Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer! - Page 4 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer!

4 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

Tokens are not altcoins as they are derivatives. For instance, Ethereum is a coin while dalecoin is a token on Ethereum chain. Hope you understand? 

I know how tokens works, i was just wondering if a token is an alticon. Thanks anyway you have old me what I wanted to hear.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:52 PM, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

Crypto currency stands for all the coins and tokens. Including bitcoin. And Altcoin stands for the currencies that are not bitcoin. Example are ETH BCH And DASH. But since bitcoin is very popular and it is the flagship product of the crypto currency. Some people who lacks knowledge think of bitcoin as the whole crypoto currency market. That is why it is good for you to share that knowledge about that so that some of the users that still don't know the difference can be enlightened. 

23 hours ago, josephrioveros123 said:

And Altcoin stands for the currencies that are not bitcoin. Example are ETH BCH And DASH.

Let me stop right there with a question, in that statement, did you juts say all coins that are not Bitcoin are alts, then what about tokens there?

On 10/31/2019 at 3:14 AM, Kim K said:

Alt coins and bitcoin are all cryptocurrency with diverse usage. Some of these alt coins are fork off bitcoin chain. Coins like Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, stellar lumen are forks product of bitcoin. These coins attempt to solve different problems. I believe most alt coins are bitcoin dependent as they seems to pump when bitcoin pumps. Reason most bitcoin supporters do not like alt coins

Coins will solve our problems this is true because we can see that if we want to send our money from one place to another place then we can easily send it at any time any where in the world and it takes just 4 to 5 minutes. So crypto currency is must be legal in the world and this is important for us.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Altcoin is part of cryptocurrency.

Cryptocurrency is Bitcoin and altcoin.

Altcoin is "Alternative Bitcoin".

Simple..

Altcoin is have many coin like Dogecoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, etc. The marketcap and volume is below Bitcoin.

Also coin created by token ERC20 is altcoin. Don't think too hard if you still confused, just learn it slowly.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:10 AM, cryptc said:

Crypto means digital coins and they are bitcoin, altcoin and stablecoin. Altcoin are digital coin aside from bitcoin. Bitcoin is the boss and addressed separately.

All of the crypto coins are the digital coins and these coins will be the best to make any transactions in it than the banks because its transactions is fast and in low fee. Crypto is the new world currency and so many peoples will invest in it and still so many peoples will think to invest in it.

BetFury                                                   

I don't understand what you say because not all altcoin are from bitcoin changes. Some altcoins are nothing to do with bitcoin like STELLAR lumens for example are not tied to bitcoins at all! Altcoin is just alternative coin or different coin but not connected all to bitcoin only some are. Like litecoin is connected to bitcoin but STELLAR is not and XRP ripple is not. Still I don't trust altcoin to be worth more than bitcoin I think bitcoin is best investment for 2020.

8 hours ago, ashua1 said:

all refer to altcoin test money when referring to currencies other than bitcoin.btc are considered the top coins.

Oh! so altcoins are the top coins other cryptocurrencies that are not top coins are not alt-coins??!!

Yes ALT coin and crypto coin is the same and there is no difference between them. Crypto is the good business and we can make good money in it. Crypto market is the best market for online business in the world and so many peoples will almost trade in it and this is good because through trading we can make good money in it.

BetFury                                                   

Thanks for sharing this article it really looks very interesting and information for the beginners. Beginners don't have much knowledge about altcoins and coins and crypto this article is really very useful

Altcoin and bitcoin both are crypto currency. btc was the first crypto after creation btc in crypto wolrd new alt coin started their journey.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

any cryptocurrency,alternative to Bitcoin ,it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin.i am aware of this fact since long ago that each and every coin other than bitcoin is called altcoin.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:15 AM, teminalibug said:

You got it all wrong,  Bitcoin is cryptocurrency but not an alt-coin. Altcoins and Bitcoin are all cryptocurrency, all i was saying is crypto and altcoins are two different things.

Previously, you have explained briefly and in detail, that altcoin is an alternative cryptocurrency other than bitcoin, while bitcoin is not altcoin because it is clear that bitcoin is the main coin,then the question arises, whether with an alternative coin, intended to replace the important role of bitcoin as the number one cryptocurrency ...

When we say Crypto Currency I think that's an umbrella term for the different coins like Bitcoin and Altcoins. While in the other hand Altcoins is different because that is the son of Bitcoin.

18 hours ago, vivek jain said:

any cryptocurrency,alternative to Bitcoin ,it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin.i am aware of this fact since long ago that each and every coin other than bitcoin is called altcoin.

Yu say each and every coin, you you mean even tokens (ICOs and IEOs ) are also tokens?

20 hours ago, Kusumo234 said:

Previously, you have explained briefly and in detail, that altcoin is an alternative cryptocurrency other than bitcoin, while bitcoin is not altcoin because it is clear that bitcoin is the main coin,then the question arises, whether with an alternative coin, intended to replace the important role of bitcoin as the number one cryptocurrency ...

Not replace no, there are few purposes i know of;

• Supporting bitcoin in the crypto market
  • providing more salability than what bitcoin can offer
  • Just an opportunity to earn money
  • For stable coins, is to give users what volatile cons can never offer, stableness.

okay so you are not asking the question to be helped but sharing the knowledge to help. that is really sweet of you. yeah we should share what we know with others so that we all can grow together afterall we are in a same community now named as cryptotalk. by the way thank you for sharing your knowledge it will help many of us

On 11/8/2019 at 7:40 AM, ngoc7542 said:

Not all low priced tokens are safe for long term investment. It is best to use the high prices coins which are already very stable as you will be more sure of their future survival or relevance.

Almost new coins ar fake and scammer will create and all the low price coins are not good and not all are bad but i just suggest you that buy the old coins because these old coins will give us good profit in short time and these coins are the best coins for buying because these coins are real coins.

BetFury                                                   

On 10/19/2019 at 1:52 PM, teminalibug said:

Even after you explain it clearly, some stupid people will post another similar question. Should we pin all these world terms? Will it stop duplicate questions?

• Useful or interesting 1

2 minutes ago, Nakamoto said:

Even after you explain it clearly, some stupid people will post another similar question. Should we pin all these world terms? Will it stop duplicate questions?

Actually some stupid people who does not read topic content,  have replied, telling me what is the meaning and difference of those two 😄.

2 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

Actually some stupid people who does not read topic content,  have replied, telling me what is the meaning and difference of those two 😄.

Damn! Lol. Maybe they were born to be ignorant and just don't care about people around them. Should we give these people epithet? What do you think what a good name for them? We should call them with this nickname when responding to them. Do you think the donkey is a good name lol? Tell me yours. You can make a new thread for this. 😂

This is a good place to discuss friends, maybe our friends really don't know what altcoin is and what cryptocurrency is, of course the answer is simple and has been explained in detail,then, stable is it included altcoins, because we all know, that cryptocurrency other than bitcoin is altcoin, so, stable coin is altcoin ,,,, ????

1 hour ago, Nakamoto said:

Damn! Lol. Maybe they were born to be ignorant and just don't care about people around them. Should we give these people epithet? What do you think what a good name for them? We should call them with this nickname when responding to them. Do you think the donkey is a good name lol? Tell me yours. You can make a new thread for this. 😂

Lol, i support that we create a thread on about forum on how to call these people, donkeys is fine by me.

About crytpo and altcoin, what should we call the coins that are forked, lets create a term for them too. let that thread have new new terms that are created my us, let me know if you are up for it.