Nike and blockchain - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Igor1111

Nike and blockchain

This is a very interesting concept to make use of these coins as a way to authenticate the goods that are being sold. I don't think that i have ever heard about crypto being used in this way. The concern with something like this though is that people could use that coin as a way to sell fake merchandise as well, as there is no link between the coin itself and the actual item, if i am understanding the topic correctly. In the past merchandise has a unique number to authenticate it with its certificate, however the coin and the item may not have this link. The concept is there though and i am definitely looking forward to seeing where it goes from here. 

Overall though, it is good see that there are companies that are getting into crypto, because this can be a real game changer in helping to promote crypto in the future. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

I didn't know that nike had plans like that but there has been a long time since this post and I've still heard nothing from this. Maybe they can do this but I don't see a big use case for NFT markets. It is collecting tokens that we can't use anywhere. Maybe if there was games or platforms where these nft can be used it will be great.

• +3 1

It will make good publicity for cryptocurrencies and Ethereum too if Nike selects the ethereum protocols to create these NFTs and it will pump this market a lot. It is good to know there are steps by many big corporations to join the crypto world and hope they succeed.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Nike is one of my favorite sportsware companies and if they have this plans it will mean a lot to me and to millions of fan users of the products of this company. It is a big multinational that any move it makes in crypto it will be big for us and will help cryptocurrencies in total.

• +3 1

I did not understand exactly how this will work. Owners of shoes need to indicate this ownership? I haven't read about thefts of shoes and it is something thieves avoid stealing as usually the numbers do not match so stealing used shoes will not help them, but then again they are thieves and burglars, so they are completely stupid. Maybe with marking every item with a token, resales won't be able to happen so thieves will be out of business.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

It is very good idea coming from Nike and perhaps they should speed this up as the market is right now very bullish and any more news will only affect positively both ethereum and any effort by nike. It is great to know that big companies trust the ethereum blockchain for this reason.

• +1 1

On 12/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, Igor1111 said:

Nike has patented the mechanism for tokenizing its products using the Ethereum blockchain.  She also intends to issue NFT tokens called "CryptoKicks" to protect the authenticity of the sneakers.  Coins will allow buyers of shoes to indicate ownership of it.

It's a really a great achievement and utilisation of NFT. I believe we will have many products based on nft sooner. As the Nike is a big brand and their customers will definitely have the brand assurance and authenticity after buying their products. Is Nike providing Nft token for every Nike products bought?

• +1 2

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

This post was a year ago and I haven't heard anything about that. Although blockchain systems are used in many companies, industries and factories for many reasons as the recording of items and planning is made easier. Maybe Nike had that in mind but using ethereum can be costing them a lot lately with fees having reached the roof.

I am not understand what is the tokenizing products mean. You will buy a token and have the shoes from nike delivered? This needs further explanation as it is not easy to understand the way presented. What is tokenizing mean anyway?

• +2 1

It is great for Nike to work with blockchain technology, which is an indirect support for digital currencies, because this technology is the future of currencies in the new financial system and allows providing many features.

On 12/20/2019 at 6:06 PM, Igor1111 said:

Nike has patented the mechanism for tokenizing its products using the Ethereum blockchain.  She also intends to issue NFT tokens called "CryptoKicks" to protect the authenticity of the sneakers.  Coins will allow buyers of shoes to indicate ownership of it.

The famous brand coming to cryptocurrency is great achievement of crypto. Where the common person can be easily own the coin/tokens of brand which gives him confidence at cryptocurrency. They can buy more and use it to buy products from brand stores around the world this could connect more the people with brands and crypto awareness. 

On 20/12/2019 at 9:06, Igor1111 said:

Nike ha patentado el mecanismo para tokenizar sus productos utilizando la cadena de bloques Ethereum. También tiene la intención de emitir tokens NFT llamados "CryptoKicks" para proteger la autenticidad de las zapatillas. Las monedas permitirán a los compradores de zapatos indicar su propiedad.

Hopefully, other famous companies such as NIKE will do so as this increases the popularity of cryptocurrencies more and this indicates only a great benefit for all of us who have our assets in cryptocurrencies because it would be much easier to make purchases.

• +3 1

It seems that authenticity is important especially in clothe brands as well as for food, wines and the agricultural sector. NFTs perhaps can help in this having unique identifiers permanently in the Ethereum blockchain. Nike deserves congratulations on understanding the importance of blockchain projects.

• +1 1

I don't know what's the point of having a blockchain-tech sportswear company that manufactures and sells to consumers
It would have been better for them to look for better distribution methods or to develop the products they manufacture

• +3 1

Nike, a company known for its sneakers and sportswear, is making the bold move to enter the world of cryptocurrency and may intend to launch its own cryptocurrency.
 It seems that every company will seek to enter the cryptocurrency market and create its own currency.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Sportswear brand Nike's patent for it's blockchain- compatible sneakers dubbed cryptokicks. the system whereby blockchain can be used to attach cryptographically . secured digital assets to a physical products in the case a sport shoe

Whereas Nike's platform will also track the ownership and verify the authenticity of sinckers using the blockchain based system. While we buying a pairs of crypto kicks we will also receive a digital assets attached to a unique identifier of that shoe

Let's hope that more recognized brands make this type of progress and acceptance, since the more important companies accept cryptocurrencies, the more popular they will be and thus the more possibilities that they will be accepted in the world.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, Igor1111 said:

It would undoubtedly be a breakthrough and this would lead to the popularity of crypto in general, because these brands are very recognized throughout the world and this would help the globalization of cryptocurrencies.

• +2 1

In my opinion, this is the right step taken by Nike, this will make its products more developed and used by many people, especially crypto enthusiasts who want to buy their products. By adopting blockchain, Nike products cannot be counterfeited, this is the advantage of blockchain technology.

• +1 1

If you have enough information, please submit it because it is a new step for Nike and I think it will enter the world of coding, but step by step.

Nike's initiative to incorporate blockchain technology, both for activities of its physical products, such as the issuance of cryptocurrencies indicates that every day more and more companies are incorporating cryptography into their business activities. Blockchain technology can be used as one or several integrated databases in which each of them is independent of the other but in perfect coordination, all activities can be recorded there permanently to be audited by those who they have the power to carry them out. Undoubtedly the cryptographic world is incorporated to companies and first-line brands like Nike.

On 12/20/2019 at 6:06 PM, Igor1111 said:

Thank you dear for this information and I hope that big companies will accept it because Ethereum is really a very good coin and People earning a good profit through it and in many countries it is banned and I think it should be legal in all countries and there are people right to use it eran profit through it.

That is good, we hope to see other brands to adopt blockchain transactions which will help in promoting the use of cryptocurrency and easy ways of making transactions across bothers. 

I don't know if blockchain can help, I have some Nike snikers and they are not waterproof! It rains a little and water gets inside! It is the first pair of shoes I bought and were not waterproof at all, I don't actually understand what they are doing but having a product that is so weak made me think that a blockchain won't actually help Nike and I wonder about the future of the company if they make so stupid mistakes.

On 12/20/2019 at 3:06 PM, Igor1111 said:

Coins will allow buyers of shoes to indicate ownership of it

There is no need for coins, you only need a smart contract and a trigger to it. I don't think you will need to buy a token to use, however the triggering of a contract will need fees, and today these fees can reach $10 or higher, as it is not just an Ethereum transfer but something that needs more fees.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, Igor1111 said:

It is incredible to see how every day large companies join blockchain technology and even banks and this means only one thing and it is a quick adoption of the most famous cryptocurrencies in many businesses and in many places.