Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
mostawda3

Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote

On 11/18/2019 at 7:52 PM, laska smrtici said:

I'm new here and I don't know exactly what you mean
But to my understanding you want to add a button to hide long quotes right?
But there is a button to go to the comment box directly and without seeing these quotes

Nope, the original poster wants to implement the upgrade feature of quoted text where it can be minimized so that it will not eat all the space of the post.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

On 11/1/2019 at 11:38 PM, xBDT Script said:

It really is annoying to see the entire post quoted by some members which in most of the cases really unnecessary. May be it's because they do not know how to do it correctly.

This idea seems good but we can really make it better if we only quote the text we are replying instead of the whole post. Just like here what I did could be a good example.

yes it's very annoying when they quote all the sentences, I was like "why don't you delete part of the sentence and leave the important part that you want to reply"🙄

On 11/18/2019 at 7:59 PM, chicagono666 said:

The correct use of quote is highlight only the specific text about you want to refer. Quote the whole post when is long is a signal of disinterested writing. 

You are right. I hope all users here will learn how to properly use the quote feature. It also looks spammy if they just quote the whole post or reply.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:33 AM, mostawda3 said:

Dear members  and moderators, don't you hate it when people quote extra long posts?

It's a little bit irritating and make reading posts more difficult, So I suggest to minimize long quotes' content, I know there is a quote collapse button, but is not automatic and not convenient, this is an example of what I'm talking about:

Long Quote:

Minimized:

quote.png.4b79ac08c362b54fee2d33615d4770d2.png

This will make browsing content more easy and make the topic look tidy and clean,

I don't think invision implemented this feature in their core version yet but I found this plugin Minimized Quote 1.2.0 which does the job, I kindly ask Administration to check this suggestion and see if it's possible to implement, Thanks for reading

I agree, mate! Definitely agree! I always experienced that a lot and I so much hate it when sometimes, all the replies under that topic quoted that topic and I had to scroll all the way up or down for so long. I wanted to complain about it but I didn't come up with good explanation. But at last! You mentioned it!

I agree with this suggestion, we can just quote some posts but just minimized, there are no wrong with that just to be sure if you doing some minimize quote, put all the necessary ideas to know them the importance of your quote.

Most people are not paying attention to this forum feature. They can select a part of the text and make a quote from it. The feature became wasted. That is why your suggestion came up, and I think that is a brilliant one.

<Bitcoin> 33UiM7HjYSH9ZuCfdQiRKmWNJdGhLx444W

Yes you are right, it feels uncomfortable to read those long quotes that not is needed to do so because I usually read some replies about on the topic.

Also someone noticed it thank you. You have a point because sometimes it takes time to scroll more because of long quote. I hope they implemented that for a convenient of the users.

Yes i agree with you that users should qoute a valuable lines in the posts which will help to posts to achieve its conclusion unnecessarily quoting big big lines in the posts is very annoying. 

Your right,its kinda annoying seeing comments where the quotes is longer than the answer. And its so funny that there are some who quoted it but their answer is so irrelevant to that topic. Members should have discipline and help the forum to be clean anfmd organize as we will also benefits from it.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:33 PM, mostawda3 said:

I suggest to minimize long quotes' content, I know there is a quote collapse button, but is not automatic and not convenient

I agree with your suggestion and I thinkg that it is easy for a user to do what I did here quoting your original post and keeping only the part that I want to answer to. It does not mean that the rest of your post is not important but what I only wanted to give emphasis to.

I think that right now it's up to the users to understand that it is better not to quote at all a huge post/reply as it becomes difficult to read everything.

Edited by BTC Future

In fact, there is nothing to suggest but you will understand it yourself. If you do not understand then you will understand if you follow others.

Wow. That will be pretty good if what you suggested is taken. You know instead of reading it that way it kinda long and one will seem uninterested but what if it is minimize seem more better. 

your right,its so messy to look at this forum reading those reply that use quote where quote is longer than the answer. we should learn to use quotes properly.

quotes or posts that are long will indeed be displayed in accordance with those made by the user, and if someone replies to the quote, it will grow longer because there is no summary there. I agree if this is added to cryptotalk.

I think it is a good feature and will make the forum look better. Moderators will add many useful features for us in the near future and I hope that this feature will be one of them.

Yeah it is kinda annoying because I need to scroll down more because of extra  long quote. It is a good thing to open up a topic regarding in minimizing the quote. There is also another one the we may edit the quote where the exact sentence that we going to reply or interested.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:33, mostawda3 said:

Estimados miembros y moderadores, ¿no odian cuando la gente cita publicaciones extra largas?

Es un poco irritante y hace que leer publicaciones sea más difícil, así que sugiero minimizar el contenido de las citas largas, sé que hay un botón de colapso de citas, pero no es automático ni conveniente, este es un ejemplo de lo que estoy hablando :

Cita larga:

Minimizado:

quote.png.4b79ac08c362b54fee2d33615d4770d2.png

Esto facilitará la exploración de contenido y hará que el tema se vea ordenado y limpio,

No creo que invision haya implementado esta característica en su versión principal todavía, pero encontré este complemento Minimized Quote 1.2.0 que hace el trabajo, le pido amablemente a la Administración que verifique esta sugerencia y vea si es posible implementarla, gracias por leer

Excellent proposal, only show the title of the new topic when we want to quote the creator of the post and be able to expand it only if we want to review it, this would facilitate the reading of the posts

To minimize a quote, you can highlight the text and can quote it directly from the choices that come out after the highlighting is complete. Indeed, sometimes the choice does not come out. Repeat the highlighting until you see the option to quote the text.

image.png.b67bd68d94d0bb4c31eb1a80961d3a09.png

BTC: 3PmWotSGNLYiQtQgmRctqAAWVMtAayf282

I also did that before and I myself was annoyed so I decided to quote a certain part of the topic that I wanted to reply which is shorter. It's easier to understand and reading would be much more efficient.

This is true of the annoying of this matter because if you want to read any post you will need time to reach it and this is because of the long quotes and for this reason very few use the quote and if you want to use it then do this with small posts

I agree with you, the end of the quote must be set because it annoys me very much when I enter one of the posts and I want to read comments on it because because of the long quotations it took a very long time until I finish reading and for me I use the quote only times of extreme need

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Yes that is truth.. some user quote the whole post and then when we browse that then our browser need much time to slide down the post...so they should quote important things just..

When i was newbie at the forum.i was suggested by Mod to not quote the big content of the topic.Where the comment can become awkward for  readers.Their for i am avoiding the big content topic quoting.But some newbies does not know this and quoted the content.

• +2 1