New topics are not getting as much attention - Page 3 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kyoukage01

New topics are not getting as much attention

I think people should be aware of the fact that we can sort comments by the new ones instead of the default sorting of the updated comment ones. When people change the sort by option at the top extreme right of the website we can see the new comments.

The topic attention for each new posts can be enhanced by ensuring that the forum gives more importance to good contents and eventually if the ratings and reactions are high enough, the posts would get good attention it deserves.

This may be due to the fact that many new posts may not have enough reputation or likes. If the post gets more reactions many people will be ready to check it out. If the post has no valuable information or if it is a repeated one people checking it out will be none or very less.

On 8/12/2020 at 1:45 AM, kyoukage01 said:

This trend has been going on for quite a few months now. I have been silent about this for a while, but I feel like I have to speak out about it now.

I am talking about the prevalent inactivity on the newer topics compared to older ones. How come barely a few members post on new topics compared to older ones? If you don't believe me, here is proof:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b03e033625098d01862535f36573af93.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e7c970b9facca3fd396b2b043e4e112a.png

This trend is not limited to that particular section in those pictures. Just about every other section in the English forum suffers from the same fate.

If members are worrying about new topics getting deleted, new topics are generally safe a week after being created, but even those don't have as much comment as one would expect.

There is also the advice of how to pick good topics, new or old, to post on, as many senior members have admonished over the course of the life of this forum.

I am not forcing everyone to post more on new topics, but members should at least consider giving them a bit of attention. This especially holds true for members who post large volumes of content daily. Posting on older but relevant topics is okay, but you run the risk of merely repeating the idea of someone else (technically not against rules if not copy/pasted, but reading the same idea over and over is going to be a bore), or rehashing what you've just said if you already posted on it over and over and over again (a mod might call you out with spamming violation for this).

And if you guys complain repeatedly about the forum's lack of new posts but then ignore the new posts created, then please stop complaining.

The problem is that most members don't know how to sort out new topics they just click on any topic interested to them but recently someone has already create a topic about it with deep explanation.

If the post has no valuable information or if it is repeated, people will check it out and none or very few.  It’s usually very important to know the most recent news and I don’t want to miss anything important

I think this is only because for what you said, they are older posts. New ones get attention too but older have been read by everyone. The new posts are read from members when they are active and read them. Also I've seen that perhaps in the past there were more members at some time and now there are less because some countries were banned. Maybe it is this reason.

• +1 1

On 8/12/2020 at 4:18 AM, Ridam said:

I have also seen the ignorance for new thread and and after even 10_12 seen in mine topics I don't get reply or comments at starting. And i think it's because our post are seen by people lacking the knowledge about it and thye got confused either to reply or not in mine opinion. 

Personally i prefer commenting on new topics as we could get new updates with them about recent time Crypto world.

Participating or rather commenting on new topics is good but as for me I think some new topics needs an observation first even if you see it to be useful it's better to give it some time before you can comment in it because some topics get deleted,sometimes after being published because it's only the moderators who can judge the qualityness of a post.

• +2 1

You are very right my dear, I am too have change this late because I was only reply and read the post that was on the top of the forum but I am learn these post are not the latest but the last replied and now I am use the short for the new member and I am replay to the new post first because they are the one that can be have the most useful for us now.

• +2 1

not always,but sometimes this is true, because you need to create interesting topics for everyone and then people will pay more attention.

I am always looking at new topics but for the last few days I don't because everything is getting deleted with the spam posts that filled the forum. I don't understand how these people did not read the rules while they are on a big alert on the top of the page. I will not make a post right now because it will probably be deleted along with everything else that has been posted lately, there is no other way to deal with it.

• +2 1

Note that we are not many users in cryptotalk, perhaps because one does not realize the post that he publishes or it is not what he is looking for regarding your post, it is that there are many alternatives.

The is the main thing that many new members are join this site even they don't know what to posts that is the only reason so we have to be continue the post we have some experience that the post is created by newbie or and expert..

New posts are usually not displayed in the main menu, therefore new posts get less attention, it's better if New posts are prioritized over old posts, because the discussion of old posts has expired time and cannot be discussed anymore, while new posts still have weight to discuss

It really happened, if you post in the primary section at least your topic will get a lot of answers.  However there are many members who have been banned and many no longer work here so they are not able to be active in new topics for which you are getting less attention from people in your posts.

From my own point of view most of the old topics contain the necessary informations every member needs to know and that is why most people prefer to respond to old topics ahead of the new topics. Most of the new topics are just trying to explain further what were discussed in the old topics which is why some of the new topics are being deleted.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Yes, unfortunately, most of the members publish comments only. As for publishing new and useful topics, it is very few, so I always try to publish new topics so that they are useful.
Bonuses should be increased on useful topics in order to encourage members to give more time to publish new topics.

I noticed first hand that lately all new posts are getting deleted because probably from the big spam we see and maybe it is a good reason not to notice any of the new posts. I don't know how hard it is for the moderators but I feel with them and I understand every effort they make to reduce this problem to a minimum.

• +2 1

New themes sometimes lack added value and more open analysis, that is, it can be a very spectacular theme, but the creator did not make an effort to give it a good plot, where research and knowledge are relegated to the background. This is only seen above, it is only by observing the titles and there we notice that they do not even arouse interest.

• +4 1

What happens in that case is that there is also the risk that the publications will be eliminated because perhaps they do not follow the rules of the forum or because it is a topic that is repeated, they much prefer to answer in old topics because if they delete their post It is theirs instead if they delete the topic because you automatically lose your answer and it is a shame, but as who says rules are rules, even if you have made a good answer, if the topic is not relevant or repeated the administrators or simply does not comply the rules the topic goes and your comment too, that's why the members are going to answer the old topics and honestly I do too

@kyoukage01
Doublication of topic in the forum is somehow bordering me when i don't know whether is lack of literacy or just to say he has written a similar topic to seems have positive reaction as counterpart. And that is why old much considered than new ones. This supposed to have come to an end

Edited by mahmud93

Most users like to reply old topics than new ones because alot new topic are created by new intake and they are considering wether the topic exist or not and as we all  know most recently doublication will be remove. That is why are scaring to reply new topics

It is one of the great fears of creating new topics, which generally, as you have noticed, are not read or commented on, and may for that reason be eliminated, I think that for the community to survive and we all have a good volume of work we must support us, just as they support someone's issue, that someone support the issue of others and thus, it is a chain

Members of this forum ignore new topics because they fear that their posts will get deleted as this new topics might get deleted and so they reply to older topics that have been on the forum for more than a week as they are sure that these topics will not be deleted.

On something like that, it might be a fear of new post getting easily removed, but that's not a judgement to say that making new post is bad, but what I said of new post getting removed on some scenario is real. But not to scare people from making post

• +2 1

Older topics have more visibility because they have more comments and many people are based on other opinions. And many new topics are not being so useful, which leads to deletion and deleted comments together.