Twitter Blocks Tweets with Cryptocurrency Addresses But What About Facebook? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Twitter Blocks Tweets with Cryptocurrency Addresses But What About Facebook?

Due to the last wide-spread attack on the major US-based major figures like Joe Biden and Bill Gates, among many others, now Twitter has restricted sharing the Tweets with cryptocurrency deposit addresses. Users are noticing this type of error while trying to create a new tweet with BTC address.  

1833988265_Screenshot(7).png.587b524d85f1392f77a03698845e02d2.png

Well, Twitter has done this after that terrible incident but what about Facebook which is still letting users to share BTC address? I have some example which can be still seen under Skrill latest posts. Have a look at them.
Look, this is scam Skrill's page with the same name but scammers are spreading the well-known scam trap on the official Facebook page of Skrill. Scammer has also given some reactions to his posts by using fake accounts.

1887495778_Screenshot(3).png.0caeb3d23e273fe7653d8c18a2baceb2.png

Always check whether there is an "Author" tag or not otherwise you will easily fall into their trap. 

1787598147_Screenshot(4).png.d2f7b5f71261c5a2736e84ce3b6fc15f.png

I think Facebook and other social media platforms should also do the same to protect so many users from this world, what do you think? 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 6
  • +4 3
  • +5 5

The worst part I've ever seen is hopeless junkie accounts asking for crypto in twitter and telegram by spamming their ETH address. It was what I was always afraid of, an internet full of beggars. Anyway, these giveaway scams have managed to catch much fish and steal their funds. It is a despicable act, but seriously can't people think that they are just sending their money to someone they don't even know who it is? Wait for a second and think of it ffs.

Edited by BTC Future
  • +1 4
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

13 hours ago, BTC Future said:

t seriously can't people think that they are just sending their money to someone they don't even know who it is? Wait for a second and think of it ffs.

@BTC Future you're right mate I really feel sympathy on those peoples who still not understand this type scams,everyday they heard these scams in Internet then also they invest in this scam projects, how foolishness is this everyday scammers active in social media platform's and post this fake projects details, but its our awareness to think then invest Twitter take good decision to restricted crypto address, but I don't think other platforms do this type

Its my personal suggestions for those greedy peoples don't show your greedy nature everywhere in this crypto world anyone not gives 1000% percent profit in our investment pls keep distance this fake projects and save your money.

• +2 2
  • +3 2

Actually this is a good measure Twitter has come forward with. With the big scam that happened in Twitter,  it is obvious that they have to take some measure because it questions their security system. I think facebook users are not much engaged in crypto world. Also their is no way to differentiate official accounts of big personalities in Facebook. So people will not believe if what happened to Twitter happens in fb.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

4 hours ago, P A Ashif said:

I think facebook users are not much engaged in crypto world. Also their is no way to differentiate official accounts of big personalities in Facebook. 

So many bounty and airdrop campaigns are still promoting their business on Facebook ! You might see so many cryptocurrency related groups or pages on Facebook so  clearly there are more active and engaged users even on Facebook too 😊 So scammers are finding the ways to cheat users everywhere. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

20 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Look, this is scam Skrill's page with the same name but scammers are spreading the well-known scam trap on the official Facebook page of Skrill. Scammer has also given some reactions to his posts by using fake accounts.

@Whited35 Good information... Twitter have done a very good action to block those tweets with wallet addresses, this is a big issue and those scammers may have many plans and targets to attack other social networks. If facebook will not do something, am not sure but there is a big percent for some facebook users to lose their money. 

• +2 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

I think that Twitter was expected to restrict tweets especially those that contain addresses for cryptocurrencies, after the recent penetration of the most important accounts of global figures in Twitter and their use of cryptocurrency addresses in order to steal money

• +1 1

Twitter is not safe anymore where we think is best place to have decent information but now i have to careful on twitter as well i have leave F.B and only use for occasionally .Looks like all the social media platform are crumbling against hackers where Mac security is also breach many times.But we can't hold our horses because of this we need to take some extra precautions likes 2FA protection,mobile number attachment ,adding recovery mail to the account and specially add log in code verification to the accounts.The scammers would not stop we have to spread more awareness like you to other crypto users to have safety.

• +2 1

I think that Twitter was expected to restrict tweets especially those that contain addresses for cryptocurrencies, With the big scam that happened in Twitter,  it is obvious that they have to take some measure because it questions their security system.I think,That's why we should all be careful to give strong social media passwords and not share our passwords with anyone 

• +2 1

I do not think facebook is as much influential as twitter for crypto. Also People for EU and USA don't use facebook that much. Its mostly popular on ASIA. But still we should be careful and spread these hacking news so that people won;t trust and send their money in this kind of giveaway. I don't think anything else is needed for facebook.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■     PEER-TO-PEER MULTI-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM     ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━    Free TON    ━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━

|► DECLARATION OF DECENTRALIZATION |   FORUM   |   TON SURF   |► BECOME AN AMBASSADOR |

It seems that Twitter made this step because of the breaches that occurred to reduce fraud. As for Facebook, I do not think that it will take this step and no posts will be withheld.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:29 PM, estee369 said:

I do not think facebook is as much influential as twitter for crypto. Also People for EU and USA don't use facebook that much. 

How did you know that 😊? Facebook is one of the most used social media. Do you think, if hackers able to hack Facebook based major figures in the crypto scam, only Asian based users get affected ? I think Facebook should also enable some features to censor crypto address in order to prevent its users from falling into the trap of scammers. 

• +5 2

17 hours ago, Whited35 said:

How did you know that 😊? Facebook is one of the most used social media. Do you think, if hackers able to hack Facebook based major figures in the crypto scam, only Asian based users get affected ? I think Facebook should also enable some features to censor crypto address in order to prevent its users from falling into the trap of scammers. 

Hackers weren't using very smart tactics in twitter hack to begin with. They would have made so much money just with market manipulation by fud combined with shorting.

Blocking addresses is just a patch for this specific attack.

• +2 2
  • +4 2

On 7/17/2020 at 6:19 PM, BTC Future said:

Anyway, these giveaway scams have managed to catch much fish and steal their funds.

Yeah, greedy individuals. I do not think anyone in the right state of mind would fall into such cheap scam.

On 7/17/2020 at 5:53 PM, Whited35 said:

I think Facebook and other social media platforms should also do the same to protect so many users from this world, what do you think?

Well, it is a good move on their own part but definitely the deed has been done and it won't prevent future ones, cryptans need to be aware and be less vulnerable. A scammer might not put address directly, he can just put a link to redirect to a new place were the address can be seen and used for fraudulent acts and people fall into it again. Awareness and less greediness is the permanent solution.

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 2

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

15 minutes ago, rekter said:

Blocking addresses is just a patch for this specific attack.

True that. Have a look at my attached screenshots where scammers are openly asking for deposit with the fake promotion. Users who have no idea about this scam, they are more likely to fall into their trap so I think blocking such addresses might still play a vital role to protect user. Thanks. 

• +3 2

The hack was pictured with Twitter. As for Facebook, there was no risk to their account, so if any fraud occurred to investors, the reason is stupidity and lack of attention.

• +4 1

18 hours ago, Raqeebzy said:

A scammer might not put address directly, he can just put a link to redirect to a new place were the address can be seen and used for fraudulent acts and people fall into it again. Awareness and less greediness is the permanent solution.

@Raqeebzy What the points 😍 ! So, it is more likely to bring the serious problem in the near future, scammers are finding the new tricks one after another. Recently, I was surprised to see a Trojan attack targeting to macOS. Clearly, we are still expecting the advanced technology to prevent fraudsters.

• +3 2

On 18/7/2020 at 13:44, estee369 said:

The user  @Whited35  I take off the question 👍 

I think it is a comment that one should defend if one dares to say that Facebook is not popular in the EU or the US,  when those that exist and are available, say otherwise.

In fact, neither Twitter nor Facebook are popular at ASI, where similar networks exist. In China for example it is something of national security, not to use Facebook or Twitter.

Twitter, ty for #bitcoin but... anyone should have already changed their email, their password and reset the double factor and if possible change the phone number.

• +2 1
  • +3 2

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

1 hour ago, alexisfuentes said:

Twitter, ty for #bitcoin but... anyone should have already changed their email, their password and reset the double factor and if possible change the phone number.

@alexisfuentesNicely tackled  👌 ! I have done these all things after noticing that last hacking incident on Twitter. You may have also known that, it is the 6th time that hackers created the biggest attack against Twitter to misuse according to their needs. As the biggest social media platform Facebook, I am also more concerned towards it, dude ! 

• +1 1
  • +5 2

22 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@Raqeebzy What the points 😍 ! So, it is more likely to bring the serious problem in the near future, scammers are finding the new tricks one after another. Recently, I was surprised to see a Trojan attack targeting to macOS. Clearly, we are still expecting the advanced technology to prevent fraudsters.

Yeah, that is what I also expect and believe in coming days, a more sophisticated security system that will make the app almost invulnerable to hacking and the likes; clearly they can do better. And I know all these hackers and scammers never sleep or rest, they love challenge, they want to penetrate even the best security system in the world until they achieve their illegal activities. That's why I said the permanent solution is to be very careful on our part.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

On 7/25/2020 at 11:07 AM, Raqeebzy said:

And I know all these hackers and scammers never sleep or rest, they love challenge, they want to penetrate even the best security system in the world until they achieve their illegal activities.

Wrongly, I signed up to a platform by using my twitter account 3 years ago. Scammer is still sending me spam email even now by using different addresses but message is same. I have a huge question mark against google devs as they have not implemented auto prevention of spam mail like Outlook does. Twitter just started to block, I heard a rumor, Facebook is also into it. 

• +3 1
  • +4 1

1 hour ago, Whited35 said:

Wrongly, I signed up to a platform by using my twitter account 3 years ago. Scammer is still sending me spam email even now by using different addresses but message is same. I have a huge question mark against google devs as they have not implemented auto prevention of spam mail like Outlook does. Twitter just started to block, I heard a rumor, Facebook is also into it. 

To stop receiving those emails, you might just need to make them all and report as spams. I have also received similar spam emails in the past (still receiving some) and after reporting them, they didn't come directly into my Inbox never again. You can try that.

Twitter is doing a great work, Facebook is trying too.

• +3 1

scammers have been using social media for years, who doesn't remember hyip sites? who doesn't remember PTC sites? many scammers create Hyip sites and post links on social networks and PTC sites created by scammers did the same thing and social networks allowed this, but in the case of cryptocurrencies, social networks started to block

• +2 1

Facebook is still thinking. I don't know when they launch. But I am waiting for it because the Facebook Crypto currency will enter with great potential.

• -1 1

@Whited35 I also think the feature should be implemented on Facebook as there are numerous people claiming to be trading expert and looting people by luring them to invest after showing fake profit proof.

And I also think YouTube should make some guidelines regarding the scam videos running there. But unfortunately YouTube is allowing their ads on YouTube and I'm tired of watching them again and again.

• -5 1
  • +2 2

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,