Sending coins/Tokens to wrong address - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Nicecrypto

Sending coins/Tokens to wrong address

I think the coin you sent and the wrong address is currently in the blockchain network and no one has it because your word is not sent, or failed to send. But after I think back, isn't every coin that failed to be sent still in your wallet?

On 11/16/2019 at 9:32 AM, Yawar said:

Only, as far as I know, in the event of sending to a SegWit style address on the BCH chain can you have a chance of reclaiming some of the tokens.

I don't know of that. Since BCH is a fork of Bitcoin. If you send a BTC you might be able, but i am not too sure can recover your coins

If you send your coin to wrong wallet you will lose your token. But if you can contract with them they can return your coin when you show them your proper evidence. But it is a matter of regret that many people do not want to give back token. So I suggest you to be more careful.

If the address already exists the crypto coins will have new owner but I think its a small chance to happen. That's sad that this process cannot be reverse so please be careful especially in putting address.

To me if you send your tokens or coins in any other wrong wallet or exchange address there is no chances that you will get back your coins I think these coins is going to useless.

It was panic when the coin or token sent to the wrong address. Misdirected coin or token can not go back to this address. Therefore, users should be careful to send the token or coin. They should check the address twice as long.

Sending your coins in wrong addresses permanently you will loss your coins which is not recoverable. So when you send your coin in another address please double check your address whether it's correct or not.

This situation can happened in anyone, but to avoid this situation we must surely address what will you send to the right person you want to send coins. You need to check it many times if you address it correctly, so you can avoid mistakes. 

If you send transactions to the wrong address that transaction cannot be back to you or it cannot be aborted. But the good of wallet like coinomi if the address is not correctly, example you send ether with bitcoin address it cannot be withdrawn.

That tokens you sent to a wrong address will receive by the owner of that address. If that address, doesn't even exist, I guess they're just there, no one's owner.

Well, the one who own that address will have the coins you have sent. Sadly you cannot take it back anymore. Make sure to double check your details and address so you won't sent it to wrong address anymore : )

• +1 1

It now belongs to the wallet address you input. It will say it is an invalid address if that does not occur and it is not burned up in space. Avoid these mistakes for us to keep our earning and perform copy pasting of the address of yours.

Sending cryptocurrency to wrong address is a human error. When I was new to crypto, I had a experience of losing my money by sending it elsewhere. When sending or receiving crypto, you should always check and double check the address. 

If the transaction has been confirmed, and your transaction has been recorded on the blockchain, it cannot be canceled and your assets will never be returned, and there is no guarantee for that error. so you have to be more careful next time.

That was your mistake, it could be that the token belongs to the person you sent earlier. because the wrong address is the same for you to benefit him. so be more careful next time.

If you are working in Bitcoin you have to check everything you do. Like in Bitcoin wallet or address you need to check it twice or thrice because what if you send 1 Bitcoin and send in the wrong wallet address your investment will gone your hardwork is useless so that always check everything you do.

I think that they just remain in the status of processing the transaction and do not arrive anywhere as the wallet to which they were conceived to transfer simply does not exist.

It's always something I'm afraid of when I send money. This does not mean that I will not encounter this problem even though I have not encountered such a problem yet. Even though I send money with copy and paste method, my transactions on my computer can be controlled by someone else with a possible virus. I've heard about this kind of virus before, after copying the virus manufacturer's wallet address is automatically copied to the clipboard, and if the sender does not pay attention to that address and paste it to the address.

My main language is not English, sorry for if i made any mistake when i write a message.

Give me 💙 if my post is helpful

Thank you.

I didn't face that kind of incident before sending any coin or token i check the address properly but my friend faced this problem he has seen the coin with the wrong address and loss his money which can't be back.

This incident happen with me. About few months ago i was sent btc to an address which worth of 100$ but after some time i noticed that amount was not sent that address due to that address was wrong.

I think you cant get it back , the one who owns that address is now the owner. Maybe  you can get it back but you should talk to the "new owner".

One wrong move you'll may be regret it truely, because once you've sent it you can't get it back until the strangers od the one you've sent it to the wrong address would sent it back to you. 

When you send a coins or tokens to wrong address which is a stranger, it is hard to return it back because you are not sure if they will send it you back. 

• +1 2

If you send a coin to the wrong address or a wallet of another coin, chances are you will not be able to do so and the operation will be rejected. If you sent the coin to another address that exists, you will simply lose your coin. Sometimes it happens that sending a coin to another exchange uses not only addresses but also a special phrase to make your coins fall on your balance. If you did not spell this special phrase then it is no big deal. The coin simply falls on the overall balance of the exchange. And if you then contact the exchange support they will transfer the coin to your balance

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Crypto transection is different from other transections because of its anonymity. if you send your coin to a wrong address then you won't find the owners. so, be aware of this.

Bengali?

View this Topic