New topics are not getting as much attention - Page 4 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kyoukage01

New topics are not getting as much attention

Well there are spammers here who want to make this platform destroy. While there are good enough good posts are creating on daily basis where new ideas are discussing and many people are getting good benefit from it. You are also right but spammers are harmful for this platform.

@kyoukage01 interesting remark and this is true, generally the members went back to old topics. Because of precaution to avoid the deletion of their post. So the old topics if they are there without deletion have more confidence than new topics, they don't if will be deleted or no!

• +1 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Apperently ignore has become more noticed comapred to the last time and members or lets say some of the spammers they only specific things only as they focus onto older posts rather than the new ones as they would get caught very easily on a first page of the content.

• +1 1

Great information my friend. This is really helpful I really think that new posts deserves better attention because there can be topics that are really informative and creative. But people always think that those tend to be useless and will get removed.

• +1 1

On 10/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, Sdarow98 said:

I am very neutral in this area, as I like old comments as well as new ones.

On 10/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, Sdarow98 said:

I can say that you have to be neutral. Read old and new comments and discuss which of them has better development, being specific and detailed as you read.

I have been waiting for someone to comment with a neutral stance, because that is exactly the whole point of this topic. There should be more members with like minds as yours.

On 10/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, Oxygen99 said:

From my own point of view most of the old topics contain the necessary informations every member needs to know and that is why most people prefer to respond to old topics ahead of the new topics. Most of the new topics are just trying to explain further what were discussed in the old topics which is why some of the new topics are being deleted.

True. This is especially so with new members who do not bother themselves with using the search button feature. But then again, part of the blame also falls on old topics with poorly-made titles that do not properly match with the content. Even older members such as myself can make mistakes if we are writing topics but there is already an older one with similar content, but with such misleading titles (and lack of proper tags) that we missed it when using the search button.

On 10/29/2020 at 12:49 AM, tienda said:

@kyoukage01 interesting remark and this is true, generally the members went back to old topics. Because of precaution to avoid the deletion of their post. So the old topics if they are there without deletion have more confidence than new topics, they don't if will be deleted or no!

If this is about most of the new spam and copy/paste topics made during October this year, they deserve a different kind of attention - a banhammer from the mods.

Those are not the kind of new topics that we should bother commenting on at all. So all members should be even more careful where to post nowadays. As always, check first if the new posts do not violate anything; and if it's not, then it may be safe.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

6 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

part of the blame also falls on old topics with poorly-made titles that do not properly match with the content

You are actually right but that is why we all need to read the content of the topic not the title alone because content of a topic explains more about what a topic is discussing, so for everyone reading this i am advising us to always make sure we read the content of a topic as well as the tittle to avoid responding out of content which will definitely make you to receive warning point from the moderators.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

The forum used to be flooded with thousands of people and the truth is we need to really keep on trying and understanding everything the right effort today is to make sure that we are able to understand what we have to do to make sure that we do follow new topics and the truth is we need some change and the work should be perfectly well organized, most people are here to make a very quick reply and move right on

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I think because users are afraid about the deleted topic specially the new topic who are posted by the new users don't still in the session for a long time they are deleted because of poor quality, that's why people need to read any topic before talk about it 

• +1 1

I wont say this is a problem. Most people respond to old contents mainly because they know there are not spams or the information they needed is on the topic. The forum has a lot of information and some people just repeat what others said before and those topics are deleted alongside with the comments

• +2 1

The issue with the new Topics is that as they are new so most of the people think that let's wait if the topic is not been deleted than we will post here, so eventually new Topics get less attention.

3 hours ago, scorpiali said:

I think because users are afraid about the deleted topic specially the new topic who are posted by the new users don't still in the session for a long time they are deleted because of poor quality, that's why people need to read any topic before talk about it 

Well, they can still read it and clarify if that topic is useless or a quality post so that they can able to do posting there, Don't be afraid for this new topics because you only need to do is to verify it.

• +1 1

10 minutes ago, Mcd0d0 said:

Well, they can still read it and clarify if that topic is useless or a quality post so that they can able to do posting there, Don't be afraid for this new topics because you only need to do is to verify it.

I'm not afraid about new topic to be honest I read and talk in any topic I like and specially if I have something to talk about,except the poor post and low quality too because I know that will be deleted soon and my post with it

• +2 1

9 minutes ago, scorpiali said:

I'm not afraid about new topic to be honest I read and talk in any topic I like and specially if I have something to talk about,except the poor post and low quality too because I know that will be deleted soon and my post with it

Well, i said that for everybody here in this forum so that they will not posting in low quality topics to avoid being deleted their post, that's good for you mate because you're already know this kind of situation, just keep it up.

• +1 1

Unfortunately, many are not encouraged to respond to new topics, for fear of deleting the topic and thus deleting the comments that fall under it. But if we suggest to the administration to amend the system for accepting new publications, so that they are published only after approval, so I think the problem will be solved.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2

I do not think so, I have seen all topics getting attention on this forum, new topics also get attention. But there are some topics that are deleted, I know they will be deleted because they have no meaning, maybe that is what you are talking about. 

The reason is because some users are just waiting for someone to comment or reply to get knowledge about that topic. Also, maybe they also check if that post will get viral or popular so they can reply on other's comment on that post.

I think this is due to the Dollars coin airdrop and the excitement around it, and many who took part in the action wrote messages in the old topics, since new topics were very often deleted. I personally did not take part in the drop, but I followed what was happening

If the post gets more reactions many people will be ready to check it out. If the post has no valuable information or if it is a repeated one people checking it out will be none or very less.

On 8/12/2020 at 3:45 AM, kyoukage01 said:

This trend has been going on for quite a few months now. I have been silent about this for a while, but I feel like I have to speak out about it now.

I am talking about the prevalent inactivity on the newer topics compared to older ones. How come barely a few members post on new topics compared to older ones? If you don't believe me, here is proof:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b03e033625098d01862535f36573af93.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e7c970b9facca3fd396b2b043e4e112a.png

This trend is not limited to that particular section in those pictures. Just about every other section in the English forum suffers from the same fate.

If members are worrying about new topics getting deleted, new topics are generally safe a week after being created, but even those don't have as much comment as one would expect.

There is also the advice of how to pick good topics, new or old, to post on, as many senior members have admonished over the course of the life of this forum.

I am not forcing everyone to post more on new topics, but members should at least consider giving them a bit of attention. This especially holds true for members who post large volumes of content daily. Posting on older but relevant topics is okay, but you run the risk of merely repeating the idea of someone else (technically not against rules if not copy/pasted, but reading the same idea over and over is going to be a bore), or rehashing what you've just said if you already posted on it over and over and over again (a mod might call you out with spamming violation for this).

And if you guys complain repeatedly about the forum's lack of new posts but then ignore the new posts created, then please stop complaining.

EDIT : My personal 'Top Answer/s' picks!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Of course the fact is that people are feared on responding to a new topics because mostly of the new topics are created by newbies who ae always posting low quality post

• +3 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

4 hours ago, Gomez12 said:

I think it's good to wait for few days not rush to comment on some new topic created if

@Gomez12 its good idea you have mentioned..  But if you have the ability of find out good topic that recently created then you should make a post in those topic..  Usually senior member make good topic so you can post on their topic without any fear of lose your post..  But you can follow the step as i mentioned and what you have said....  Dont make a comment on those topic that contain useless information plus make useless question ..         

On 11/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, SuperCrypto said:

But if we suggest to the administration to amend the system for accepting new publications, so that they are published only after approval, so I think the problem will be solved.

Well, this is a good idea for us and also for the forum to avoid having some duplicate topics and also to lessen the work of moderators here to find some topics which us already published in this forum.

• +2 3

6 hours ago, kenan 1 said:

Note that we must publish what is really useful and new for everyone

@kenan 1 published new topic mean there contain different kind of information which will be surely helpful for other members... We always want unique topic in our forum that recently make rush in crypto world or in past..  But a think we need to remember that we shouldn’t copy or paste from another source because it will lead us to get punish... Also you can give the link of Source in your topic to make your account secure..             

• +3 1

I think this is happening because the new users are not creating much useful topics that are not worthy of replies or people think they are not. That is why they are been getting less replies.

the only reason that makes sense to this is same what you mentioned , being afraid if the posts getting deleted , foe many members here even 20 posts are hard to complete depends on their writing speed and their time , but i agree with you that those posts that didn't get deleted within a week are safe and members should pay attention to them 

this problem also happens with comments since most people give reputation to comments in first page of the topic and  not bother to see the next pages

• +2 1