What is the different between alts and Bitcoin? - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Delgboke

What is the different between alts and Bitcoin?

To understand what is the difference between bitcoin and altcoins
I'm going to give you an example of that
Bitcoin as the leader
And altcoins are like the soldiers that follow the leader and are influenced by what the commander says

THINK POSITIVE

On 12/7/2019 at 11:01 PM, Delgboke said:

I have been hearing altcoins since I came to know about cryptocurrency so I want to really know what differentiate altcoins and Bitcoin, for you that has been in the industry for a long time what do you have to say? 

Bitcoin is trusted by most of the people today. And most of the alternative coins today are not yet trusted completely by most of us. I think that time will come to see that.

nMvFbuZ.png

On 1/13/2020 at 6:16 PM, Zahangir12 said:

The first difference between Bitcoin and ALT coins is that the price and price difference is higher than the price of Bitcoin, but the price of ALT coins is lower than Bitcoin.  By investing in Bitcoin and earning a lot of money, I can benefit greatly.

I think the difference of them is the popularity. btc is much popular then any other coin in the market and btc is much profitable than any other crypto.

Bitcoin and altcoin have different blockchain technologies but have the same protocol. So bitcoin has a role in altcoin, its position as a pioneer makes it the center of crypto markets in general. If the price of bitcoin experiences a bullish trend, the crypto market will tend to increase. Conversely, if the price of bitcoin drops and experiences a bearish trend, the crypto market will also be depressed.

Bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency, so altcoin is like the children of bitcoin itself. Just saying, you could find some other word that fits that description. Altcoin is altenative coin, they have a higher supply than bitcoin and usually more cheaper.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, Delgboke said:

I have been hearing altcoins since I came to know about cryptocurrency so I want to really know what differentiate altcoins and Bitcoin, for you that has been in the industry for a long time what do you have to say? 

bitcoin and altcoin are actually the same. because they are also crypto in the blockchain system. only what makes bitcoin and altcoin different is market segmentation or the big influence of bitcoin on the market. You know when bitcoin prices go down altcoin prices go down but when bitcoin prices go up altcoin doesn't go up.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:45 PM, xpertt said:

I will differentiate it by saying that bitcoin is the father of all coins while altcoins are just the children of bitcoin. In other words, bitcoin is the first coin to be released in the market, they are all depending on the price of it, it has the biggest value among the coins while altcoins are just coins that has a low value but still profitable.

I think you are some how right i think all the coins except bitcoin called as Altcoin but i need mere information about this topic for learning all about crypto world .

On 12/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, MohammadMohsin said:

The simplest way of explaining it would be that Bitcoin is the father and the altcoins are it's children's. Cause the altcoins depends on the Bitcoin. It's like a secondary version of Bitcoin. 

You are right. Bitcoin is the “original” cryptocurrency and ultimately responsible for the invention of blockchain technology. Altcoin launch after Bitcoin success. But your comment just wow brother.

I have been asking myself this question for so long, whats the difference between altocoins and bitcoin ,but I have to google and my answer is , the altcoins, when are as new in these market, use the same decentralization as bitcoin and they have codes that can execute agreements between two parties using block chain technology ,they are more improved in function as you would compare with bitcoin and this is according to me.

On 12/7/2019 at 7:01 AM, Delgboke said:

In crypto market there are some coin and some are token .These all are called Altc coin which they use the other coin or token blockchain .A coin or token with their own blockchain called by it name not Alts.

7 minutes ago, Jonayeed123 said:

In my opinion As blockchain (the technology that cryptocurrency is based on) evolved, so did the number of coins available, and the things these new coins' blockchains could accomplish. These new cryptocurrencies dubbed "altcoins" use the same decentralized concept as Bitcoin but take things a step further with unique features

What about coins that are centralized, did they forge a new blockchain.

I also heard thats there have the different between altcoinsand the bitcoins , but I also actually dont know before if there have the differences on them 

Altcoin is a term for all coins other than bitcoin, or you could say "alternative bitcoin". So the difference is clear huh. Altcoin itself has many types and of course different from Tokens

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

There is no much difference between all cryptocurrencies as they all are on same technology, they may have different algorithm and price factor.

In my opinion there are a lot of differnce between Altc and the cryptocurrency ! because every currency has its benfits and its value ! 

On 12/7/2019 at 4:01 PM, Delgboke said:

Altcoins is quite different from bitcoins well the only difference I can't say is that altcoins are alternative coins  that doesn't have an existing blockchain features while Bitcoin which is the mother of currency has existing blockchain features and also all altcoins can rise without bitcoins

Any cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin is Altcoin.

The price, stability and popularity is another difference.

Investing in Bitcoin has lower risk than other coins (Altcoins)

In my opinion this is same thing when i search in GOOGLE about alt coins then i received bitcoins result. Here i reached in this theory that bitcoins is complete currency and its coins called alt coins. This is same thing in my opinion. 

On 12/7/2019 at 11:01 PM, Delgboke said:

Bitcoin was crypto, while altcoins stand for "Alternative coin" well actually they are both same, their differences I think that there are some altcoins that are being categorize as centralized while Bitcoin was purely decentralized or unregulated business type.

Altcoin are all other type of coins. Bitcoin is only bitcoin. So X10, ETH, LTC are altcoins

On 12/7/2019 at 8:34 PM, bliznec said:

You need to check at coinmarketcap.com and you can see the distinctive features of a particular cryptocurrency. Not all altcoins depend on the course of bitcoin. 

For example, I choose up to 50 top cryptocurrencies and it does not matter altcoin and just a token. The main thing is to stick to the top. 

Guys altcoins are super alternative  of the Bitcoin currency. They have a big volume of market share.....

There is very simple difference between bitcoin and altcoins. All currencies other then bitcoin is called altcoins. Ethereum, Ripple. Bitcoincash etc are the altcoins. 

There is no difference just Bitcoin is the first coin and the remaining coins like ETH and Litecoin called as Altcoins that depend upon Bitcoin. If you want to open a new project, then your coin too called as altcoin as any newly launched coins too.

I hope you got understood clearly and there are lot of replies that make you understandable.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:01 PM, Delgboke said:

Straight forward saying that these are alternative to bitcoin. Alt coins are dependent of bitcoin and bitcoin is the mother currency of all alt coins. They have different of purpose and projects behind. All alt coins are also working on blockchain technology.