Bitcoin turned physical coin people could see? - Page 12 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

Bitcoin turned physical coin people could see?

Obviously not since it was not made in that way, Satoshi Nakamoto goal to make a peer-to-peer digital payment, so if that happen then it is against the goal of its creator and its purpose. Also you don't need to have a physical copy of BTC since we have fiat money in the first place. But I think there is some company that made a physical copy of BTC but just for collection, it is Casascius physical bitcoin.

If bitcoin becomes more powerful then now maybe we will see him like a fiat currency, but probably not because in my opinion I guess bitcoin is the internet coin.

Of course, bitcoin can become a physical coin. As far as I know, there are already companies that make plastic cards to which a bitcoin account is physically attached. This is an interesting prospect, but it requires support and approval from government financial systems.

That is impossible, it is difficult to convert Bitcoin into a physical currency, it depends on the blockchain and I do not think it is really necessary to have BTC in physical, just thinking about it is crazy. Imagine having only one coin in your pocket with a value of more than 10k$.

In my side I tried to read some articles and found that one of the distinct features of Bitcoin as a crypto currency is to be in digital format termed as wireless token that can see and received easily and quickly in different parts of the world, so I don't think so if they are going to come up with this idea.

I don't think so. If it will be then it will be available everywhere and people will not demand it more and the bitcoin will decrease in value.

there is no certainty for this, but is does not seem possible logically because its value can go up or down by 2 or 3 times in the short term

On 11/17/2019 at 12:00 PM, Digicoin said:

Can bitcoin be physical in the future? And holding one should worth normal bitcoin price. Is this possible?

Unless there is unanimous agreement on that I don't think it would be necessary. But if people want to have a physical crypto currency then it will be possible since we have Bitcoin ATM machines that can be modified to accept deposits. It's all a concept and can be made a reality.

Certainly no, Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency cannot become a physical currency.
Cryptocurrencies are basically immaterial and can only be held on the Internet or in hardware wallets

• +1 1

The principle of Bitcoin is to be digital, not physical.
However, nothing prevents someone from making a physical version of it.
Bitcoin is a brand that does not belong to anyone.
Moreover, some have already made physical coins that internally include a private key, but this amounts to trusting the issuer of the coin and that he has not kept a duplicate of the private key.

23 hours ago, Cryptic said:

Obviously not since it was not made in that way, Satoshi Nakamoto goal to make a peer-to-peer digital payment, so if that happen then it is against the goal of its creator and its purpose. Also you don't need to have a physical copy of BTC since we have fiat money in the first place. But I think there is some company that made a physical copy of BTC but just for collection, it is Casascius physical bitcoin.

Well, having a physical coin from bitcoin is having a possibility that it will be having a physical coin, not now but in the future because there's a tendency that it will be accepted in many countries to used with fiat as a payment method.

With the papers wallet we can have an alternative compared to a physical currency of Bitcoin or other crypto.
It's like creating your own personalized banknote and you can do it with a lot of crypto including Bitcoin.
And it's even the safest method to store your crypto (but not the easiest to use).

I don't think this is possible, Bitcoin is a digital currency and hopefully it can be used digitally around the world as a currency, if it is use as a cash ,then it is no longer a digital currency it will be a hard currency  ,If that happens ,I don't think it will rise or fall in price again

Bitcoin is a digital currency and as well as other coins in the crypto currency. It should not have a physical representation to be used in the physical world. It could only bring us the thought that there would be another currency that would be introduced in the physical world other than saying that it is a representation used to represent the coins in the crypto currency. It would only replace the current fiat currency that we had but they are still fiat currencies that only change the names of the coins. It could somehow gain influence to the price range of it in the market because of the confusion that it manages to create to the entire globe.

• +3 1

Bitcoin cannot be made as physical currency for many reasons and one of the reasons why it cannot be made physical is that bitcoin is too expensive which can put life of many people in danger when they carry it along with them , bitcoin is currently reading $10,000 plus which i think is too much to carry around.

• +1 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Dont be such innocent, look arraound genius, everything is becaming virtual, so forget material money, you will use light pulses for eberything.. welcome to the future my friend relax chill and enjoy it..also forget btc.. the money will be iota.. invest now and kiss my feet later. 

Edited by Hfaragon33
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

On 11/17/2019 at 6:00 AM, Digicoin said:

Can bitcoin be physical in the future? And holding one should worth normal bitcoin price. Is this possible?

In my opinion, the chances of bitcoin becoming a physical currency are Null since its network has nothing to do with the physical, if not all digital

• +4 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, Digicoin said:

You can hold the private key in a paper wallet. This would make it physical. I don't know what else you mean maybe if there are bitcoin coins created? I think that I've seen some but they were very old and not created anymore. They contained the private key in a secured area too.

• +1 1

I think is impossible. Our technology is getting powerful and wider. We do not need bitcoin become physical coin since it is better when it is in digital wallet. It is easy to use it and even having transactions. I do not think it is nice idea but why not we do not know what would be happen in the future and the capability of this popular coin, bitcoin. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Bitcoin is digital my friend and it is a protocol. A set of rules written in code. Why would we need to carry bitcoin in our pockets? Have you considered that we are talking about moving to the future and not in the previous system that is flawed and failed.

• +1 2

No it can't and everyone must understand that physical coins are not going to survive. Even fiat currencies have switched to mobile payments and digital cash so anything that is physical is almost over.

• +3 1

I didn't think that bitcoin would have physical coins, because bitcoin was created for digital purposes and has no physical form. I think in the future there will never be bitcoin in physical form, this is not in accordance with the principles of bitcoin.

• +1 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, Digicoin said:

I am not think this is even possible my dear. Bitcoin is digital you can have this coin in your wallet in your phone but not in your wallet as paper. It is just not the style of this coin. It is a future currency that is not paper.

• +1 1

There is no way that would happen, you real should go back into reading the meaning of cryptocurrency, it is meant to be a digital asset, if it is turned into physical it would lose it's meaning and on the other hand it would be easy to ban it.

• Useful or interesting 2