Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote - Page 3 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
mostawda3

Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote

There is a message slice for this before posting. If you see a long message in front of you, then you need to try to remove, delete part of the message, before writing. 

• +2 1

Thank you for drawing attention to this point. Many members do not know that we can abbreviate the quote and choose a short section of it. This also helps to define one point so that we can respond to it and not respond to the full topic.

This is very good idea to have the read more button, there are some topics which are too long and if they will be quoted they take large space. Read more button will help a lot because all quoted posts will have the same size.

• +1 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

I think a read more is a very important feature to have in the case of long quotes from the topic or from other posts. Especially since sometimes members tend to quote the entire topic and then reply to it, which is a bit annoying for other members as they than have to scroll through that once again. I think a shortened version of the quote is a very good idea, and i hope that the moderators implement such a feature quite soon.

• +2 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

It's really good ideas and that what i do by my self if i see the pst is very long with many picture i just quote some words and reply in comment to dont make the topic hard to scroll down for others 

You are right  we should  not quote  long post  we should minimize  first long posts. Even I also want to suggest  That we should  not post such contains  such  a long content. 

• +1 1

On 11/1/2019 at 6:33 PM, mostawda3 said:

Minimized:

quote.png.4b79ac08c362b54fee2d33615d4770d2.png

This will make browsing content more easy and make the topic look tidy and clean,

I don't think invision implemented this feature in their core version yet but I found this plugin Minimized Quote 1.2.0 which does the job, I kindly ask Administration to check this suggestion and see if it's possible to implement, Thanks for reading

This is actually a great idea! I have never thought of that before. This will really help us to browse the topic and replies better and will minimize the size of the topic page.

Thanks for sharing.!

I agree, with what you say, however, there are also points to take, but I do not want to go on, I will only say that citing an advertisement or comment helps the author to know that they answered his topic or opinion in debate, I consider it important.

Well this is true mate, just quote some line that you will used as a topic for your reply here on this thread because when you quote all of the thread here, this ks not pleasing to the eyes from other members, i hope that all of member here will understand.

• +1 1

Yes i also face such problem while browsing crypto talk. New members qoute the whole topic which produce little problem for other members. It is a good suggestion. 

Well if someone quotes then thread lokks ok but if many people quotes the long post or comment it take huge time for scrolling too so i agree with you bro maybe admin hears you our in the next update.

• +2 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

That's a good suggestion of minimizing quotes in order to make the post easy of contribution by other users as well as keeping the post clean and less hope it will be brought into consideration soon.

• +1 1

So friend you're right it's very annoying to see a comment with a quote on a very long topic I think we should start to give the proper use to this function because it's getting annoying unfortunately 

Long post must not always be quoted, as basically this long post, at Time looks like there's basically on quoted response on it, especially when it's very long. But minimize feature will be good

• +2 1

Yes you are right it is irritating for those when and the question is simple but the right a long post but if there is some explanation of about something for that you have to read it just because by making long post only they can make you understand

• +1 1

5 hours ago, alirefaeey said:

Yes, you probably do not have to quote the whole topic, but quote the thing that you want to refer to in the comment is sufficient and this will facilitate the reading of the topic better .

Some people that are not new on this forum just like to quote long topic, there should be a punishment for this, because it is very wrong and some still quite long topics. 

It is really annoying when a member quotes a long post and the post becomes long to read, incomprehensible and more difficult, so I advise members to reduce quotes and especially if the topic is long, personally I do not use quotes in my comments on topics

Yeah I don't think it is necessary to quote all the topics we wish to pass comments on, we can just select the part we want to make comment on and quote it. It is annoying seeing long posts quoted again. 

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

well as i know this forum has already have this function for example when we link some forum topic or quato it is not copyied fully as i know. if it is large you can also quato only the pieces you are interested and replying to.

• -1 1

I totally agree with you, the quotation form will be more comfortable and will give an easier way to read the topics. I hope moderators will take this suggestion into consideration.

Well its good advice because some new members don't no which topic quoted, they quote long post when 2 are 3 members quote long topic in same page, then its really irritated so minimize the long topic its good  to read this topics.

• +1 1

Many time  members are quoted the long topics even they are not having any doubts or problem with the content then also they are quoting the whole content Sometimes this thing are very irritating because we have to see the whole content again and again even we getting confused now they have introduced a new option by using that we can select the the sentence of the content we want to quote.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

This feature would really help to make this forum much more neat and easy to navigate if it gets implemented by the admins and this would also increase useful posts as people would spend less time reading the post and more time creating useful posts.

I hate  most those who made long post I always recommend everyone that you should make short post and explain everything on it it makes me feel bored to read such long post

Yes this so important for everyone to not make a post unnecessarily larger.Because in a topic,we need to read so many reply to learn more things. if you just looking to make the post a bigger one,but there is no such good information,our time will be wasted.So i think everyone should follow this.

• +1 1
  • +3 1