Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these? - Page 3 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dentolas

Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these?

I think all cryptocurrencies should be anonymous, because it spoils the whole essence of creating a cryptocurrency, and therefore I think that privacy should still be respected. But some States are already trying to embed the identification of personal wallets.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, dentolas said:

A lot of people say that privacy coins are meant for illegal activities and that we don't really need them as persons that seek privacy are the ones with something to hide.

I think that we should be able to choose the level of anonimity and privacy of our finance. Does this make me a dark lord exchanging diamonds? well, those guys have been using printed money for ages... and isn't printed money anonymous?

For those with nothing to hide, Facebook supporters, etc... why don't you broadcast all your passwords online? oh... privacy issues....

BTC does not fullfill this goal, and even privacy coins still show holes and keep evolving with the recent introdution of the first non-BTC-based MimbleWimble coins...

To me, this is an interesting subject that most times remain undiscussed... humanity valued it's privacy in the past, and with the digital age we are forgetting about it... the problem is that privacy is one of the things that helps us to grow as individuals

Well, there are many points of view on this, so I would like to see yours 🙂

Completely confidential payments will make it difficult for the state or the police to investigate a possible crime.  Since these crypto coins will also be used for illegal works, these crypto coins will prevent the development of crypto money technologies in the coming years.  I don't think we need this kind of crypto money.  Of course there will be those who need these crypto coins to hide dirty money flow or assets.

My main language is not English, sorry for if i made any mistake when i write a message.

Give me 💙 if my post is helpful

Thank you.

On 10/28/2019 at 12:48 PM, ashasanga said:

Well of all your point's i'm in love with this one, Bitcoin does not Limit or choose people we choose it and criminals just decided to choose crypto, plus we choose things because of their ability to simplify our job.

criminals didnt just choose crypto but they rather are the ones who started supporting bitcoin even before it was this popular, back when the daily volume traded was less than 10 million.

Right, only people with something to hide need privacy coins.  Yep, the government would love everyone to believe that.  Do you parade around your house naked in a glass house with all the shades up?  Nope.  You just don't want people to see your private business.  It's the same reason why some people prefer to pay for things with cash instead of a debit card.  They may not have anything to hide, but they value their privacy and don't want to be tracked.

Would you consent to having the government listen in on all of your phone calls?  I bet you wouldn't, even if your conversations were innocuous.  That's because we generally value our privacy.

So yes, there is a need for privacy coins and I think they're underused and underappreciated in the market.  But my guess is that will change over time.

Of course we need them!

Privacy coins are here to stay, those coins offer anonymity, so people can have freedom with the money they use every day!

Earn bitcoin Satoshis every hour, by doing click on the roll button. Make sure to enter your own bitcoin address! Register here:

http://bit.ly/2nYanIq

18 minutes ago, Binbillal007 said:

They are use in Illegal activities, there will be a time we will need them but not all the time. They are been misused

Nope they are not being miss used because this is exactly what they have been created for and for a long time they have been used for lots of illegal things on dark web and nothing we can do about it to stop this.

You have to ask yourself do you want everything about yourself to be public? Some things need to be private. Would you be comfortable sharing all this information about yourself and selling it to marketers? Don't you think that it's wrong that VISA takes all your information and sells it to other parties to profit on telling them information about you what you bought how much you spend? This information should be yours with money and not for banks and cards to profit off of. They are selling and profiting from your information, this is the bank, this is VISA, this is google, facebook, paypal. They don't give you any of the money they gained from selling your personal info, and anyone can buy this info. This is why you get bad emails and spam, this is why you get weird things in the physical mail targeting you. The truth is you can't trust corporations to securely hold your personal info so it gets hacked and leaked, and they aren't responsible. There are things everyone wants to keep private in their life. The world would break down if everything was public. A friend said to me he has nothing to hide, and I say would you want to share your debit or credit card number with everyone in the world to use?

1 hour ago, Binbillal007 said:

In such case they will not have the trust of the crypto community which will make them all to be useless and worthless coin

You think monero and zcash will be useless because the crypto community don't like these coins anymore? Lol thats funny.

Those coins are widely used by other communities and they are not affected by those other communities because they will still be used in dark web.

These coins are needed to insure total privacy on transaction, it helps people who like s to stay extremely anonymous, forexaple, maybe Nakamoto is still alive and is not using bitcoin a=but another coin that is more privacy, so as to keep his identity hidden.

15 hours ago, Binbillal007 said:

They will be worthless if they don't have love. What will be the use of it. The love for them is reducing, they are getting delisted from exchange

the "love" is not going away because there are many people who still use it and if you been in the dark web you would see for yourself its still pretty much used there and exchanges are delisting it because of regulations not because people lost interest in these coins..

I think it is necessary for individuals like us, it brings more safety and confidence to market participants, it will create more confidence for players.

Privacy is one of the most important things for people, and this talk is not true that who loves to have privacy away from the eyes of people is doing something illegal, this is an empty argument used by those who hate bitcoin and cryptocurrencies until they continue to reject them.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:59 PM, dentolas said:

A lot of people say that privacy coins are meant for illegal activities and that we don't really need them as persons that seek privacy are the ones with something to hide.

I think that we should be able to choose the level of anonimity and privacy of our finance. Does this make me a dark lord exchanging diamonds? well, those guys have been using printed money for ages... and isn't printed money anonymous?

For those with nothing to hide, Facebook supporters, etc... why don't you broadcast all your passwords online? oh... privacy issues....

BTC does not fullfill this goal, and even privacy coins still show holes and keep evolving with the recent introdution of the first non-BTC-based MimbleWimble coins...

To me, this is an interesting subject that most times remain undiscussed... humanity valued it's privacy in the past, and with the digital age we are forgetting about it... the problem is that privacy is one of the things that helps us to grow as individuals

Well, there are many points of view on this, so I would like to see yours 🙂

Not just a single privacy coin is used for the illegal activities al the crypto coins are used for the illegal activities and this is not the crypto market issue it depend on using purpose and i think we need to just clear that every type of money will be used for bad and also for good things.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 12/12/2019 at 6:52 PM, guatazoo said:

These coins are needed to insure total privacy on transaction, it helps people who like s to stay extremely anonymous, forexaple, maybe Nakamoto is still alive and is not using bitcoin a=but another coin that is more privacy, so as to keep his identity hidden.

i think yea we need those privacy coins and they are never going away because a lot of people are using them but i dont think satoshi will give up all his bitcoin and turn into privacy coins.

On 12/14/2019 at 8:51 AM, hasdasdaw07 said:

Its privacy currency is anonymous and inaccessible to those who wish to hide transactions, and it can be used for illegal activities,...

every coin can be used for illegal activity whether its actual dollars and pound or if its crypto but those privacy coin makes it harder to actually trace the transaction back to those senders.

5 hours ago, Naga said:

i think yea we need those privacy coins and they are never going away because a lot of people are using them but i dont think satoshi will give up all his bitcoin and turn into privacy coins.

He did not give up on his bitcoin, if he is still alive, it mean that he is laying law fr a while or maybe forever, if he us ever found he might be forced to shutdown the blockchain.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, dentolas said:

Hello my friend
Maybe you did not make a good translation for your topic, my friend
Special currencies, I think you mean stable currencies for a price
If so, please share with me the reply

I don't think we need this in our community, besides other communities don't do that and I will advise it should an open space for everyone to live on so that it can also easier for new investors to learn how to manage there resources.

Privacy coins provide these benefits by obscuring the sender’s address, the receiver’s address, and the transaction amount when executing each transaction. They do this by implementing a number of complicated cryptographic techniques into their protocols.

PIVX is a privacy-centered proof of-staking cryptocurrency forked by DASH. Users keeping coins as collateral use masternodes for checking and anonymizing transactions, storing the blockchain and voting for group proposals and receiving dividends in return.

When there was a coin distribution on the subscription company, the price was not bad. Po then fell very much. I believe this coin has no future and the coin is one of those that have a price in the distribution for trading.

I remember a few years ago I bought a couple of miners, and was running them and learned a lot while doing that. I wish I would not have spent my bitcoin as I was earning it, because I was making like $5-10 USD dollars a day in bitcoin; and this was when 1 whole bitcoin cost about 1000 dollars!!! So that would have been very nice to have held onto it.

In any case, I have learned that it takes knowledge, experience, skill, luck, patience, and perseverance to play this game and it is not for the easily swayed or impulsive personalities. And I am sure that above all, unfortunately, it takes a lot of money to be able to profit off of bitcoin these days. 

That is where other crypto comes into play. I personally love the privacy coins, such as ZCash and Monero, which have been shut out of mainstream markets such as coinbase etc. 

But in the reality of the economy where I am at in the U.S.; where it fluctuates and is very unpredictable, and ultimately seems controlled by every other thing except one's self, these coins seem to have features that are solutions to the issues we all face on a daily basis with our personal information getting compromised and used and abused for profit (not our own, by the way).

Hopefully there will be some way that these coins will be accepted into other exchanges or markets?

confidentiality is the main idea of cryptocurrency, so it plays a big role, many people understand this, therefore it’s especially anonymous coins to stay in the top for quite some time