Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote - Page 5 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
mostawda3

Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote

18 minutes ago, Mark wood said:

@Dorjoy12 thank you so much for your time I was really confused about that but you solve that and hope you will be there if we need help you will solve that 💗..

@Mark wood you are welcome my friend.. We are here to help each other you know because when i was first in this forum i did not have any idea about this feature so later one friend @Babubu609 suggest me about this feature and now i suggest you.. Hope you will help other too..        

• +1 1

When i was newbie at the forum.i was suggested by Mod to not quote the big content of the topic.Where the comment can become awkward for  readers.Their for i am avoiding the big content topic quoting.But some newbies does not know this and quoted the content.

I think this feature would be really nice because it can helo increase the number of topics disolayed per page and you won't need to see the whole post before getting down to the comment of a member. It's really a time saver.

Actually this is an old topic but to me it's just like a new stated topic observing how some members are quoting the whole long post for commenting which is making the trend looking too cumbersome for others to take their time and go through it carefully to deduce the message entails for effective learning to take place and therefore to give the best in return.

• +4 1

Yes, it might be a little ridiculous for the people who respond to long topics. Moderators cannot prevent this, but they can modify it. I do not think that the administration will trust such additions.

• Useful or interesting 1

Many members do not know that we can abbreviate the quote and choose a short section of it. This also helps to define one point so that we can respond to it and not respond to the full topic.

I think it is a good idea, and this is in order for the quoted text to be small and leave the option to read the full quote for members. Perhaps your suggestion will be taken seriously by the site moderators and this will help clean up the forum as well.

Thank fully this was added to the forum and didn't take long to be used by other members too so other people wouldn't get annoyed to this as you would scroll alot to just see underneath their message in which kind of annoying for everyday things.

• +1 1

This feature would really help to make this forum much more neat and easy to navigate if it gets implemented by the admins and this would also increase useful posts as people would spend less time reading the post and more time creating useful posts.

without a doubt it is something necessary, it is stressful to go down to read some answers and that the labels occupy 90% of the screen, they should consider the option to change the display or that at least the option to hide is automatic.

The long quote is very annoying, especially if the article is less than the quote, and the official has set a limit for this matter and has requested that the article be longer or equivalent to the quote

That's unfortunately true. Most members of this forum know how much annoying this is. The new comers don't know how to quote in short sentences. Thats why they do it without even knowing. We should quote the part we want to discuss about that topic. We can use quote selection feature to do short quote.

• +2 1

it is right when we see the posts and the topics there are a lot of replies and if they have the qouted the long posts it will be annoying to read that is why you should qoute the only part of the post you want to talk about.

I don't like reading some of the lengthy post that keep repeating point with same explanation it is a pointless if it is brief straight forward you get the message and understand the post better then you can easily quote the post shortly

What am requesting and also suggesting is for admin and moderator of the plat form should Include delete at same time edit option in ones post, because some time when network is bad some post get repeated an one can decide to delete one thank you. 

Yeah Al that sounds pretty crap to me, Looks like BT aint for me either, Looks like BT aint for me either

About another forum theme they think they should add a darker theme  because white is not good for eyes.

Yes I agree with you Its really annoying to see the long and lengthy quote so it is good to just selecting the main point on which you want to response.And we have already a feature to reduce the long quotes intk selective length so always do it before quoting any post.It'll be good for the reader as well as he can easily read your Point.Good Luck!

• +1 1

Hmm, actually, you're right! The idea is very good. Because, I often encountered how users responding to a post, respond to the entire topic at once, and therefore, all this takes up a lot of space, and causes inconvenience!

• +1 1

I think feature is really good for certain members as they want it . Lot of people try to actually make sure they hide it as it's quite long. Some people really include big details in the forum. I really think it's upon people's choice.

• +3 1

On 11/1/2019 at 5:33 PM, mostawda3 said:

Dear members  and moderators, don't you hate it when people quote extra long posts?

It's a little bit irritating and make reading posts more difficult, So I suggest to minimize long quotes' content, I know there is a quote collapse button, but is not automatic and not convenient, this is an example of what I'm talking about:

Long Quote:

Minimized:

quote.png.4b79ac08c362b54fee2d33615d4770d2.png

This will make browsing content more easy and make the topic look tidy and clean,

I don't think invision implemented this feature in their core version yet but I found this plugin Minimized Quote 1.2.0 which does the job, I kindly ask Administration to check this suggestion and see if it's possible to implement, Thanks for reading

Imagine how this quoted quote will look like, if there's any functionality that'll make the quoted response to be flexible in collapsing and easy to extend, that way the forum will look simple and easy to use, and people reading post will only show interest on the quoted post if they expand it by maybe a "read more" button

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿Instagram🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

You are right we should only quote the section of the topic or reply that we want to discuss, but the people just qoute all the long topic which seems useless.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:33 PM, mostawda3 said:

This will make browsing content more easy and make the topic look tidy and clean,

I don't think invision implemented this feature in their core version yet but I found this plugin Minimized Quote 1.2.0 which does the job, I kindly ask Administration to check this suggestion and see if it's possible to implement, Thanks for reading

I agree with your topic with kind suggestions to moderators to implement this minimizing quote feature by default to make it easier for members to easily understand posts, if someone could not understand the quoted text, they can click read more button. I support your opinion for updating this feature. 

It does not matter if you do not quote or if you quote all the post you are just discussing the point of view the reader who is reading all the comments will surely understand your point.

Yes this is bad when we see some members quote the totality of topic content, and some times when the topic is long so will take all the Cryptotalk page section! I think we can answer a such topic without quoting it, or we can select the sentence and click the quote pop up.

• +2 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I think everyone put a post  of short lines but this also have more useful words . You should try to create short content . You should try to write everything which you want to tell us . You try your best to write it in short lines.