Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer! - Page 7 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer!

12 hours ago, Mazharul islam said:

I just follow Bitcoin and the market follows Bitcoin. So I think Wall Coins made a profit for me as Bitcoin, so I invest in both currenciesIn my understanding bit coins stand above all coins but they are the best or stable currency

Bitcoin is stable in a way that it can guarantee you that it can never die, but the price is nit stable, it is so volatile.

There are so much of beginners who get confused in altcoins for the correction I must say that altcoins refers to such coins which is alternative of Bitcoin and sometimes altcoins also have good rates in which you can invest and trade for earning good to have a good profit from it.

On 1/25/2020 at 4:02 AM, Crypto555 said:

Altcoins are also cryptocurrencies just like bitcoin but the difference is that each altcoins has its own blockchain where they register all the transactions and store all the information 

Not all altcoins have their own blockchain. For example a lot of new coins are ERC20 coins which means they are created and they work on the ethereum blockchain network 

On 2/13/2020 at 5:05 PM, Salman akbar said:

In my understanding Bit coin stand above all  coins.Whether they are alt or stable coins.I just follow Bitcoin and  market follows Bitcoin.So i think the alt coins gave same profit as bit coin work for me.So i do investment in both coins.

Are you saying that stable coins are not altcoins?

Altcoin and Crypto are different and I agree with your opinion. One thing to note is that altcoin was developed by someone or a team of developers who usually introduce themselves to the public, while Bitcoin was created by someone who does not reveal themselves (anonymous), so that Bitcoin is truly decentralized.

For me the real Cryptocurrency is Bitcoin all the other coins are altcoins or alternative coins, because Bitcoin is open sourced anyone with knowledge can create another coins using Bitcoin';s algo, that is why we have a lot of forks and altcoins.

Combine are really digital money, it's simply that Bitcoin originally showed up while altcoin is another option to bitcoin, so altcoin was made with the goal that more decisions in exchanging and meeting the exchanging market. Perhaps it is.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:52 AM, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

yes they are the same thing, i mean they have 2 different definitions but all altcoins are cryptos.

as you said altcoin are all the coins other than bitcoin

and crypto are all those currencies that run on a blockchain so altcoins are cryptos

5 hours ago, DarkSun said:

They are different terms but have some the same aspects. both are related to the block chain which is the industry we currently in when we holding some coins or tokens.

Of course they all use the blockchain technology, they are all the same thing, but origin is what differentiate them.,

Altcoins and also Crypto will be identical items. Equally will be the section of single engineering which is the blockchain community. They could be separated directly into a couple of. You are centralized and also one more will be decentralized. You can find 3000+ coins outlined available in the market cover. One of them, bitcoin could be the master and also leading coin together with positioned 1. Since bitcoin control, the particular crypto industry and also other money or perhaps 2999 money are usually regarded as being altcoin. Practically nothing different.

Altcoins and bitcoin both are same decentralized and crypto currency, but they separates only their projects because block chain process is costly and other coins projects are cheaply, like dogecoin project is very cheaply produce and its process also cheap but this coin also digital currency so I don't think they are separate.

hmm, bitcoin is the most valuable currency and it is in a dominant position, which means that it is at the top of other currencies, in addition to other currencies that are replaceable and it depends on the value of bitcoin.

Altcoins are coins other than bitcoin and so they are also cryptocurrency too, but cryptocurrencies is referred to all the coins and tokens in the market.

I don't understand the point of this topic. Altcoin is just a coin that is different from bitcoin but it is still a cryptocurrency. All coins in the market are cryptocurrencies including altcoins.

the entire assets via cryptography are called cryptocurrencies, the primary BTC and the choice coins that consist in every one of the others... appealing idea this group between BTC and alts, not yes how the globe will adapt with the new Chinese coin and/or any other that force play BTC... globe is changing fast, will alts and transform it's name?

53 minutes ago, Shakib10 said:

To conclude, the main difference between altcoins and tokens is in their structure; altcoins are separate currencies with their own separate blockchain while tokens operate on top of a blockchain that facilitates the creation of decentralized applications.

You are right, but here we are talking about the difference between alts and crypto, not alts and token.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:10 AM, SCB1234 said:

All crypto is crypto, but only altcoins are also altcoins. They signify every single coin other than Bitcoin. If they are created on the Ethereum network, they are called tokens.

a lot fo newbies on here dont even know there is a difference between a coin and a token and they think everything is just on the bitcoin blockchain and not other blokchains like neo and eth.

My comprehension is both bitcoin and alt coin are crypto advanced money , yet bitcoin is broadly acknowledged wherever , yet I have seen on the discussion that alt coin exchanging and so forth , still even I am not clear on the alt coin cash accept any one on this can propose here with greater lucidity

in my fluency an altcoin is Also known as digital currencies, cryptomarket is the modern version of money. In order to has secure and verifiable transactions, each coin is designed using cryptography that controls the manufacture of silver coin. And tomorrow likable money, its value will dissent upon its demand. while Bitcoin is the pioneering cryptomarket, slow deployment are other valuable digital coins and since they’re alternatives to the near, Bitcoin – they’re called Altcoins...am i right?

Altcoins and crypto is not exactly the same thing and they have one difference, altcoins is every coin but not bitcoin but crypto is all the coins which bitcoin is also in it.

I think Altcoins and cryptocurrencies are the same, because altcoins are alternatives, they are coins like eth or litecoin .... but there are also certain differences. Old people in the forum will not be mistaken

7 hours ago, jacker said:

I think Altcoins and cryptocurrencies are the same, because altcoins are alternatives, they are coins like eth or litecoin .... but there are also certain differences. Old people in the forum will not be mistaken

Of course they are the same but they are differentiated on purpose, they are both crypto, but alts are alternatives, they are all coins after bitcoin.

Thanks for sharing, i was confusing too and i didn't know what was their difference but now i know. That means all are crypto currency but their special name is altcoins, thanks a lot.

Time is the ultimate weapon!