Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these? - Page 2 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dentolas

Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these?

7 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Do you have social media accounts? Do you use VPN? Have you posted a pictrure in google? Do you have gmail account?

Well you have given up your privacy long ago when you singed up online LOL

LOL, right on the spot... part of the problem is that people don't know what privacy is anymore and just don't realise that privacy is long gone ... even phones can be used to track all your movements... this is a matter that largely overcomes cryptocurrency... when will people really start looking at this issue?

7 minutes ago, dentolas said:

when will people really start looking at this issue?

We are brainwashed by the media and we listen that they want us to listen, we see that they want us to see, we realize that they want us to realize.

There are very few people around the world who understand that we are being manipulate and they can actually figure out the points. Problem is these few people are not more. I hope someday most of us will realize that we are being sold long ago.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:19 PM, hexwin said:

Now you can use something like https://samouraiwallet.com/

and in future we they may release some second layer solution for privacy.

Bitcoin will never have privacy upgrade code for various reasons

Never had this before thanks for sharing man! will study this and might give a shot!

On 10/6/2019 at 5:29 PM, hexwin said:

First read the manual and instructions please....there is a fee for using privacy feature, and it is still in beta

Those fee are not that much, it will cover the whole privacy after all!

On 10/6/2019 at 6:27 PM, hanisanshez said:

There are pros and cons in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general
But even with the dollar and banks there are pros and cons as well

We have them in all aspect, this world is full of mess!

we have to stay away from the illegal activities, because they give us temporary benefits but after some time it is not good for and we loss our all money, always work with honesty and hard work.

Hard Worker 😎😎

On 10/24/2019 at 11:30 PM, ashasanga said:

One of the big reason i can to start using crypto is it;s anonymity. So since i know i'm not a thief then i say not all anonymous people are thieves. Is NAKAMOTO a thief? NO!

I agreed, because of the anonymity, people got attracted by this and it has been spread out rapidly all over the word even up to now it is continue happenings. Because majority of us wants a privacy, and don't want it to give to anybody of course.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:10 PM, ashasanga said:

There is a side effect though its, anonymity attracts many criminals to join the crypto world and laundering of money has become easier and less riskier.

A friend of mine once said that if you give a pen to someone, that person can write a beautiful poem or attack you with it... it is not the tool, it is the user

Criminals have been doing very well using dollar bills... digital money changes life for everyone, they are included...

Same as knifes changed the way we use tools to produce artcraft, or the way we murder someone

7 minutes ago, dentolas said:

A friend of mine once said that if you give a pen to someone, that person can write a beautiful poem or attack you with it... it is not the tool, it is the user

Was that me 😁

Well if I can remember then I have used this example in two post. Really indeed this is a good example for anything. A tool is a tool and it depends on the user how they are using it.

Talking about privacy coin or even regular open blockchain coin both has pros and cons. It's up the individuals which one they prefer for them.

1 hour ago, xBDT Script said:

Was that me 😁

Well if I can remember then I have used this example in two post. Really indeed this is a good example for anything. A tool is a tool and it depends on the user how they are using it.

Talking about privacy coin or even regular open blockchain coin both has pros and cons. It's up the individuals which one they prefer for them.

It was you 😁 loved that example... it says so much with so little words...

This shows that this forum is already bearing fruits and developing people through the communication with toher people... loving it

persons that seek privacy are the ones with something to hide is a very generalised statement which always used wrong. We are not to be confusing privacy and criminality. If I want to have privately it doesn't mean I'm hiding a crime it simply means I'd like to keep my things private. And privacy is given by crypto and whether you use It for good or bad thats up to you

You'll need some privacy coin only if you have something to hide. Cryptocurrencies are safe enough for your normal life transactions, unless you're Walter White and you need to cover your high profits som some illegal activity. You should get away from these for long hodling because some exchanges are taking them out, following international rules against money laundering.

9 hours ago, TheChinaBan said:

Certainly, privacy coins are playing their own roles in the overall cryptocurrency market. There are people who prefer to use these coins for different reasons. As for me, I don't care if anyone can trace me since I am an open person. I am not fond of hiding a lot of my crypto transactions. This is just me and my opinion.

So, you would be ok if everyone knows about your finances? I am not a person with a lot to hide either and probably privacy has a different meaning for everyone of us, but nevertheless we should have the right to it if we choose to... same as all those Facebook, google, etc that stole our privacy and we didn't even noted it

The benefits of privacy coins are numerous including hiding information data, even though it is actually very beneficial for legal users, it can indeed be misused decentralized anonymous payments make it easy for money laundering. The real thing to worry about is the government (not us) because privacy coins dominate transactions in the Dark Web Market.

14 hours ago, consighsneh said:

Till date, Mоnerо is the most аmazing sеcurity соin anyhow, it toо incоrpоratе sоme blemishеs which havе unсoverеd а gaggle of anаlysts сouple of mоnths lоwer baсk. Nо other prоtection cоin hаvе а goоd deal chоiсe despite thе fact thаt DеepOniоn is clаiming thеmsеlves bесаusе thе mоst оutstanding with DееpSеnd for оverlаying up sеnder аnd Stеalth fоr stowing away cоllеctor сopе with. I do nо lоngеr undеrstаnd whаt they are mаking usе of, they аre labelеd pоor in bitcоintalk.

Monero ringCT has flaws but in my oppinion it is still one of the top privacy coins.

Lately there is a new generation of privacy coins that are very promising in achieving the fungibility and anonymacy of printed money... Check out Beam (minmblewimble protocol) and Veil for example... two completely different projects, both aiming for privacy, and both very promising...

On 10/6/2019 at 10:41 AM, 1millionClub said:

Private coins are good but if the corporate adoption doesn't grow with those coins they will never ever be mainstream like Bitcoin. If you are in for the moon shots, lambos etc, private coins are probably not going to give you those. They are good for hiding your wealth away from the governments probably.

They are not mainstream yet like Bitcoin and that's because the need have not risen yet, but were the government to have thrown caution to the wind and clamped down on Bitcoin, the days of the privacy coins would have come.

Privacy of the coins is th best thing because no one know about it and we can send and receive our coins with secure way because if someone know that we have huge amount of coins then he try to steal or send our coins to another account and this is not good.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

9 hours ago, bichou1584 said:

I think all the money like the dollar and the euro are used for illegal activities and ransoms are paid in dollars.
The government's fear of losing control and control over the issuance of money makes it afraid and terrified of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies

Right on the bullseye... I think they are stalling and containing it until they establish their own digital stable coins... they will not give up control esasily... this kind of excuse is really sand in the eyes... 😉

I would say we do really need privacy and privacy oreinted coins simply because the initial aim of Bitcoin is to provide anonymous and private transactions.

better believe it we need protection of our altcoins. we need to make our trasaction anonymously  since everybody need security. that is the reason I likewise need a security coin

On 10/6/2019 at 4:59 AM, dentolas said:

A lot of people say that privacy coins are meant for illegal activities and that we don't really need them as persons that seek privacy are the ones with something to hide.

I think that we should be able to choose the level of anonimity and privacy of our finance. Does this make me a dark lord exchanging diamonds? well, those guys have been using printed money for ages... andisn't printed money anonymous?

For those with nothing to hide, Facebook supporters, etc... why don't you broadcast all your passwords online? oh... privacy issues....

BTC does not fullfill this goal, and even privacy coins still show holes and keep evolving with the recent introdution of the first non-BTC-based MimbleWimble coins...

To me, this is an interesting subject that most times remain undiscussed... humanity valued it's privacy in the past, and with the digital age we are forgetting about it... the problem is that privacy is one of the things that helps us to grow as individuals

Well, there are many points of view on this, so I would like to see yours 🙂

It's like I said today in a tweet, in its early day's privacy initiatives were cataloged by governments as ways to make life easy for criminals, but nowadays it's just the opposite.

When surfing the web and want to enter personal information is unthinkable to do so through a website that doesn't hold an SLL certificate.

5 hours ago, ijohnpaul said:

Simple people like me doesn't need this, i just need a encrypted wallet out there. For those enterprises and company i think it's a must to implement privacy coin to make transaction more secure.

Do you make your bank statements public? Do you maintain all your finantial information available on the web? Because this is what we are talking about... right now so few people use crypto that I do agree that a simple encrypted wallet will do the trick for most people... but in the future it will not be so simple

39 minutes ago, th3nolo said:

It's like I said today in a tweet, in its early day's privacy initiatives were cataloged by governments as ways to make life easy for criminals, but nowadays it's just the opposite.

When surfing the web and want to enter personal information is unthinkable to do so through a website that doesn't hold an SLL certificate.

Nowadays, there is no privacy on the web unless you take extreme measures, and even so, it is not guaranteed...

people don't realise this, and keep on trusting, or things that they don't need more privacy... Facebook has already won US elections... what's next?

I fully agree with the author of the post. We really need to have a certain level of anonymity. But we need to understand that absolutely any government, no matter how democratic it will try to control the population. Всегда и везде.

Edited by philosophy

Yes we need the privacy of the coins because now so many hackers will just hack the peoples wallet and they try to hack the systems of the peoples and withdraw the coins from that wallet and then they withdraw and no one catch them so safe and secure wallet using is the best way.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Apart from illegal crime, I really need the privacy feature on a coin that I use to make transactions, because privacy is now very easy to see and it is very linguistic for me if the privacy of a transaction can always be seen