Crypto Whales and How they Manipulate the price - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
milanista

Crypto Whales and How they Manipulate the price

rsz_1whale.jpg.e591bd4ba2f3bead1aa19fdd6a2bbe53.jpg

When you see a huge drop in a coins price, people will sometimes blame it on whales that are dumping on the market. Whales are people or possibly a group of people working together to hold a large percentage of that coin and can use this to their advantage to manipulate the price of a coin to the desired price. Typically when this occurs "weak hands" will start panic selling so they can buy back into the coin at a cheaper price. Not always does his tacit work in the whales favor.

If you been in the crypto world for awhile now i am sure you have heard of the term "Whale". The whale is the biggest creature in the ocean and for the most part can over power just about any other fish, so in crypto we refer to people or groups that have a large percent of a coins volume a whale. Coins that have a smaller total volume are a lot easier for a potential whale to manipulate.

Whales will use a tactic called rinse and repeat, this method can be extremely profitable to a whale if timed right. The holder with a large percentage of that coins volume starts selling off lower then the market rate, which in turn causes people to start panic selling. Then the whale will watch and re-buy back in when the price of the coin reaches a new low. Then just repeats this process accumulating more wealth, more coins, and more control over that coin.SellWall.jpg.0a19445f1c1295c78faa7abcd7d23239.jpg

Another way a whale can manipulate the price is by using buy and sell walls. If the coin drops people will generally start to buy in at a lower price and sell when it reaches a higher price. Makes sense. A whale has to have the actual funds to create the walls on the exchange. They can stack up either buy or sell walls and watch the price when it hits exactly where they want it then BOOM the wall disappears because they have canceled that large buy or sell order. There are actual real huge buy and sell walls that are not manipulated by whales. So you have to be careful, Don't get dumped on

Whales don't always buy coins the traditional way through exchanges they can use Over the Counter Trading or Dark pools. This way they can buy vast amounts of a coin (if available) without it being noticed by the public eye. If you are a potential Whale you don't want the general public to notice your very large buy order all at one time. This would send signals to others that its getting ready to be manipulated. The great whale of 2014 caused an event where a massive liquidation of bitcoin where sold at 300 dollars a piece. Which was a supply of 30,000 bitcoins totaling 9 million dollars. People assumed this was going to crash the entire crypto market at the time, but to many people's surprise the buyers ripped right through the sell orders and the coin rose to $375 dollars.

Here is a picture of the massive sell of

MassieWhaleDump.jpg.b62cf9fc037dbe59def3bf7cb7933cd9.jpg

So remember if you bought into a quality coin and believe in its community and tech, don't let weak hands deter you from staying in the game. Thousands of people have lost millions of dollars because of panic selling. If you get involved playing with a whale and your trying to make huge gains this picture related will be the only lambo you will have

• Useful or interesting 9
  • +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Sometimes they want people to sell their coins on lower price so they start to dump the price and seeing this everyone start to sell on lower price in that time they buy from people selling and also buy back their sold coins. 

• Useful or interesting 1

The manipulation can not be done by exchanges alone. they move funds simultaneously across different exchanges to effect price change ,so it is not solely at the call of a single exchange most times.

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

These prices are above a few factors, including supply, transaction, purchase, sale, stock market, popularity, project, target, futures, etc. The price goes down.

3 hours ago, wrayaner said:

Big whales control the market so that every move in the market is not arbitrary but rather a profitable purpose

I don't think that bitcoin is controlled by the big whales by 100%,maybe a little but not full control, this big whales are like a trouble to cryptocurrencies world and we can find them in every field 

The truth must be somewhere in the middle. Of course crypto is money and where is money there are also those who control all the system. But it can't be true that they control absolutely everything about crypto 

Maybe everything is connected to each other. when people sell and buy are counted simultaneously. network one and the other network is connected.

11 hours ago, Amit01229 said:

Ofcourse they control our total I believe and I think all major whales connected from each other and they sell or buying in bulk and every movement that earn from market with lavarage trading but if you new in market then stay away from lavarage

What do you think is 100% the same as me. I often imagine they are like a secret group that plays behind the scenes of the crypto market. They will always coordinate every time they make a price shift in the market.

19 hours ago, milanista said:

When you see a huge drop in a coins price, people will sometimes blame it on whales that are dumping on the market. Whales are people or possibly a group of people working together to hold a large percentage of that coin and can use this to their advantage to manipulate the price of a coin to the desired price. Typically when this occurs "weak hands" will start panic selling so they can buy back into the coin at a cheaper price. Not always does his tacit work in the whales favor.

If you been in the crypto world for awhile now i am sure you have heard of the term "Whale". The whale is the biggest creature in the ocean and for the most part can over power just about any other fish, so in crypto we refer to people or groups that have a large percent of a coins volume a whale. Coins that have a smaller total volume are a lot easier for a potential whale to manipulate.

Whales will use a tactic called rinse and repeat, this method can be extremely profitable to a whale if timed right. The holder with a large percentage of that coins volume starts selling off lower then the market rate, which in turn causes people to start panic selling. Then the whale will watch and re-buy back in when the price of the coin reaches a new low. Then just repeats this process accumulating more wealth, more coins, and more control over that coin.SellWall.jpg.0a19445f1c1295c78faa7abcd7d23239.jpg

Another way a whale can manipulate the price is by using buy and sell walls. If the coin drops people will generally start to buy in at a lower price and sell when it reaches a higher price. Makes sense. A whale has to have the actual funds to create the walls on the exchange. They can stack up either buy or sell walls and watch the price when it hits exactly where they want it then BOOM the wall disappears because they have canceled that large buy or sell order. There are actual real huge buy and sell walls that are not manipulated by whales. So you have to be careful, Don't get dumped on

Whales don't always buy coins the traditional way through exchanges they can use Over the Counter Trading or Dark pools. This way they can buy vast amounts of a coin (if available) without it being noticed by the public eye. If you are a potential Whale you don't want the general public to notice your very large buy order all at one time. This would send signals to others that its getting ready to be manipulated. The great whale of 2014 caused an event where a massive liquidation of bitcoin where sold at 300 dollars a piece. Which was a supply of 30,000 bitcoins totaling 9 million dollars. People assumed this was going to crash the entire crypto market at the time, but to many people's surprise the buyers ripped right through the sell orders and the coin rose to $375 dollars.

So remember if you bought into a quality coin and believe in its community and tech, don't let weak hands deter you from staying in the game. Thousands of people have lost millions of dollars because of panic selling. If you get involved playing with a whale and your trying to make huge gains this picture related will be the only lambo you will have

very informative and well written article. My congratulations. I often see big walls at the exchanges on some of the coins I usually trade. I always assumed they were made by the accumulation of many buy or sell orders at the same price point. Now I know that might not be the case.

A whale is a buyer and that means someone sold bitcoin at a low price, which significantly affects the price of bitcoin. Thus, it follows that bitcoin needs more time to recover. 

I don't know how whales can manipulate the market, but I am sure that they can do it easily. As long as we can follow what the whales did at the market, we can make a profit like what they did and sometimes, the profit will be bigger than we can imagine. But still, it is hard to know when the whales move because they will not tell anybody when the time is. We should be prepared, and maybe we can set the alarm for the coins so we can know if the price start increase and we can place the order buy or order sell.

Yes, whales control the largest percentage in the market, but they do not control the price of the currency completely. The Bitcoin price falls from $ 20,000 to $ 7500, not because of the whales, but because of some governments and negative news.

Life is great and enjoy it

The above posts really helps and most of them are correct, what I could say they may had a private group chat where they make decision  for selling and buying Bitcoin. The whales had a plan to sell Crypto on a time and it works for them, but not for us because we are a low depositors.

Although Bitcoin is not depending on the whales because the price is moving forward even after a large amount was sold.

Altcoins may depend upon whales, but still it shows some of the coins neither went to 0.

Crypto whale are so many that you can't distinguish them, it can be a single person, an organization or a group of people that hold large percentage of Cryptocurrency

I hear a lot about whales coming soon! I had my idea about a band working together and panicking crypto marches and buying big money to manipulate prices! It's horrible whales!

• Useful or interesting 2

We have witness the bitcoin manipulation this year where Bitcoin was low and suddenly it was pumped and goes high.Then they pull the plug out  all other people then stuck .This manipulation  damaging crypto.

• +3 1

Where can you tell if the buy wall is one person or a group? It's really cool how you broke down the "whales" in the market and how they influence people to sell. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this information to make better trades in bitcoin on yobit. Right now I want to hold bitcoin until at least 10,000 and sell even though it seems there are the "whale walls".

I do agree with what everyone says in these threads,whales play a role in the manipulation of bitcoins price in the market.Since they hold huge amount of bitcoins there's big chances for them to control bitcoins value.Good thing if a  trader can monitor the movements of the market overtime there's a possibility that they can catch up and analyze the incoming bulk dump or bulk buying of bitcoins.I don't think if it's possible,chances is, they can ride the flow of whales manipulation of bitcoins value in the market.

Of course they control everything, and I believe that all the big guys are connected to each other and they are making a lot of money from the market by trading.

I don't know why the whales company manipulate the market. they may have much btc on their wallet. then they don't rty to increase the price . if will profitable for all.

Well, they pause interconnected with other causes, every big transaction that is accepted, definitely a pause in price manipulation, I'm very sorry, thank you, for what it was under.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:01 AM, milanista said:

I don't think a whale can manipulate data. especially to change the price of crypto. because all that has been recorded in the blockchain ledger and no one can change it. you need to remember the price of crypto is fluctuating because it is caused by the transaction they make. the more transactions made, the better the price of the crypto, and vice versa.

whales will continue to be in the scope of crypto and we will become plankton that will be the food of whales who always manipulate prices. this is normal because a large asset must be manipulated there aimed at large profits for their personal.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, Sumayya said:

Crypto whale are so many that you can't distinguish them, it can be a single person, an organization or a group of people that hold large percentage of Cryptocurrency

Yeah you are right thats why the market movements are very unpredictable because every whale has different goals but they have the same thinking and it is to make a profit by manipulating the market.

• +3 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

Well the crypto market total market cap is still relatevely low compared to the entire stock market or others, so in my opinion crypto, especially those with lower market cap can more easily be' manipulated in price as the large whales know this. As you see the price of bitcoin is somewhat less manipulated than smaller altcoins, anyways the idea of the whale is that he simply keeps on buying from weak hands that do not have patience and so sell at a loss only making a whale getting larger from his position.