What is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin? - Page 6 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin?

On 12/10/2019 at 3:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

The Libra coin is expected to resemble Paypal and Bitcoin but with some basic differences:
The Libra currency relies on reliable real assets and currencies, which makes it more stable than a currency in Bitcoin.
- The Libra coin will also target users who do not have a bank account, but Paypal is done through electronic payment services, which are provided that there is a bank coverage.
- The Libra coin will be covered with real assets that are less risky than other cryptocurrencies, and the user will be able to convert real money to digital and vice versa without the need for a bank account, unlike a configuration currency that cannot be bought with real money or converted into real money.
- The Libra currency will be used in many international institutions such as Uber, which you can pay through, and some discounts will be applied when using the Libra digital currency for payment.
Libra is a digital currency that can be used for trading in Facebook, WhatsApp and Messenger applications, and bitcoin is only traded on specific platforms.
The Libra cryptocurrency will have an independent value and is linked to a basket of currencies, Bitcoin being a digital currency with an oscillating value.
Libra is a digital currency backed by 28 companies around the world, and with a configuration that is not supported by any official authorities.
- Libra's currency will be low-cost and faster in procedures, but Bitcoin is a high and slower currency in conducting transactions.

in just a few words, libra is a bank so it is centralized and bitcoin is a decentralized.

libra is neither a cryptocurrency ( it is will run just on a sort of blockchain) so actually you can't compare libra to bitcoin

Facebook's crypto currency, Libra, has a large contribution to Bitcoin, better supported by similar technology. This important difference is that Bitcoin is independent and decentralized. Although it is a digital currency, the structure of Libra and Bitcoin is quite different. Libra is likened to the traditional currency version of Facebook.

The distinction is very clear. Bitcoin is the ancestor while Libra is a follower. Bitcoin is decentralized while Libra is centralized. Bitcoin is king while Libra is still a baby.

BTC: 3PmWotSGNLYiQtQgmRctqAAWVMtAayf282

Libra coin and bitcoin are a different animal.libra is centralized coin that is permissional. Bitcoin is operated that discentralized coin.

You know, the most expensive cryptocurrency when it comes to bitcoin. The library is owned by Facebook, but is not owned by Bitcoin or controlled by anything. The library currency is on Facebook, and I think you will be a stable currency that is priced at US $

1 hour ago, Yunusa said:

Libra is a coin however to be Launched and it is a Stablecoin, that is why I look after not Lil it. I rather bitcoin and other unstable coin for investing. I canister no more than work Libra to trade if launched.

There is no doubt that everyone prefers bitcoin over Libra, Bitcoin is the first currency and there is no room for any other currency to compete with its popularity, but as for the Libra currency we cannot say that it is a stable currency before it is officially launched and see what are the advantages and disadvantages.

On 12/10/2019 at 3:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

The Libra coin is expected to resemble Paypal and Bitcoin but with some basic differences:
The Libra currency relies on reliable real assets and currencies, which makes it more stable than a currency in Bitcoin.
- The Libra coin will also target users who do not have a bank account, but Paypal is done through electronic payment services, which are provided that there is a bank coverage.
- The Libra coin will be covered with real assets that are less risky than other cryptocurrencies, and the user will be able to convert real money to digital and vice versa without the need for a bank account, unlike a configuration currency that cannot be bought with real money or converted into real money.
- The Libra currency will be used in many international institutions such as Uber, which you can pay through, and some discounts will be applied when using the Libra digital currency for payment.
Libra is a digital currency that can be used for trading in Facebook, WhatsApp and Messenger applications, and bitcoin is only traded on specific platforms.
The Libra cryptocurrency will have an independent value and is linked to a basket of currencies, Bitcoin being a digital currency with an oscillating value.
Libra is a digital currency backed by 28 companies around the world, and with a configuration that is not supported by any official authorities.
- Libra's currency will be low-cost and faster in procedures, but Bitcoin is a high and slower currency in conducting transactions.

So libra has less risk than crypto, I think I will try this libra to because I don't want a situation where by I can lose all my money that I put in crypto. Thank you for this good news. 

Libra coin project is not launched by facebook. Why much delay in this project no real information from the team of the project. So try to avoid from this project because no clear information. But btc has launched in 2010. And now it's price is 9800$.

Thanks for your post for letting me know the different professions of Libra and bitcoin. I prefer bitcoin, but if possible I also want to try Libra, Libra is very popular and mentioned

On 18.02.2020 at 01:32, reworkzan said:

Your supposition is rectify, I like your supposition.

I think libra coin is distinctive with the alternative coin. This coin is Facebook releted. I assume one day libra coin is legalized in crypto. Presently bitcoin is the mom of all crypto c

On 18.02.2020 at 03:35, messsurex said:

The as it had been evaluation is that the Libra is alleged via a fakebook and nearly nobody can manipulate it definitely.

Libra could be a "Trojan Horse" is  definitely is development to standard digital operations because it had been that they may be blockchain innovation.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

Their difference is very wide, Libra is stable coin that will be launch by facebook while Bitcoin is a project that were launch by an anonymous team or person that was named only as Satoshi Nakamoto. 

Libra is in mode of creation only while Bitcoin is already existing and there is a very little chance that Libra can be launch because there are plenty of hurdles that they need to fix first. 

On 12/10/2019 at 4:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

Also Libra most likely will fail to launch because it need permission to do so. Bitcoin doesn't need anything so it will win any "competition" between them.

I don't  know the difference between Libra and bitcoin.  But I know bitcoin it is so much useful and gain profit up-to 6 Lakhs.  The value of 1 BTC is nearly 6 Lakhs.  But I don't know about the Libra coin or value. 

These Both Bitcoin and Libra coin both are crypto coin .The big difference is that Libra is a Centralized coin with Huge supply and Bitcoin i a Decentralized coin with Limited supply .And Bitcoin is the top 1 coin of crypto market.

29 minutes ago, talterpberh said:
Just now, milsingduck said:

I think libra coin is diverse with the other coin. This coin is Facebook releted. I think one day libra coin is legalized in crypto. Presently bitcoin is the mother of all crypto c

As we all know, bitcoin isn't controlled by anybody but those who possess it.  That won't be the case with libra, and that's why I'd never claim any.

I agree with what you say. Libra and bitcoin are certainly very different. If we look at the whole, even the difference between bitcoin and libra is very far away.

The matters is clear, Bitcoin is a decentralized computerized money while libra is brought together and furthermore libra will be likely more steady than libra..

Bitcoin and Libra both are completely different things as we cannot do any competition between these two because Libra will work as paypal already doing but this is centralized coin and will controlled by someone which is accepted by many those are against decentralized exchanges and coins and on other hand bitcoin is completely decentralized coins which is no controlled by any one.

3 minutes ago, bustkuaj said:

Thanks for sharing. but libra has not been released yet so I think evaluation and comparison is still early. Of course there will be differences, I am looking forward to libra and want them.

I don't think I would be interested as it is the sole goal of Facebook to make money. Beside this all governments are hunting for tax, and I don't think Facebook can withstand them and offer private coins.

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

Libra Coin is avaible now, for the ones who are interested in this technology, you can get some cheap if you are fast enough because its almost sold out! (Sale started some hours ago)
Remember, Libra is a stablecoin and is always worth 1$ (Like Tether) but in this sale you can get 1 Libra for 0.60$ (You can sell them later for 1$ per Libra)
Heres link: getlibra.cc (heres the tweet: imgur.com/hLtYMc3) Good luck!

1 hour ago, ranochmehr said:

The Libra coin could be a steady cash, and it isn't comparable to bitcoin, it's as well difficult to benefit from libra, Bitcoin is best for me.

But don't you see that it will be a stable coin fir making payments of goods and services as well as storing your coins during bloody time??!!

La libra será centralizada y estable, mientras que bitcoin está descentralizado e inestable, pero aún prefiero bitcoin sobre cualquier moneda fiduciaria controlada por el gobierno.

Thanks for sharing, it's clear that libra and bitcoin are different, I find them to be relatively different. If the project is successful I don't think libra will be a rival to bitcoin.

2 hours ago, kisimizu said:

But there have been many large financial companies that have withdrawn from this project, such as payers and their large allied financial companies.

Yes, I know that, even Paypal and Visa withdrew from the support of this project, which shows us that it is either a failure or it is my exploitation and I will not invest in it.