Will bitcoin ever be regulated? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
IZZY81

Will bitcoin ever be regulated?

As Bitcoin and other digital assets continue to grow in adoption and popularity, a common topic for discussion is whether any government , can exert control of its use?. 

I don't think so because bitcoin when he was created in the first time, his developers said that this coin is decentralized and free and cannot be traced, so I don't think that there will be some country can do that 

Absolutely "YES" it is one the most awaited priority for Bitcoin and all other crypto to finally get that green flag that will surely start another bull market. The space absolutely needs this in order to get full adoption by banks and institutions ecc. 

Yes it it will be because it is over future currency and all world government has to regulate this crypto currency for the future of the people in their state or country they have to understand 

On 12/19/2019 at 1:08 AM, IZZY81 said:

As Bitcoin and other digital assets continue to grow in adoption and popularity, a common topic for discussion is whether any government , can exert control of its use?. 

Well, bitcoin or cryptocurrency is decentralized and free, so anyone could use it without tax, if happens that government or the country will adopt this, it will be a very long talk because just what I said it is decentralized and no one owns it so if ever a country accepts it what would happen? Is there possibilities that they can put a tax in every transaction? And is the users will like it? Can't we tell, right? So I think its better that it will be accepted without the intention of owning it because its freedom for the user to use it.

Well in fact bitcoin or digital currency are decentralized and free, so thats why people can use it without any tax being charged, bitcoin is untraceable. no one knows who create or where is the creator of this.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:57 AM, Migo said:

I don't think so because bitcoin when he was created in the first time, his developers said that this coin is decentralized and free and cannot be traced, so I don't think that there will be some country can do that 

That is the first time you tell about bitcoin being created that bitcoin is decentralized and free and cannot be traced but so long ago it became more popular so many people participated and then there were more countries that accepted bitcoin as a transaction and exchange tool.

I really don't think so. Cause we all know that Bitcoin is completely untraceable and the transactions are almost anonymous. But if the international countries work hard then they could adopt this currency as a national currency. With some rules. 

Yes it is possible Because it is future of Currencies Bitcoin will grow a lot in times to come Many people have a lot of investments in bitcoin I think many countries will regulate butcoin in future

There is need of regulations on a small scale though, in order to avoid the usage of Bitcoin for criminal activities. Bitcoin is not above the law, and regulations should be applied to prevent terrorist activities, human traficking, drug and blood money laundering and other extremely illegal activities. Although from what I noticed until now governments only care about taxing Bitcoin and nothing else.

Government should take respond about bitcoin, like or not bitcoin can end financial system and platform around the world. Bitcoin already attack in every government sector specially about economy and now most people replace their trust into bitcoin. If they keep waiting I believe people will use bitcoin than their own currency.

On 12/21/2019 at 12:35 AM, Yawar said:

Well i think there is a lot Governments can do to stall crypto adoption for 10, 20, 30 years or at least push it away to be adopted by other countries that don't regulate, while we fall behind.

Even though we are lagging behind at least then we are happy that there are many governments that have adopted crypto for the next 30 years so that they can have many benefits so that they can change a better future.

I think it has been a long time ago that the creator made bitcoin decentralized so that it cannot be traced. I think regulating it will lead to its end.

On 12/18/2019 at 10:38 PM, IZZY81 said:

I don't want this to be but the activities of the governments of many different countries making me think that. Because recently Argentina applied taxes on crypto. If you don't have the data about crypto then how can they calculate tax. It means they keeping control over the  crypto. But it it killing the soul of crypto. 

Bitcoin is decentralized for me, so no one can owns this stuff. When we say decentralized, no one have authorized to control or regulate Bitcoin in his own will. Maybe restrictions happen but control is hard to do.

I don't think that Bitcoin will be regulated, but I do believe that governments might eventually put out their own cryptocurrency available for public and that will be regulated. I'm not sure whether that would be a successful move for them, but other unregulated cryptocurrencies will probobly stay the same way.

It really depends on the government of the country.

Here where I am working , they I dont have the access of trading in coinbase and it says not available in the country.

On 12/23/2019 at 5:50 PM, Loly said:

Tax authorities, enforcement agencies and regulatory agencies in various countries are still trying to deal with the bitcoin phenomenon, as of now there is no unified international law to regulate it. Because it is unconditional, decentralized and no central authority, it is separate from any government.

For real world purposes, they do not even need to regulate bitcoin itself for now. They only need to regulate exchanges between bitcoin and fiat currencies. Of course the situation will be different once bitcoin is accepted as a regular currency, but that can still take a long time.

As soon as authorities require exchanges to register and report e.g. dollars flowing in and out, they have achieved 80% crypto currency regulation. Of course, this way they will never reach 100%, but that is no different for e.g. gold.

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

Until now many government still can't find solution about bitcoin, in this side bitcoin can threat another financial instrument in that side bitcoin can be use as answer for people to get income. I believe government in all country only take blockchain as technology but bitcoin will reject it, soon.

I don't think this is possible bitcoin is decentralized which make it unique the creator created it so no one can track it so it will be a great challenge for any government to exert its control

If one country adopted bitcoin and regulated it, the government can not control bitcoin. You know how the blockchain works.. 

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think that it is unlikely that if this happens (And to do this you need to have at least 40% of bitcoins), the owners will just make another 100 million bitcoins and the whole idea will be broken off.