Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote - Page 4 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
mostawda3

Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote

It's very important to dont quote the hole post if it's very long to keep the post clean ,because when you use the phone browser it's very hard to scroll down all the time and wait until the load of the page 

The only option for admins to setup quotes like that is first edit IPBoard's source code and then update it.

Or people can still minimize it by decreasing the amount of characters / words from a quote itself which therefore will make it more smaller even from the quotation feature itself.

• +2 1

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

I think minimizing the quote is already a feature of this forum, we can use it by clicking the message we only want to quote and the quote selection will be appear, only need to do is click the quote selection then the selection sentence only be quoted in your reply.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

What a good suggestion! I really like it but I think it's hard to make it because they have to change the engine of this forum if they wanted to make this feature! 

But I think member can help by selecting just what they want to quote !

11 hours ago, deboprotap said:

yes friend already many users used this feature.As quote long posts sometimes make users confused.So to make our forum more clean and specific we can click and drag our specific quote lines to make our comments.I normally used this feature when I have a good answer of that specific topic

Using quote selection will make the reply more easy to find out what you are pointing on the quoted topic. I think it will make to reply more clean and direct to the point. I hope many members use this whenever they want to quote a long post.

17 hours ago, Tine0313 said:

I think minimizing the quote is already a feature of this forum, we can use it by clicking the message we only want to quote and the quote selection will be appear, only need to do is click the quote selection then the selection sentence only be quoted in your reply.

Well, that's true mate, you can just highlighted the sentence that you want to quote then there's a option pop out and just click it, this is important as of now to lessen the long posts and also to not to annoy other members here in this forum.

• +1 1

I also think that this type of quote is really looking borring , we should never using quote option too much , this is really good if we mentioned instead of doing quote . this is well if quote is automatically in short form .

• +1 2

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

It is disappointing to see all the posts refered to by certain individuals which as a rule are extremely superfluous. Perhaps this is on the grounds that they don't have the foggiest idea how to do it right..

• +1 2

This option has been modified to allow part of the published topic to be quoted This amendment is very important because when quoting a specific part that contains a specific idea, the response to this particular idea will be more useful and focused. In the past, the quote included the whole topic without the ability to determine a part of it, and thus the inability to communicate the information or correct it well.

• +2 1

I think you have given a good suggestion because many members in this forum feel irritated in reading long quote. l think the best way we can do is to quote the specific words or sentence we want to response to So that many members will know what you are replying to than quoting the all text.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   

First when i was new member in this forum, i love to quoted the post becuase its the only way to  know i have make this comments for the post.. But unfortunately that time i also quoted long post which was lil bit Boring for the member.. So one day @Babubu609  advice me to dont do quoted long post and he also teach me how to quoted a post shortly..                    

• +2 1

2 hours ago, Dorjoy12 said:

So one day @Babubu609  advice me to dont do quoted long post and he also teach me how to quoted a post shortly.

@Dorjoy12 thank you for showing how much greatful and helpful my guide to you. I can see your post moving good in the forum you are improving and I am sure you will keep improving day by day when you keep learning and correcting most of your mistakes.

We have three(3) good ways to quote a post in any section of the forum you visit and since it is done to notify someone about his post them i will list the simple ways you use to avoid quoting long-long post in the forum, they include;;;;

1. The tagging feature-:: This feature enable users to make use of the "@" character to call the attention of anyone you want to quote.

2. The highlighting feature-:: This feature enable user to quote a long post by highlighting a specific sentence in the post of who you want to quote then click "quote selection" and write your contribution.

Thank you for reading.

• +4 1

10 hours ago, Solex said:

We have three(3) good ways to quote a post in any section of the forum you visit and since it is done to notify someone about his post them i will list the simple ways you use to avoid quoting long-long post in the forum, they include;;;;

1. The tagging feature-:: This feature enable users to make use of the "@" character to call the attention of anyone you want to quote.

2. The highlighting feature-:: This feature enable user to quote a long post by highlighting a specific sentence in the post of who you want to quote then click "quote selection" and write your contribution.

Thank you for reading.

They all appear to be good features for quoting posts in the forum but for i the the tagging feature will be more easier especially for someone like me who easily get confused when reading a long post. They are all nice features anyway.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:37 PM, gourav789 said:

I also think that this type of quote is really looking borring , we should never using quote option too much , this is really good if we mentioned instead of doing quote . this is well if quote is automatically in short form .

Even though it looks boring, this quote option will help this forum to clean in terms of replying in a certain comment because most of the members here are quoting all of the post which is very irritating to other members.

Yes that's right, whatever we are writing should look presentable. If people long quote it becomes difficult for the readers to browse through and he may lose interest in that post even if it contains a valuable information. So it is important to write your posts in a more presentable manner which can attract attention.

You can even slect some words to qoute them in your reply that option too is good and easy andif you want to adress someone you can ust simpley add his name after an @.

I do believe that you have a point, when there are extremely long posts and there is a need to quote then it becomes highly difficult to read through the comment section because this long qoutes will just block out all the messages. Since you have come up with a solution to the problem also it's a really good post.

I had no idea about this feature of quote. I see that the uses can select certain lines and sentences and reply specifically to such qoutes. I feel complete description of the users to use such features so that we can stress upon certain words and lines that they want to relate. It is up to the users to use such features and make more comments or posts out of it.

Yes you are right it is unnerving for those when the question is simple but true a long post but if there is some comment about something for this you must read it elementary due to the fact that by making a long post only they have all the chances to force you to understand

It will be a great idea to be using minimized quotes. Otherwise it is very irritating when the quoted comments were very long and we wants to scroll down for see other comments and it's annoying sometimes. If we use minimized quotes it will be helpful 

On 11/1/2019 at 9:38 PM, xBDT Script said:

It really is annoying to see the entire post quoted by some members which in most of the cases really unnecessary. May be it's because they do not know how to do it correctly.

This idea seems good but we can really make it better if we only quote the text we are replying instead of the whole post. Just like here what I did could be a good example.

Can you give me idea about this I want to know how to make this I want that what is in your comments I mean did you take screenshots or that is another way..

• +3 1

Yes this is interesting idea because I've seen some using long posts to quote and they answer with one line bellow, this is spam too and maybe the forum can minimize the quote and offer an option to expand it. Very useful idea from you friend.

14 hours ago, Mark wood said:

Can you give me idea about this I want to know how to make this I want that what is in your comments

@Mark wood i think i can give you the guidelines too about how to make a post quoted shorty.. Look my screenshots   ... First you hold your finger in the comment then mark those world that you want to discussion like i did.. Then you must click on quoted selection and thus you will be able to make a short post..       

Screenshot_20201009-075145.png

• +4 1

@Dorjoy12 thank you so much for your time I was really confused about that but you solve that and hope you will be there if we need help you will solve that 💗..

• +1 1