Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer! - Page 6 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer!

2 hours ago, Maahi said:

After success of bitcoin altcoin is launched. They are just similar like bitcoin but the price of altcoin is not good as compare to bitcoin.

The price is not real the case, because there are coins which are more valued than bitcoin, like the ledger Nano.

Well that is not something new to us but probably to the newbies it could be of great help since they need some tutorial on some points about cryptocurrency. I also thank you for sharing that idea so that other members could also learn from it.

But I guess aside from distinguishing altcoin from bitcoin let us also add token on the next topic.

Edited by Mandoy01

JOIN US AND WIN BIG PRIZES FROM DIFFERENT GAMES!!!

https://www.bitsler.com/?ref=Mandoy

8 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

The price is not real the case, because there are coins which are more valued than bitcoin, like the ledger Nano.

Are you pointing LTD coin.Last night i check this coin on Yobit it was on 49999 .i was surprised many buying orders were pending.But many people do not know that.

30 minutes ago, Syedbesharat said:

Are you pointing LTD coin.Last night i check this coin on Yobit it was on 49999 .i was surprised many buying orders were pending.But many people do not know that.

Sorry i was talking about Project-X or NANOX coin, which is more expensive than bitcoin but have lower demand and marketcap.

Edited by teminalibug

I can't be confused with these two features cryptocurrency and altcoins cryptocurrency is the group word of all currencies in cryptoworld while altcoins are alternative coins under cryptocurrency like ETH XRP litecoin dogecoin and the rest

Bitcoin was first cryptocurrency which was introduce in market so its called cryptocurrency as we have alternative for his like Litecoin Ethereum and many more we call them altcoins its very simple but now we have few more things like tokens and digital currencies but these all are very different things good altcoins are like Litecoin Ethereum Doge and Dash.

The altcoin is just a term used on coins that were created after bitcoin. Bitcoin and Altcoin are cryptocurrencies. A currency that runs using cryptography hashes.

<Bitcoin> 33UiM7HjYSH9ZuCfdQiRKmWNJdGhLx444W

On 10/19/2019 at 11:52 AM, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

Cryptpo and altcoins are same but altcoins actions are alternatives of the Bitcoin.

Altcoin is just a short form of alternative coin, which are used for any other coin that is not Bitcoin, so to answer your question, altcoin and cryptocurrency, they are all the same thing.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:20 PM, marksm357 said:

The difference is very significant and of course as you guessed it, the coin has its own blockchain which can vary greatly in its beliefs, but as for the token, it is based on a common platform and has limitations in the changes.

Tokens are like stocks and they are actual testing to relate with coins, for the reason that by and sizeable this is impressive else.

4 hours ago, Sabba092 said:

Cryptpo and altcoins are same but altcoins actions are alternatives of the Bitcoin.

What about token, meaning ICOs and IEOs, etc, are they altcoins as well?

Altcoins are alternatives cryptocurrency to bitcoin, they are currency that have similar properties to bitcoin, they are all base on the same technology and views of bitcoin, altcoins are develop to improve on some of bitcoin features.

I think it's the same because they are both in the form of digital currency and where the coins are sold

On 10/19/2019 at 2:52 PM, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

Thank you for your informative research. But nevertheless altcoins are also cryptos. 

8 hours ago, vermigerous said:

Thank you for your informative research. But nevertheless altcoins are also cryptos. 

Yes alt-coins are also crypto but according to my research not all crypto are alt-coins even if you leave the bitcoin out..

I think that's why the supply of bitcoin is decreasing every year. which is caused by several factors such as mining in large numbers which triggers the supply of bitcoin continues to decrease every year. And in this case bitcoin offers a protocol system into altcoin to keep the supply of bitcoin running. And until now bitcoin has been an influence for altcoin. For example bitcoin rises altcoin will also go up and vice versa.

When you are talking about altcoins it is a replicants of Bitcoin like species of the same kind but value difference so Bitcoin and altcoins are the same digital currency. 

3 hours ago, tiouro said:

Thanks for increasing in value my statistics, so do you desire any alt-coin over bitcoin? And what altcoins are you holing right currently, and why holing those particularly?

I desire some alts like Litecoin, steller and Ether, but not over bitcoin, bitcoin is my first choice always.

Just now, barce said:

The difference between coin and token is that coin is based on bitcoin blockchain and token is based on etheruem blockchain and each has its claim merits.

Not only Ethereum blockchain can generate token, there are other networks as well that can generate tokens.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:52 PM, teminalibug said:

You are right wit your definition but those two are not the same instead altcoins goes under the term crypto currencies. It is not appropriate to compare them as they as separate from it's other as you defined already what is altocoins. 

As the meaning of crypto currency is this "a digital currency in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of currency and verify the transfer of funds, operating independently of a central bank.". 

3 hours ago, MysteriousIdentity said:

You are right wit your definition but those two are not the same instead altcoins goes under the term crypto currencies. It is not appropriate to compare them as they as separate from it's other as you defined already what is altocoins. 

As the meaning of crypto currency is this "a digital currency in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of currency and verify the transfer of funds, operating independently of a central bank.". 

All altcoins are cryptocurrencies, but not all cryptocurrency are altcoins, some of them are nit such as tokens and the bitcoin, that;s what i believe.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:57 AM, nayef7 said:

Indeed, they are both digital currency, but most of the merchants their priority to be accept as mode of payment was Bitcoin, almost majority of them, but there some other country they also accept Ethereum, litecoin, XMR, Xrp and more something like that.really its amazing to see this kind of you guys are done peacefully.thank you for your service.

These are of total  same guys.   And I wanna say that it is a good thing thing having the crypto in our wallets.

Buena información amigo, esto le sera de gran utilidad a todos los usuarios de este foro, en particular a los principiantes de este foro.

Yo tambien tenia esa duda pero gracias a esta informacion mis dudas quedan claras...... gracias amigo.

16 hours ago, Binbillal007 said:

They are different in nature of their creation that is what make them not to be of the same category.

They are the same and they follow same development protocol, just that alts are coins made after the bitcoin, but not all coins that were made after bitcoin are altcoins.