Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer? - Page 4 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Joewilbertson

Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer?

Bitcoin is not mined on a computer and cannot be. You even cannot join a mining pool with a computer. That's why bitcoin mining is completely harmless.

18 hours ago, geezer said:

Bitcoin is not mined on a computer and cannot be. You even cannot join a mining pool with a computer. That's why bitcoin mining is completely harmless.

Right to say bitcoin is not mining on a computer because for bitcoin mining needs a special device which price is very high.

24 minutes ago, Angel Medina said:

I do not pretend to be a computer scientist, in fact I have not studied computer science, just gave my opinion on a certain subject.

And why do you think something will necessarily break? Obviously you cannnot determine the exact problem with a computer.

25 minutes ago, Angel Medina said:

The video card I suppose is the part that takes the most work to be used for mining

The only mechanical parts there - cooling fans - get stuck or stop producing motion. Fans are easy to fix and cheap to replace.

this option is not recommended for specially those whose graphics card is not have enough power to make mining. for example: if your card gives you 100 hash rate then you may not get profits. the result of this mining performance are very poor. if you have good graphics card and computer then you can try it. i suggest moneo is good and profitable

• Useful or interesting 1

Mining with computer is bad, it could really damage some parts of your computer or at worse all the coins you've mind will just be used to replaced your computer because of the broken parts.

9 hours ago, Cryptominer said:

Mining Bitcoin with CPU is no longer profitable

Is it possible at all? Even 2 years ago I could not find neither a miner nor a mining pool supporting PCs. Maybe mining is possible through a bitcoin node itself, but it takes too mush disk space.

I am a newbie to bitcoin mining and I was wondering if bitcoin mining would damage my GPU/CPU. I currently have an Intel i7 4770k and an ASUS GTX 1080. Was wondering if bitcoin mining would damage my CPU/GPU.thanks

21 minutes ago, Ashraful said:

I am a newbie to bitcoin mining and I was wondering if bitcoin mining would damage my GPU/CPU. I currently have an Intel i7 4770k and an ASUS GTX 1080. Was wondering if bitcoin mining would damage my CPU/GPU.thanks

Bitcoin mining is not damaging your GPU I think bitcoin mining is good for GPU for not good for simple computer cpu.

Although it is not bad for our computer, it still difficult to earn a big reward, especially if you don't have the right hardware for mining, even if you use the high-end GPU inside your computer. I think you need to have rigs that can have 12 GPUs so that it will run together. Or it would help if you had another hardware like S17 or else so you can start mining bitcoin, but you must calculate and know how much you should pay the electricity. If you can calculate how much the electricity fee and you don't pay a high fee, then you are good for mining bitcoin.

8 hours ago, Abbas Ali Shah said:

But it can be difficult and harmful for our local computers because it can do only small jobs

So maybe you need to buy a new computer that will help you to start mining so your daily work will not disturb you. If you want to buy that new computer, then you need to have more money to build that computer with a GPU. But you need to be careful because you need to check your electricity fee before you start.

note that mining bitcoin with cpu may cause serious damage. Bad choice to mine btc, nevertheless other coins such as xrp , ethereum is profitable. cpu will stopped functioning after starts bitcoin mining. the performance will be very low for overheating. as far i know you never gonna make good profits for cpu mining and keep that in mind about electricity that you shall be charged for that. 

Their are many bitcoin mining sites in the market. Mostly mining sites are scams . They destroy your Computer. and also harm your pc. Your computer is likely to bring 0.01 cents per day from Bitcoin, while it will puff like a steam train and overheat. This idea is not happy. I don't like mining sites.

Bitcoins at personal computer:-

Bitcoins mining is the very powerful and heavy software usage method. If you mining the bitcoins on your personal computer you reached at this stage that your computer did not store more heat and burn.

In the past i burned my laptop by testing mining with it.... SAD ! Later i made an ETH mining rig with 8 gpu and a core i5.

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

I think mining with personal computer is really bad, because some of the parts of your computer might be broke or at worse explode or burn. and will end up you just replacing it.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, Black25 said:

If the computer's CPU will always operate at 100% capacity it wouldn't take long until it will start overheating and on the long term it will just stop functioning. So that's why mining on your computer is bad 

i think back in 2015 mining from your computer was the only way of mining because the hash rate was low and it was easy to make bitcoin on your computer but now its algorithm is more complicated and will definitely heat your pc and eventually ruin it.

8 minutes ago, harrydoe said:

yess your computer heat and speed slow suck processor and destroy your computer

Yeah when you use your personal computer for mining then you will lose your computer processor.

Yes right!

Mining Bitcoin with your computer often use your CPU. Where the CPU is the brain of your computer.

Actually CPU is not created for mining purpose, it is only processing text and number.

But when you force to use CPU, it will forcing system to solving the mathematic algorithm in Bitcoin mining. Where the possibility to solved is near not possible. The bad side your processor can get so hot, the processor fan will not helpful and maybe both will burned.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

Mining BTC with a PC is near impossible. Finding a block would be like winning a global lottery with billions of participants. If you find a block on your CPU on solo mining then you would be the luckiest person alive.

If you are using your computer power to use to mine bitcoins that's is bad, but if you use the computer to help you to see your connected miners and how much they mine that's good

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

Yeah it will kill your computer especially if it is not very strong to bear mining you have to mine with Nvidia graphics 

Even if you have a good GPU and CPU is not worth you computer will overheat and you will probably damage you computer but if you have a old computer i would recommend using it for mining you can make 10 20 cent a day  like im doing in using my old computer for mining 24/7 and im getting one dollar a week not that bad but i dont recommend using you new computer for mining you may cause damage and if you look to make good money with mining you should buy antminer s9 with that you can create you own mining rigs if you have enough money and you start making some profit!

On 10/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, Joewilbertson said:
Yes, you will most certainly overheat your computer.

Causing irreversible damage to your hardware. There is no point in mining bitcoin with your home computer. To mine bitcoin you need an ASIC machine.

Yes, I agree with you. It also make your pc slow.

• -1 1

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Yes Bitcoin mining causes a lot of damage to your PC, build or use a dedicated mining PC as using your home computer will not only make it so that the PC you use on a daily basis remains fine but also building a more powerful PC with the specifications for mining will help you compete with other people.

Biting mining bad for computer all depend about what computer you have if an old computer or a new computer without potential, to mine you need a potential computer, so the important is if is profitable or no.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif