What is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin? - Page 3 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin?

Just now, jitu123321 said:

Libra is grandson whether bitcoin is grandpa of crypto world bitcion community is bitcoins power but libra has facebook in the back bitcoin dominate 50% of the market but libra dominance i don't know because this is new so marketing occuring but remember libra is nothing without bitcoin.

Yes, true to Libra, nothing without Bitcoin, Bitcoin is the master of the world of cryptocurrencies and I do not think that anyone will take its place in the near or far future.

Just now, Sapdrx said:

Libra is a business model for Facebook. Eventually they will be able to offer bankingservices. Beside this LIBRA is not decentralised and not at all anonymous.

Inevitably, Libra will never be decentralized and anonymous, unlike Bitcoin, it will be completely under Facebook control and will be paid for through the purchase of Facebook products.

Just now, Binjit said:

Big diffrent between Libra and Bitcoin.Libra is centralaiz and bitcoin is decentraliz.Libra is medium of exchange
where user can send money and house transection.Bitcoin,while it attempted to become a platform for faciliting
transections.since bitcoin is not owned or governed by any central party and live on a decentralized network
it is vulnerable to bring price swing. Alternativly, Libra is supported by currencies like the USD and EURO

Yes, these are very clear and important differences, but in my opinion both currencies will have people who love them, I mean there are people who like bitcoin because it is decentralized and anonymous, while others may like Libra because it is owned by a large company like Facebook and supported in dollars.

For me, Libra is a central currency, Bitcoin is a decentralized currency.
Libra asks for your personal information and spies on you. As for Bitcoin, it does not ask for anything. Anyone in the world can open their own wallet.

Just now, iloveyobit said:

For me, Libra is a central currency, Bitcoin is a decentralized currency.
Libra asks for your personal information and spies on you. As for Bitcoin, it does not ask for anything. Anyone in the world can open their own wallet.

Yes, it is these features that you mentioned that made Bitcoin popular with people, and they are the same reasons that will keep many people away from Libra. Because many people do not like to know about their money and transfers.

23 minutes ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, it is these features that you mentioned that made Bitcoin popular with people, and they are the same reasons that will keep many people away from Libra. Because many people do not like to know about their money and transfers.

Yes, true, we saw many international companies that supported Libera withdraw their support recently, I do not rule out that these companies support Bitcoin since they withdrew from the Facebook currency, I hope they do .

22 hours ago, guatazoo said:

I posted there topics that got deleted, they normally assume that new users a re spammers, I have no idea why they do not favour new user, but that's good for cryptotalk..

But cryptotalk also often happens like that. Some of my posts were deleted, even though I was sure my post wasn't spam. Maybe because I quote deleted account😅

Libra is just a coin....but btc is more more stable libra is just adream of work

As for now libra is just a word...king btc is king btc no matter what happend.no one can beat bitcoin im sure of that 

One of the main difference of the two is Libra is based on Social Media while Bitcoin is independent to itself. Age is also a difference because Bitcoin is obviously more older than Libra. The performance is still don't know because Libra's launch is 2020 I guess.

3 hours ago, palalu said:

But cryptotalk also often happens like that. Some of my posts were deleted, even though I was sure my post wasn't spam. Maybe because I quote deleted account😅

Yes maybe you quoted deleted accounts, or you replied to post that were then deleted, that's why it is important to  reply to countructive topics.

2 hours ago, Interface User said:

One of the main difference of the two is Libra is based on Social Media while Bitcoin is independent to itself. Age is also a difference because Bitcoin is obviously more older than Libra. The performance is still don't know because Libra's launch is 2020 I guess.

Yes, Libra has not been launched yet, and no one knows even if it will be launched or not because there are strong differences between Facebook and its partners, and there is a section of partners that has already withdrawn from the project.

8 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, I had a similar situation when I subscribed to Bounty a while ago, and I was supposed to post several topics, but they deleted my post and returned my rank to zero. This is really bad and CryptoTalk much better for writing.

Woah! they even unranked you, that is very bad, I think it is not a man who delete those posts but unqualified bots.

4 hours ago, guatazoo said:

Woah! they even unranked you, that is very bad, I think it is not a man who delete those posts but unqualified bots.

Yes, unfortunately, this is what I think, too, I have published many good and high-quality replies, but I was surprised when I found that they had been deleted, so as you say I think the one who deletes is robot.

16 hours ago, Binbillal007 said:

That is not the case, libra is not a competitor to bitcoin, it is not even near to it. I prefer to use Bitcoin, libra is just popular Because of Facebook

Like that, Libra was made largely to steal people's information and spy on them. As for Bitcoin, it was made in order to change the world and give us freedom to choose and get rid of slavery. We do not yet know who is the real founder of Bitcoin, but we trust in Bitcoin more than Libra.

14 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, unfortunately, this is what I think, too, I have published many good and high-quality replies, but I was surprised when I found that they had been deleted, so as you say I think the one who deletes is robot.

I hope cyptotalk does not come to that in the later days, it will be so messed up and new users will be bored to join.

Bitcoin is decentralized not like libra is centralized means libra having an stable price.still bitcoin is beat no one can bbeat bitcoin not even libra.libra is just a dream of mark.haha

On 12/18/2019 at 10:55 PM, guatazoo said:

Yes maybe you quoted deleted accounts, or you replied to post that were then deleted, that's why it is important to  reply to countructive topics.

I was, maybe I will reduce replying to newbie and brand new accounts or accounts that have a negative reputation

11 hours ago, maxgimane said:

Operations with weights are quick and easy. This is the central currency, but Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency. I do not think Libra is a competitor to Bitcoin. Libra is the grandchildren, is Bitcoin the grandfather of the cryptocurrency world, the Bitcoin community is the power of Bitcoin, but Libra has a Facebook in Bitcoin, dominates 50% of the market, but the dominance of the scales is not new because it’s new, so marketing happens, but remember that scales is nothing without bitcoin.

Yes, right. I liked your words that bitcoin is the grandfather of cryptocurrencies, and Libra is the grandchild. This is absolutely true. There can be no comparison between the grandson and the grandfather. Bitcoin has achieved a high position and it is difficult for any new or old currency to be a competitor to it.

I guess the biggest simillarity between  them is that they are both digital, other than that they don't have anything in common. While Bitcoin is a decentralized coin and the idea behind it is total freedom, Libra is a centralized coin that would be controled entirely by Facebook and would be the way they would control your own spending. Fortunatelly, I don't believe Libra will ever be a thing.

On 12/20/2019 at 6:21 AM, Huzlerdude said:

It can be a problem to bitcoin. The objectives of Libra is good and I see a brighter future of it. It can even go higher in price than bitcoin

I don't think that Libra can pose any risk to Bitcoin, even if it has a bright future as you say and the price has rise a lot, so I think people will still prefer Bitcoin because the main idea that attracted many people about Bitcoin is being decentralized and anonymous and these features are missing in Libra .

On 12/20/2019 at 5:42 AM, palalu said:

I was, maybe I will reduce replying to newbie and brand new accounts or accounts that have a negative reputation

yes that could be a good idea, the more you reply on reputed account the more you reduce the risk of your posts getting deleted.

1 hour ago, Huzlerdude said:

If it will get attention of users in Crypto then I don't see any reason not to have value than bitcoin, they might even prefer it than bitcoin

I don't think that will happen one day, what will make Libra jump over the price of bitcoin, let's be practical, Libra is to buy Facebook products and rely on Facebook's digital assets and if the price rises above bitcoin as you say there will be a big inflation in Facebook company. I think that for it to be practical and affordable for everyone, it has to be cheap.

49 minutes ago, Huzlerdude said:

Libra objectives is beyond Facebook usability, it has other objectives outside Facebook. If possible I read it is back up by US dollars. So there will be a good movement and advancement of Libra when launch

Yes, I think that the assets that Libra will rely on are not only Facebook's assets, but there are other companies that partner with Facebook, so they will have strong financial assets and it will certainly be a currency for use worldwide.

I think libra is the crypto coin which was launched by Facebook. Libra can be obtained through only Facebook . But bitcoin can be obtained from any means and bitcoin is more valuable than Libra.