Report or not? - Page 6 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
nicolas1234789

Report or not?

I hope that all of these will be minimum soon and no more hacks will happen but we need to remember to protect our internet use and not download anything if we are not completely sure about the apps and only download them from the website of the developers.

• +1 1

Report the crime is the correct approach. Not do anything means that it clears the criminal from this one. So then the criminals will never be caught. It is a crime to enter someones computer and steal data. Even if Bitcoin is not regulated the whole procedure is crime anywhere in the world.

• +2 1

On 12/30/2019 at 6:03 AM, nicolas1234789 said:

If your asset stolen by hacker ( specially in crypto ), do you involve government ( police ) to handle your problem?

If a hacker steals anything you have to involve the government agency that handles the financial and electronic crimes. This is a big problem for cryptocurrencies and there have been major hacks in exchanges. I haven't heard of hacks happened to a person but probably these can happen too, and we need to learn a lot more about security and prevention of hackers.

• +1 1

This will be a bad situation for someone living in a country that has banned crypto and considers it unlawful to own cryptocurrencies. I wouldn't want to be in the position of someone that can't report this loss of crypto.

Of course there are some government offices probably inside the police department where you report internet hacks and crime. You can report there anything you see, from scams or phising emails you receive to threats or anything that can harm the internet experience.

• +2 1

On 12/30/2019 at 9:03 AM, nicolas1234789 said:

We all know every country has different respond about crypto but if our asset stolen I believe law enforcer should take action because that is crime. If your asset stolen by hacker ( specially in crypto ), do you involve government ( police ) to handle your problem?. If you choose just let it go, are you no longer has trust law enforcement can handle this problem?

I am common man with white money and I don't  to money laundering. So I will go to government and report my compliant to cyber crime  unit. Also we have cyber security department in country to deal digital scamming. Where the minimum sentence is 3 hears and maximum 10 years with fine. 

• +1 1

Sorry mate when it comes to this its a different story and securities are way different comapared what you just saw on your local securities but in anyway if the hacker is found it would be probably ambushed by alot of swat team so it wouldn't escape.

• +1 1

most countries take a negative stance on crypto and have not recognized it legally still, and if reporting crypto theft cases costs a lot of money

• +1 1

i mean you can try to involve them but bitcoin is untraceable , so you are going to fine the hacker or the man who stole your money because this is so hard and even the biggest companies in the world have problems with that .

I don't think the allegation about crypto theft in an unauthorized country is worthwhile, but the allegation can be diverted to stealing Fiat money. I think that this is a problem that adds to the many problems that stand in the way of holders and users of cryptocurrencies in countries that do not recognize cryptocurrencies, but I think that these problems, especially the legal ones, will soon be solved when the country legalizes cryptocurrencies and regulates their use.

• +1 2

I will choose to leave it alone, because there will be no response from the police because I think it will be a waste of time if I report it. We know the risks of hacking crypto assets, there are no laws in some countries, they just make rules about taxes. The biggest risk in the cryptocurrency business is hacking.

• +1 2

On 12/30/2019 at 5:03 AM, nicolas1234789 said:

We all know every country has different respond about crypto but if our asset stolen I believe law enforcer should take action because that is crime. If your asset stolen by hacker ( specially in crypto ), do you involve government ( police ) to handle your problem?. If you choose just let it go, are you no longer has trust law enforcement can handle this problem?

Cryptocurrency is not controlled by any individual or government, so if your assets in cryptocurrency is been hacked or stolen you bear the risks alone. You can't report to police or any law enforcement agencies because they don't have control over it. 

• +1 2

i will show how that will be , report or not , so read my typing to understand that brother If i lost or stolen my Cryptocurrency by a scammer and hackers then i can not take any action.I can not repot in police station.Because in our country Cryptocurrency is illegal things , i hope i answer to your question , so good luck for us brother .

A very good question,
But since the most important characteristic of crypto is the decentralization and the non-interference of the government and its affiliated institutions with crypto, I do not think that the security forces will help anything.
This is one of the most negative impacts on crypto at the present time.

• +1 1

Once cryptocurrencies are back from our wallets or from our accounts it is really hard to retrieve it back. So as a precaution it is necessary that you undertake the security protocols necessary in order to avoid such attacks from scammers. there are a number of security measures that can be adopted through trusted wallets in order to avoid such attacks.

• +1 1

Yes law enforcement will handle this. You should definitely report. It's a great platform for you to learn and earn at the same time. You will really enjoy this Platform and you can share your experience with others people also by posting your content. You can also go through other experiences by reading the article and their view of the platform. It will improve your content writing skill 

• +1 1

On 12/30/2019 at 7:06 AM, Rahul21 said:

I would like to point out that if we all crypto users, our crypto is stolen, we should be subject to the law.  Because if the crypto currency is properly enforced, we can certainly take back the crypto.  And as well as cryptocurrencies have to be legalized by law, we all want cryptos to be legalized in all countries so that we can survive.

Legalizing crypto in all countries won't be an easy task because of the geographical factors. Only the develop countries can do this because they everything in place to support the smooth running of crypto. The cryptcurrencies needs to update it security in other to avoid such thing from happening...

• +1 1

On 12/30/2019 at 12:03 AM, nicolas1234789 said:

Of course it is possible, but you have to keep in mind that tracking cryptocurrency transactions is somewhat difficult since they are decentralized so it is not an easy job, but it is not bad at all to inform police agents for a possible recovery of the stolen money.

• +1 1

They could be able to aid me in searching for the hacker since it still has something to do with one of the laws that the hacker violates. If ever that hacker is in my country, then it would be easy for the authority to track them and reimburse those assets that are being steal from me. The government in our country would possibly not make any kind of issue about crypto currency since their stand about it is neutral and there is still no specificity about any law regarding about crypto currency at all so it would only labeled as assets in general.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 12/30/2019 at 6:03 AM, nicolas1234789 said:

I do not think that the police can help you to arrest the thief if he is unknown, the matter is a difficult act, and no one can know the people to which the money was transferred.

• +1 1

The use of cryptocurrencies in my country is prohibited and you cannot complain to the police in case your assets are stolen from currencies, and several penalties can be imposed in this case.

It is a more complex issue and everything depends on the regulation of each country, we all know what the benefits and harms of cryptocurrencies are. In this type of situation we can hardly do anything.

• +3 1
  • +5 1

Of course, this can be done, but you have to be very clear that if the use of cryptocurrencies is not legal in your country, it is not good to contact police officers because you are violating state laws, so this is not possible for everyone.

It may be possible as long as the government accepts cryptocurrencies in your country, because cryptocurrencies are de-centralized and not managed by a particular entity, it is difficult to investigate and catch the culprit and also taking into account that they may be in another country where crypto is not accepted.

• +2 1