposed to Monero which is using a private network. I thought about using bitcoin in the same way that people use privacy coins but is it possible to send bitcoin in a private network? I searched about it on the web but didn't find any practical solutions. I want to have the security of bitcoin network and the privacy of Monero network at the same time. It is said that Monero is not traceable. This is a good feature that should be added to bitcoin. The only problem with a fully private bitcoin network is that we can't monitor whales' activities on the network.

Privacy coins are good for secure transaction and also that is untraceable for any kinds of scammers.  A user will choose always privacy coins as it is anonymous and good for current tradings. The main purpose of its is to hide our secure information and giving us the maximum safe trading experience.  So this is quite effective for all the users. 

On 4/15/2020 at 4:47 AM, gordoncrypto said:

Privacy coins are an important element of the crypto world, but they are going to be under attack from regulators so they may have a rough road ahead.

Privacy coins are very worthy for investment and it will serve as an anonymous system for everyone to partake in it, this will give us a good opportunity to hold it

It is not necessary that the private currencies be for illegal activities because privacy means keeping our transactions from monitoring hackers and scammers who may track our transactions with the intent to steal so we need privacy

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

12 hours ago, halloweed said:

I like them too, but then why would anybody want to hide his assets if not for illegal purposes, i think bitcoin gives us enough privacy we do not need to hide in privacy coins.

Some people don't want anyone to know their exact balance of their assets and that make it difficult for anyone to trace their coin, while bitcoin will show the exact amount you have and this will bring hackers to your wallet

I think that on the creation of privacy coins,as there's this thing which whales really want their assets not being disclosed in the open world, as basically having to have funds in this kind of privacy coins like the zcash, everybody keeps their assets value secret to the world, than public coins like bitcoins

The transactions between two Bitcoin vallets are not anonymous, so mixers are usually used to overcome this, but lately they are not so secure. So this. it is better to use anonymous altcoins as monero to maintain a good degree of privacy in my opinion they will always be current and useful

On 4/13/2020 at 3:53 PM, tienda said:

Sincerely I dont understand well how we talk about the the coins privacy, if the cryptocurrency transaction are all anonymous, so is indirect with privacy, who can know who send or received? So I think our privacy is not at risk!

Bitcoin transaction details and wallet balance can be seen by using public deposit address but for privacy coins,origin of transactions and wallet balance will be completely protected to let users to remain anonymous. Zcash, XMR are some examples. 

On 10/6/2019 at 2:35 PM, hexwin said:

We do need privacy coins, but we can also use privacy based wallets for Bitcoin.

This is alternative way to make transactions private for Bitcoin also.

that's absolutely true privacy coins are very important in cryptocurrency market we have to use that kind of cryptocurrency wallet which provides you high privacy in their wallet because privacy is very important

On 10/6/2019 at 5:05 PM, hexwin said:

We do need privacy coins, but we can also use privacy based wallets for Bitcoin.

This is alternative way to make transactions private for Bitcoin also.

Yes I agree with this. Privacy is a must, our transactions must be private for us to be safe. If you would ask me, I would surely support privacy coin. Bitcoin is a virtual money so it is easy to be scammed that is why everyone really needs privacy.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, dentolas said:

A lot of people say that privacy coins are meant for illegal activities and that we don't really need them as persons that seek privacy are the ones with something to hide.

I think that we should be able to choose the level of anonimity and privacy of our finance. Does this make me a dark lord exchanging diamonds? well, those guys have been using printed money for ages... and isn't printed money anonymous?

For those with nothing to hide, Facebook supporters, etc... why don't you broadcast all your passwords online? oh... privacy issues....

BTC does not fullfill this goal, and even privacy coins still show holes and keep evolving with the recent introdution of the first non-BTC-based MimbleWimble coins...

To me, this is an interesting subject that most times remain undiscussed... humanity valued it's privacy in the past, and with the digital age we are forgetting about it... the problem is that privacy is one of the things that helps us to grow as individuals

Well, there are many points of view on this, so I would like to see yours 🙂

I agree with you, the point is that statements about the use of privacy coins in illegal activities mainly come from bankers, for whom the existence of these coins is extremely unprofitable

On 06.10.2019 at 11:59, dentolas said:

A lot of people say that privacy coins are meant for illegal activities and that we don't really need them as persons that seek privacy are the ones with something to hide.

I think that we should be able to choose the level of anonimity and privacy of our finance. Does this make me a dark lord exchanging diamonds? well, those guys have been using printed money for ages... and isn't printed money anonymous?

For those with nothing to hide, Facebook supporters, etc... why don't you broadcast all your passwords online? oh... privacy issues....

BTC does not fullfill this goal, and even privacy coins still show holes and keep evolving with the recent introdution of the first non-BTC-based MimbleWimble coins...

To me, this is an interesting subject that most times remain undiscussed... humanity valued it's privacy in the past, and with the digital age we are forgetting about it... the problem is that privacy is one of the things that helps us to grow as individuals

The problem of anonymity in our time has become a universal problem. Internet, messengers, digital technologies, road cameras, video recorders, phones, cameras, websites.. this list can be continued indefinitely. Yandex collects all information about us through the phone speakers and every search query, offering the product or service that we need. This is a very important topic for discussion, because we can say that this is our anonymity and security. It's like being inside a room with four walls, no Windows, no doors, where there are cameras and nothing else. You are like a Guinea pig, a victim who is tested on various developments. It's sad.

• +1 1

We went from physical currency only to a digital world with more transparency. I believe in transparency and a currency with a locked supply.

why do you really need to hide transactions, if not for illegal activity?
Is the use case for anonymity strong enough to outweight the sideeffects?

On 8/16/2020 at 12:40 PM, Abuyaman said:

I have heard that privacy coins cannot be traced, but again, I do not understand what is meant cannot be traced, is not bitcoin also not traceable who sends and receives coin, so, can friends explain about the advantages of privacy coins like xmr and zec.

it means that the transactions cant be traced back to an address and lead to figuring out where it was sent from, bitcoin transaction are actually traceable, so thats why we need privacy coins.

• +1 1

The first thing to understand is that privacy coins represent a fundamentally different type of digital currency than traditional cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. With privacy coins, for example, users have complete anonymity, and there is no way for regulators or law enforcement officials to track the flow of these coins. In contrast, with a non-privacy-focused cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin, user identity might be anonymous, but it is still possible to track financial transactions to a particular block on the Bitcoin blockchain, and from there, to use other personal information to make inferences about identity.

5 hours ago, HeMAN said:

Why do we need a privacy coins. You can invest to  buy a privacy wallet for you bitcoin and keep your transaction safe and secure. and trade your bitcoin in various crypto currencies at crypto exchanges

Yes, but there is still a problem: every transaction in chain could be identified, even when you're using different exchanges, mixers (most of them are just a scam). So appearing new privacy coin would be nice, but I can't even imagine the creation of totally private coin

On 06.10.2019 at 15:59, dentolas said:

I thinks that privacy coins are good for the crypto community. And the fact that they can be used for illegal activities is just absurd. For those who don't know the number one instrument which is used for all the illegal activities is cash! So let's forbid cash, shall we?) Non sense. The same with anonymous crypto. It's obvious that it will be used illegally but it's not the problem of crypto itself but the people who use it....

Strongly agree that we need privacy, why should others control something that is yours? because the great hierarchies must know your movements? Maintaining privacy does not make you dark. also the less they know about you the better. and that regrettably will never happen, we are exposed first of all, the whole internet knows our movements, even a person at home can know what you did and what not.

We resort to cryptocurrencies and move away from real currencies due to the low fees and the possibility of obtaining them through mining or from the faucets assigned to them.

of course you need privacy remember when you buy online everyone can find out about your tastes, your frequent places, your recurring purchases, everything. With cryptocurrencies you can get a little more privacy and feel safe that you do not know what you are doing at all times.