2FA, OTP, and Authenticator, most used security in crypto world. - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Calvinpriva

2FA, OTP, and Authenticator, most used security in crypto world.

Best security.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which security is the best?

• OTP
    • Authenticator
    • 2FA

Yobit recommends everyone to use 2fa just after registration so they can give you more added security. So I think 2fa must be the most used feature for security.

• +4 1

The mobile authenticator app is great, however i prefer to make use of the 2fa for security reasons. I think that a specialized code that is sent to you is a good thing because then you are the only one that has access to that email account or to that phone number for 2fa. Hence you will be the one to receive the code and in order for it to be hacked, both accounts would need to be accessible to the hacker. 

Authenticators can be accessed if someone had to steal or remotely access your device. Although they are very good in that they are able to change the code every minute or so, which makes it very hard to impossible to hack. I think i just grew accustomed to the use of 2fa over the authenticator. 

• +1 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

I chose the two-factor authentication system because I tried it as I do not want to evaluate the security systems until after I tried them. The two-factor authentication system has protection linked to several factors such as mail, identity and personal fingerprint in some sites

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

2FA is a very wonderful security platform, most especially the Google 2FA but one problem associated with these security systems is that you risk loosing access to your account if you mistaken delete the authentication without logging out of it, I will prefer the OTP SECURITY SYSTEM 

In fact, my experience was bad with the application of two-factor authentication on my account on the Facebook platform and it was the first time that I tried this system for protection, but after a while I wiped the phone data and until the moment I did not recover the account so I prefer receiving a confirmation message on my email or my phone number is better and less risky.

Among the German options that you have now, and the best are 2FA and OTP, because they do not put us except for 2FA in the event that your account is hacked, either in the case of better security, it is at the least helping you to reduce what you own and also do not be subjected to great pressure by the chosen ones unless one of them offends any Your phone or email. But Authenticator although it is the best option to protect your account, but it is also worse if you lose your key, you will never get your money back. Also, some platforms only give you a chance and if Dahab loses everything.

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

I prefer to use 2FA and I find this method provides absolute safety. 2FA hacks are not easy, so I think this method is the best and most used because of the ease and lack of complications.

• +2 1

I think the most secure is the 2-FA method.
Because it is difficult to penetrate and is considered easy for customers to use in either wallets or platforms,
I always try to use this method on most sites, especially sites that deal with crypto.

Edited by Amr90
  • +3 1

2FA  security Authentication is the best and most recognize security protection. It provides double protection to members account and various sites they are communicating with either for trading, investment making, mining and other important earning sites. They need to be over protected to avoid loosing to scammers.

While OTP is also good for further confirmation from the owner before the transaction is approve.

• +1 1

The extra security offered by 2fa and opt is important because it adds a lot of security to our accounts, but it is also not completely protecting against attacks, there have been sim card attacks taking control of mobile devices and fake websites where the authenticator code is also stolen with the rest credentials.

The email authenticator is not very useful and I often see it given by many of the top used websites. If the email is hacked then all social media could be hacked too, I think the best is the mobile device authenticator that is not easy for anyone to have access to.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:15 PM, Calvinpriva said:

When we talk about cybersecurity, we have to know that there are many types of security that we can use to protect the things we store online, including cryptocurrencies. There are so many wallets and exchanges that use different security for the safety of their customer's, here I will talk about the three most well-known security types, as well as their importance and difference.

Security that I will talk about:

• 2FA - Two-Factor Authentication
  • OTP- One Time Password
  • Authenticator

sec.thumb.jpg.298a70c41e0aad99df270765b39197fa.jpg

1. 2FA - Two-Factor Authentication.
This is the type of security that is known more than all other types of security, I can also say that this type of security is the most used by many cryptocurrency wallets and even regular wallets for fiat. This type of security will help to protect your coins in the wallet by sending you an additional password that you will need to fill in when logging in to your wallet after entering your email and password for your account. This security uses email, so after putting your email and password, you will not be able to access your wallet first but you will need to complete 2FA. You will be given special numbers that you will need to fill in and you will be allowed to enter your wallet. This is useful because no one will be able to access your account even if they have a password for your account, unless they know your email and password as well.

2. OTP- One Time Password.
This is not that different from 2FA, but I can say it is better than 2FA. This type of security uses a phone number to send you a pin that allows you to sign in to your account. When you want to log in to your account OTP will send verification, when you want to send or withdraw the money you will be sent a verification number as well. This is great because it works well without having to rely on the internet, and those numbers that enable you to log in to your app are used directly sent to your mobile phone number. So using this security will be difficult for hackers to hack your account and steal money unless they steal your phone which has the number that has been connected to OTP.

3. Authenticator.
This type is one of the most powerful security and is used with a lot of wallets and some other software as well. The function of this security is to verify that you are the user of a particular account, whenever you want to access a wallet that uses this security. This security uses a mobile app to display code that you will need to fill in the wallet you use after entering your email and password. All you have to do to use this security is to go to the settings of the wallet you are using "if it uses this security" and connect your account to the mobile authenticator app by downloading the app and entering the code that the wallet will give you as your identity.

There are so many types of security in wallets, but I have defined these three as they are the most common and maybe someone wanted to know the differences.

So we found out that:

• 2FA - Two-Factor - Aunthentication uses email to protect your wallet.
  • OTP- One Time Password - uses a phone number to protect your wallet.
  • Authenticator - uses a mobile app to protect your wallet.

There are some wallets that use all three security at once, we can discuss those wallets in other articles.

Yes, we must confirm all accounts and find an effective way to protect them. I use the telephone code and two-factor authentication. This is more secure.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:15 PM, Calvinpriva said:

When we talk about cybersecurity, we have to know that there are many types of security that we can use to protect the things we store online, including cryptocurrencies. There are so many wallets and exchanges that use different security for the safety of their customer's, here I will talk about the three most well-known security types, as well as their importance and difference.

Security that I will talk about:

• 2FA - Two-Factor Authentication
  • OTP- One Time Password
  • Authenticator

sec.thumb.jpg.298a70c41e0aad99df270765b39197fa.jpg

1. 2FA - Two-Factor Authentication.
This is the type of security that is known more than all other types of security, I can also say that this type of security is the most used by many cryptocurrency wallets and even regular wallets for fiat. This type of security will help to protect your coins in the wallet by sending you an additional password that you will need to fill in when logging in to your wallet after entering your email and password for your account. This security uses email, so after putting your email and password, you will not be able to access your wallet first but you will need to complete 2FA. You will be given special numbers that you will need to fill in and you will be allowed to enter your wallet. This is useful because no one will be able to access your account even if they have a password for your account, unless they know your email and password as well.

2. OTP- One Time Password.
This is not that different from 2FA, but I can say it is better than 2FA. This type of security uses a phone number to send you a pin that allows you to sign in to your account. When you want to log in to your account OTP will send verification, when you want to send or withdraw the money you will be sent a verification number as well. This is great because it works well without having to rely on the internet, and those numbers that enable you to log in to your app are used directly sent to your mobile phone number. So using this security will be difficult for hackers to hack your account and steal money unless they steal your phone which has the number that has been connected to OTP.

3. Authenticator.
This type is one of the most powerful security and is used with a lot of wallets and some other software as well. The function of this security is to verify that you are the user of a particular account, whenever you want to access a wallet that uses this security. This security uses a mobile app to display code that you will need to fill in the wallet you use after entering your email and password. All you have to do to use this security is to go to the settings of the wallet you are using "if it uses this security" and connect your account to the mobile authenticator app by downloading the app and entering the code that the wallet will give you as your identity.

There are so many types of security in wallets, but I have defined these three as they are the most common and maybe someone wanted to know the differences.

So we found out that:

• 2FA - Two-Factor - Aunthentication uses email to protect your wallet.
  • OTP- One Time Password - uses a phone number to protect your wallet.
  • Authenticator - uses a mobile app to protect your wallet.

There are some wallets that use all three security at once, we can discuss those wallets in other articles.

I think that two-factor authentication is really the best because the authentication cannot be restored without confirming the phone number and email in order to restore it.

I think they're all important for securing our account but i always use authenticator, and i haven't faced any issue yet. Of course if want to secure your account you should use every methods. Some exchangers can offer you different methods, it can be fund password and others, and i think we should activate every methods for securing or account %100.

• Useful or interesting 1

I think the first options which is the 2FA is more safe and secure even if we lost our smart phones but still remembers the email we use in registering, it can be more easy for us to log in, but as for the other second options which is more safe and at same time like risk in a case we lost our smart phones theres is no way we can be able to log in without the sim close by.

• +1 1

Authenticator is also 2fa, it is called 2fa authenticator, yet 2fa is also email verification which is less secure and mobile is more recommended. However, as said by the OP if there is option for more verification options it is best to enable all of them.

• +2 1

Thank you so much mate for sharing this useful information about security in cryptocurrencies yes you are very right that we use these securities in order to save our currencies from hackers and all other scammers I will be very happy to see your other articles about Diwali that use those three securities thank you so much dude have a nice day.

13 hours ago, Jovany said:

Hello mate, from all the security options you listed above, I only know of one, which is the otp ( one time password) and since it is the only one I know among the three, it is the best for me because their is a time limit on it, if the password is not produced before the time, the password will be invalid. @Adavance

That's true buddy I know like two of them which are one  the most secure way if keeping members account safe from external invader that tries to steal your funds @Jovanny

I use the 2FA personally becasue that is the most secure and best option to make your account good secure from the hackers. This time in the crypto market so many peoples will know that market bull is start so we need to secure our accounts at this time.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Sometimes the email confirmation is considered 2fa, this is not wrong, but the real 2fa comes with an authenticator. Another authentication mechanism is with SMS. And there are some more that we see in a few of the big exchanges that can lock accounts, have higher time limits for withdrawals and many more. But it is good to also know that everything can by bypassed, there is no perfect security.

I think 2fa is the most important option. All of them are important for securing our account but 2fa protection is very needed. As we all know in crypto world we have a hacking risk and if we want to secure our account much as we can. We need to activate every protection method.

• +1 1

When changing device it will be a difficulty to setup all the 2fa once again. For me it was hours and I only did half the websites I was using 2fa. Some just didn't want to change my 2fa and others were asking for KYC. Of course these websites weren't looking professional anyway so I had to skip and if I will ever need them I will use the 2fa from my previous device.

I personally prefer 2 step factory authentication for making my accounts more safe sound, yeah their are so meany of them for our security but each and every of us prefer different types of sefty futures, and like i said i prefer 2FA.

Dear, I think all three of these are wonderful and useful to all of us and we have to do them in the calculation procedures, it is really wonderful and useful for all of us, thank you for this wonderful and useful participation.