How to Identify Cryptocurrency Scams - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dextrolker

How to Identify Cryptocurrency Scams

How do people usually see if something in this cryptocurrencies world is a scam? Emails, websites, products, icos, etc... what is your way of protecting yourself from these scams?

At least when a proposal is far from reality with unsustainable percentages it is an indication of a scam, if something is too good to be true it usually is not.

• Useful or interesting 6
  • -2 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

It's simple i think but this is my experience, scammers Always seducing us and looking very rushed with a variety of fantastic seduction. We can do various steps such as, using malware or antivirus, this prevents the entry of malware into our PC and of course do not just open the link to open the e-mail. Install etheraddresslookup to prevent phising and the last one for spotting fake ICOs, You can visit this fake ICO presented by SEC to educate us. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3920469.180 Cheers

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

I believe that with experience you can easily distinguish scam from a normal airdrop, due to improved analytical data and the resulting set with a list of trusted and relevant airdrops

• +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Получай 20% с комиссии торговли при Регистрирации на бирже Binance

꧁×-×-$-$-$-$-×-×꧂

| Beyond | -  заставляет тебя расти как криптана👀

I will tell you about airdrops and different promotions of different new sites, they give you a reward for inviting friends, but all this is so suspicious, as a result, some sites disappear and do not pay anything, and someone typing users somewhere freezes, and does not issue awards. It is of course very sad

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

you should look about what people and expert traders are saying  about the project and the coin , then search about the project team and what they already dont from the weallpaper .

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

I generally stick to well known exchanges, and trade well known coins. I don't open suspicious emails, and I generally stay away from websites that deal with crypto that I don't trust. I don't really know if there is a definitive answer, because scammers and hackers are getting really creative and very clever now days! I think the best is just to stick to sites that are well known, that you trust, and trade coins that are also well known.

Obviously there is the usual: don't use the same password on all websites and change them regularly, make sure your email is secure all the time, don't share your passwords with anyone, use 2FA whenever possible, don't share private information or private keys, etc, etc.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

Right now it is very easy since, if there is not a good thread in bitcointalk it is likely to be, although it is not decisive, the work team can greatly influence it and its whitepaper, usually they have no vision in their Exchange.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

by experience. crypto scam start from their team. take example miracle tele. we are know this is the best token, especially for investing. it's start scam when their team betray each others. when showing wrong sign, some member in telegram know this, and be true now.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

Based on my experiences, they have the same ui and exactly same type of promoting their sites. Remember those sites that promises 100 dollars when you sign up? Well you know the drill, there's no way a people will give you their money without any type of bribery.

• +1 1
  • +3 2

17 hours ago, Zeela said:

It is not easy to identify scam project. They are wiser than you thought. They have plan for a long period of time and if they are caught then they didn't plan it well.

Well yes, although there are many people who are dedicated to determine who are behind the projects and do very deep research, in Bitcointalk there are many who are like that.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

we have to look at the whitepaper project, sometimes the scam project only copies from other whitepaper projects, we can check on the free antiplagiarism website, after that we have to see the team that made the project and find out the authenticity of its identity

• +1 1
  • +4 2

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

anything that looks too good to be true probably is just another scam, free money givers are scammers, 99 percent of ICOs are scammers and so on ...

Simple, don't trust anyone that offers you that you can earn high profit in a short time if you invest to them, it's a scam. If you want to invest in crypto, you can choose in the top coinmarketcap, they are trusted coins.

• +1 3
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

3 hours ago, cutecute said:

Well it very easy to avoid and detect scammers. Always remember that when an email or text message offers you to have some cryptocurrency rewards if you do such thing like deposit some coins and then your reward will be in your wallet, well if you see something like that it is obviously scam, nothing is free in the internet except for those companies that really gives you reward if you do certain task, you can easily differentiate the two.

there are many scam projects too, It's not always in the email

there are scam coins, scam ICOs, scam IEOs and many more ...

On 10/26/2019 at 7:05 AM, Zeela said:

It is not easy to identify scam project. They are wiser than you thought. They have plan for a long period of time and if they are caught then they didn't plan it well.

Thank you for this comments, this is the same thing I have been trying to explain in some.other post. This scammers are also just as good and are putting everything into making their project super genuine and more difficult to detect even we see exchange that are scams now and not just the crypto project.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

Fraudsters always offer overly favorable conditions. for example: we will double your bitcoin. It is usually enough to ask yourself: why should a stranger make you rich, and you will understand that this is a hoax.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 2

with these many number of scams the only way is to consider everything scam until you research about it and find out that's actually not a scam

It seems to me that if startupers really adhere to a business plan, they will do everything possible to identify themselves and create a unique brand. Thus, the lack of identification can be considered the first sign of insecurity.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

pxf.jpg

If the project site does not have information about the project team, it is better not to invest in such a project. Also check how much money the ICOs project raised. You can also check the project estimate at icobench.com

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

On 10/26/2019 at 4:37 AM, dextrolker said:

How do people usually see if something in this cryptocurrencies world is a scam? Emails, websites, products, icos, etc... what is your way of protecting yourself from these scams?

To identify if the project is a scam. You only need to check the team behind this if they didn't show any info about it then think twice about it because they may run after the ico.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

The email they sent to you check the sender address you will be seeing something similar to the original address but it might just differ from a symbol or letter. That way you will identify a phishing email

• +2 1
  • +3 2

If you already been scammed, i think common sense will do. but if you dont have any experience of scam. just always avoid online services and always do a search.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

When a company offers more ico with less price, when a company attitude as hype sites, when a company have no any activity in social sites, when a company offer more interest, when a company offers more airdrops, when a company demand kyc before launching we should know they are actually doing scamme.

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +4 1

Well, if you are an active on the internet world, in just common sense you will detected if this person is scammer or not by simply observed them to their intention if money or not.

• +2 1