Tips To Detect Scam Websites - Page 5 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Cryptohash

Tips To Detect Scam Websites

Pay attention to the address bar,check the domain name,look up the domain age,watch for poor grammar and spelling,look for reliable contact information,use only secure payment options, walk away from deals that are too good to be true ...

• +5 1

yes thats useful way to find scams on internet.

I think the best way to avoid scam is not to be greedy because greediness is the reason many people get scammed.

Never believe for free money .No one will give you money for free.Never believe for investing low amount and get high amount of return in future .

If you are going to use any site then just search about the website on trustpilot or those review site you will find your answer.

When ever i have dought on any site i just copy his addresa and go to alexa website their i can easily see all site details and verify his authenticy whetheir is scamming or authentic site..

• 1: Detect clones. A lot of scam websites just pretend to be a well-known one (famous brand, or bank official website for...
  • 2: Google is your friend. Google’s search algorithm now strongly takes into account the reputation of websites in its...
  • 3: Check the identity of an online merchant. Many scammers use a simple technique
  • +3 1

By follow your guideline (check virus)

I found that there's one website that i visit almost everyday have virus.

After that, i bought an anti virus software for my computer

Very useful tutorial post. with all this fraud sites everywhere, one can be sure if it is a legit site or not. i normally use to google the sites for review before registering.

I think this information is very useful to everyone, especially me and thanks for the information because I can learn a lot about overcoming scam website ☺️

@Cryptohash Reading reviews is really helpful but these days I have seen scammers had managed to make good reviews which are paid or from bot. So I think we should check the trust score of project and take views from community members like Cryptotalk. So we get genuine reviews and answer about the project only.

• +3 2

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

If a site tells me to pay certain amount to get double, then it is 100% scam, there ate many site like that, we should be careful of them, making proper research will help. Like cloud mining, offering 10% daily profit, it is clear that it is a scam too. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Or you could also search it on google whether the website that you accessing is legit or not. There are legit websites that reviews other websites and tell whether those are legit or not. First, I check the website and whether if it is secured then if I still feel sketchy, I would rely on the website reviews that I'll get on google.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

1 hour ago, Viscount said:

Or you could also search it on google whether the website that you accessing is legit or not. There are legit websites that reviews other websites and tell whether those are legit or not. First, I check the website and whether if it is secured then if I still feel sketchy, I would rely on the website reviews that I'll get on google.

Some people are ignorant and very greedy, until they are taught lesson they will not understand that scammers are real, if not for their greed, they would have used common sense to avoid such scam. 

• +2 1

GanBin, you are right, some people are very selfish and greedy, yesterday, I was on pay to click site, it brings me new videos to watch, I saw one of interest and click on it, I saw to pay 0.002 btc to collect 0.006 btc. Some people will be scammed just because they do not do proper research and also because they are greedy.

search ico's team one by one and find her Twitter link if those people are already part of any other icon or project and whether those exist or not

Quality of defining scam and untrusted projects and websites is very useful in contemporary world where there are a lot of different scam projects. These tips are definitely useful and everyone can use them to avoid money and time losses 

I am already know this how to find or how to find out sites which is scam or fake. Just we need to see reviews first because this is so important to find out scam sites and its help us lot. Thanks for sharing this 

Another way to find out if a site is a scam or not, is to use some different sites that rate sites & also publish comments from users of the sites mentioned.

Google Scam Advisor, Trust Pilot, Site Jabber & Web Of Trust ( WOB ). But take care when using these sites. If you see a bunch of positive comments from members, they could be part of the scam. Take time to read the reviews. The scammers also use these sites now to upload false reviews.

• Useful or interesting 1

Earn Free Bit-Coins. Every hour you can win up to $200 USD in BTC.

https://freebitco.in/?r=41529082

1100388917_FreeBitco_in3.png.3817f1e8269d8e972cacf1276f358331.png

On 10/9/2020 at 8:33 PM, Randall80 said:

My way of detecting fraudulent pages is when they tell me that they will make me a millionaire in no time. Making money takes time and effort so when a company promises you very good things in a very short time you should immediately be suspicious.
It is better to invest in platforms that already have a track record and proof that they do pay.

Yup this is the most easiest and best way to spot a scam sites, when they told you that they will give us so much money in a day or a hour that's what we have to think they are a scam sites and we should stay away from them.

• +3 1

Also use the whois websites that will give you more information. Sometimes there are many clues in this search for the domain name provider and the details given there, although it would be better not to risk with anything as if there is a website that is real and not a scam you will read about it from trusted sources.

Scammers are very trained in the present context. I use some search engines first & I decide to make general decisions later. You suggestions in your topic are also good & such tips also work to detect the scam websites.We can also use antivirus software to block fake websites. 

O well good u put the awesome points that can help someone from being hacked through scams website. Surely if somebody follows your tips than he could get some idea about the website that it is scam or not . Still it will help them not to lose their money easily. 

You could also search the website and read some so you'll knew whether a website is a scam or not. There are a lot of websites out there that are made to scam people and we should be aware of this kinds of schemes so that we'll not fall for those.

Thank you so much for this post in few numbers you are right we always first completely searching about new platform  always review full site and check link on google check his approval info etc 

I think some of their scam sites use the same theme and only have different domain names. To avoid scam sites and wallets, we hope to better save the original site address through bookmarks.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:35 PM, Cryptohash said:

6 Useful tips which will help you to find Scam sites

Check link is totally virus free using - Virus Total

Check website is secure or not - Near website name in left corner

Search -> Website name + Review

Content search - Copy paste all content - To google search

Any Programs with team member -> copy paste all there photo in google image and check for image detail.

Check and Report - scamadviser

If you got any good idea other than this or any stuff to be added 🙂 you can share below

Thank you so much for this information. There are many scam websites in the online and many people are loosing their money in these scam platforms. So this post is very useful and helpful to keep secured our money from the scam websites. Thanks a lot for sharing this important topic and we should follow these steps to avoid the scam websites. 

I will also share my accumulated experience. Always check what kind of certification the project has. Many projects have fake certificates. Also what protection systems does it have will be SSL DDOS COMODO or other