Why Is Crypto Currency not Popular in the Philippines? - Page 5 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
LexBee68

Why Is Crypto Currency not Popular in the Philippines?

You can't just general say Crypto is not popular in Philippines, its popular but even the government has made an approach on it, there are guys of high knowledge there and who have earned a lot, aiza Mercado, you find her on YouTube. And with a large fan base of her mostly on Philippines

On 1/14/2020 at 12:47 AM, LexBee68 said:

A lot of people are afraid if we are talking about bitcoins or any other crypto currencies.  Why is it so? Especially in the Philippines, people are skeptical about it.

I don't think so in our department all of us are engage in crypto world and a lot of members here is Filipino. Crypto currency is not just being introduce in society properly. Philippines has a online wallets to support this kind if currency and we may actually transact using it.

Crypto talk is not popular in Philippines the main reason in my way can be their strick laws which are related to crypto talk currencies they believe in tangible things and others related to that they don't prefer it there are no educated people in Philippines that can be the reason the people of  Philippines are afraid of these they don't believe in that 

That's way crypto has no popularity in Philippines.

I don't know much about the phlippines but cryptocurrency is popular in Asia, most of the good altcoins are from Asia, people in the philippines might have had a bad experience with crypto in the past.

Just now, Chy123 said:

I really don’t know why cryptocurrency is not popular in Philippines.Can anyone tell me about that.   

It probably has to do with:

1. legislation
  2. Internet accessibility outside the cities (so infrastructure)
  3. the number of local blockchain companies
  4. the lack of famous ambassadors
  5. access to the financial system

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

Some filipinos are afraid when they heard bitcoin things. They will tell you to stay away from that its a scam. But all is only speculation because the real thing they dont really know the crypto currency. But recently i read in an article that western union is team up with coin.ph flatform use for sending remitance from anywhere in the world to philippines than can use bitcoin or any other coins to convert in peso.

I am not agree with you, crypto is highly popular in philippines. It is approved by government and central bank of philippines. About 48 crypto exchanges are regulated in the country till now.

A lot of people are afraid if we are talking about bitcoins or any other crypto currencies.  Why is it so? Especially in the Philippines, people are skeptical about it.

Well, people think that cryptocurrency is a bad influence to any person. And of course, it is new to their knowledge or understanding because it is not popular even in social media. And they also think that it is just a waste of time. But actually, many Filipinos are already using crypto. Most of them are teenagers that uses cryptocurrency as mode of profit and saving.

Here in my country in South-Asia,  its a crime if you talk about cryptocurrency in public.  All of the crypto-currencies are banned here. I don't know why are they doing this.

It is probably because the government is afraid of losing control over the masses so people aren't interested either.

Remember India a close neighbour, banned Bitcoin

Hello there,i think the reason why bitcoin is not popular in the philippines because not all people there are educated about bitcoin.specially to the people who lives in the province and dont have good connection of internet.and also they are so busy to earned real money that can use in everyday living.

Yes you're right. I'm a filipino and im a crypto enthusiast, i think there are about 10 percent only of filipino people are aware of crypto, the majority doesn't know about it.

Because many scammers use the name of bitcoin in Phillipines that's why many people don't invest money because of the fear that they will become victims of scam again.  

Most of the people are afraid after hearing the word crypto or bitcoin and in this way it is not used as popular in the Philippines. 

• +2 1

some countries still don't accept the arrival of bitcoin because bitcoin is known to have a dark side in the government's view

I think it is not yet presented publicly so that other dis not know about it. however it also have they are not engage in a crypto world. 

Crypto currency is not popular in Philippines because I think citizens of Philippines are not know about crypto currency. So this is the one reason in Philippines.

I think crypto currency is not popular in the Philippines because it is a third world country and many people there don't have internet access in the first place to be able to work on bitcoin and other crypto currencies.

I think it's due to their strict law which is not permitting people's to go for digital currency. Also peoples from Philippines are not that interested in cryptocurrency because they don't want to make their currency as cryptocurrency.

Because cryptocurrencies are yet to go a long way. There are the sections of the population in any country who believes and earn from cryptocurrency. While majority of the population consider whole system of cryptocurrency a scam.

I think A lot of people of philipines are not familiar with cryptotalk and its currency.They believe a lot on digital currency rather on virtual currency

I think because of education reason or crypto illigal issues.in my country also most of peoples not know about crypto currencies and crypto illigal in my country.

I think Filipinos doesn't know cryptocurrency because it is not a trend in social medias and also it doesn't really show up in some news. Filipinos try the things they always see in the internet and televisions. There are lot of people who uses cryptocurrency in the Philippines but since no one really wants to introduce it in the public, it won't become popular.

may be peoples and government is not aware of benefits of crypto currency and it is illegal over there and thinking about trade on deep web makes them afraid of it

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.