Sending coins/Tokens to wrong address - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Nicecrypto

Sending coins/Tokens to wrong address

I know this has happened to me once when I just entered crypto, sent a token with same ticker to the wrong exchange wallet address. Now the question is, what happens to the token or coins you mistakenly sent to a wrong address since they are not delivered? Do they burn up in crypto space or what? This has been on my mind so just needed some understand on it.

• Useful or interesting 14
  • +1 8
  • +2 4
  • +3 8
  • +4 2
  • +5 1

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

Just now, Nicecrypto said:

I know this has happened to me once when I just entered crypto, sent a token with same ticker to the wrong exchange wallet address. Now the question is, what happens to the token or coins you mistakenly sent to a wrong address since they are not delivered? Do they burn up in crypto space or what? This has been on my mind so just needed some understand on it.

The tokens you send to the wrong address is now the property of that address owner and you can not do anything as this is the biggest disadvantage of the Crypto.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 2

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

I believe those are just lost and nobody neither the smart contact owner of both the coins can get it and it will be somewhere in the blockchain which cannot be accessible to anyone.

4 hours ago, bitcoworld said:

This all should not happen as you can double or Tripple check it but anyways sometimes we do something while we think on a different thing and the issue happened to me as well but lucky me Yobit canceled the transaction. If you send it to the wrong address and the transaction went out I think there is no chance to get them and they are fully burned. I found this very helpful check the link below:

https://coincodex.com/article/1666/what-happens-if-you-send-your-coins-to-the-wrong-address/

Thanks that link was very helpful and I believe there goes the coins even though much much but you still fell that sense of lost 😥 well, it is what it is. 

• +2 2

Sending coins to a wrong address cannot be recupered 

people always must double check if the address is correct beffore doing any transaction .

If the address doesn't exist the transaction will be canceled .

it happend to me once , i sent some coins from my wallet into a  close coin wallet in some exchange , unfortanly i didnt recived my money , i think its will stuck in the blokchain.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

If you have sent your money to wrong address you just say goodbye to that money as there is no way to reverse the transaction

9 minutes ago, williamz902 said:

Maybe one day someone will get assigned the address which you incorrectly sent to and they will end up with free coins! I always double and triple check when I send anywhere.

Yeah you must always check it several times before sending the money or you may lose the money for good, people should be more careful about sending coins to other addresses

carelessness can lead to such faulty operations. we can make such mistakes when we have too many thoughts in our minds. so I always check the first 3 and last 3 characters at the address to be sent. This is the easiest way for safe and accurate operation.

• +2 1

On 10/13/2019 at 12:47 PM, Nicecrypto said:

This story should never have happened if you cared about your investment. Be careful before sending it. Always check two or three times. This action is mandatory, my friend.

• +2 3
  • +4 1

1 hour ago, lucky80 said:

This story should never have happened if you cared about your investment. Be careful before sending it. Always check two or three times. This action is mandatory, my friend.

I don't think is about not being cared for my investment, things happen and I believe I am not the only one this has happened to and besides it was in 2017 like I said I just wanted to know what happens to such token/coins sent to a wrong address the confusion was two different projects with the same ticker after I sent from my wallet to the exchange and didn't receive that's when I started checking and realized they were different and I also believe I have gotten plenty explanation on different scenarios in previous post.

1 minute ago, Nicecrypto said:

I don't think is about not being cared for my investment, things happen and I believe I am not the only one this has happened to and besides it was in 2017 like I said I just wanted to know what happens to such token/coins sent to a wrong address the confusion was two different projects with the same ticker after I sent from my wallet to the exchange and didn't receive that's when I started checking and realized they were different and I also believe I have gotten plenty explanation on different scenarios in previous post.

You must be careful if you care. If you send it to the ethereum address, the normal process transpires. The recipient will gratefully receive your token.

• +1 1

On 10/13/2019 at 12:47 PM, Nicecrypto said:

yes the wrong coin will land to the wrong address earlier, the coin will be received at that address, if it is forfeited cannot be compensated? I have never experienced it

your coins will definitely lost buddy, but if addres is not exist and /or the addres wallet is not supported,  transaction may fail, but if the address exists, we automatically cannot do anything, so I hope you more careful

• +1 1

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

On 10/14/2019 at 3:59 AM, williamz902 said:

Maybe one day someone will get assigned the address which you incorrectly sent to and they will end up with free coins! I always double and triple check when I send anywhere.

me too.  Always double-check several times to make sure the address is correct.  even so, I made a mistake accidentally, i was wrong to send the token to the contract address.  funny indeed, luckily the admin of the token wants to resend my token.

I don't know what really happens to your tokens if you send it to the wrong address, maybe it will burn I guess, but I'm sure it will gone, you can not recover it.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

12 minutes ago, Bitxalt said:

your coins will definitely lost buddy, but if addres is not exist and /or the addres wallet is not supported,  transaction may fail, but if the address exists, we automatically cannot do anything, so I hope you more careful

Transactions in bitcoin or cryptocurrency cannot be canceled after sending the funds will be sent there is no fetal dispute. If you use an online wallet, one shipment will be executed, if you use a wallet from the exchanger there will be a confirmation to the email to execute. So before the email is confirmed the transaction has not been processed and can be canceled. But if the email has been confirmed it will not be able to cancel again. Unless you call the recipient and he wants to return it.

• +2 2

29 minutes ago, Dprincebh said:

It's not burn. Since the token is using the same blockchain. But assuming you sent ETH to BTC address that is gonna be burn and can't be recovered again.

Are you crazy ? you can't send ethereum to bitcoin address! That will never happen. Ethereum use different string.

4 minutes ago, Deborah Christine said:

Transactions in bitcoin or cryptocurrency cannot be canceled after sending the funds will be sent there is no fetal dispute. If you use an online wallet, one shipment will be executed, if you use a wallet from the exchanger there will be a confirmation to the email to execute. So before the email is confirmed the transaction has not been processed and can be canceled. But if the email has been confirmed it will not be able to cancel again. Unless you call the recipient and he wants to return it.

but if the addres is wrong and doesn't support to our coin type, transactions will also fail, for example we send erc20 coins to a wave wallet address, automatically there will never be a transaction because it cannot be sent.

1 minute ago, lucky80 said:

Are you crazy ? you can't send ethereum to bitcoin address! That will never happen. Ethereum use different string.

this is the point and what I mean @Deborah Christine

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

when you send token or coins to the wrong address, then they will be gone, they will never come back, because there is no option of reversal and refund in the crypto currency, you have to double check before sending.

Hard Worker 😎😎

On 10/13/2019 at 9:10 AM, Khan said:

The tokens you send to the wrong address is now the property of that address owner and you can not do anything as this is the biggest disadvantage of the Crypto.

do you see this as a disadvantage? I think it is the same as with our banks, if yousend your money to an account that belong to someone else your chances of recovery are very, very, very slim...

In crypto, if you are responsible for your funds, private keys, wallets, etc, than it would make sense that you become responsible to check the destination address and ticker multiple times

If you send to the wrong address then you can not refund and it is unfortunate when the incident occurred

Double check before sending coins / tokens to avoid sending wrong address

On 10/13/2019 at 9:10 AM, Khan said:

I once fall a victim also when I was not use to sending my token to exchange, I mistakly send my token to the contract address and inform the team, they where like it gone and nothing to do.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, jumail said:

me too.  Always double-check several times to make sure the address is correct.  even so, I made a mistake accidentally, i was wrong to send the token to the contract address.  funny indeed, luckily the admin of the token wants to resend my token.

Much safer when copying and address need to look at it well, before making attempt to send it out to any various address you wish.