What is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin? - Page 2 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin?

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

Great shilling of this coin, you have describe all the best thing about Libracoin, but why not the cons of this coin and why the regulators are against the many features of this coin, if it's true that they are going to bring a lot of great things for the community.

This is all in theory, but in practice there are a lot of problems for this currency and a lot of disputes and splits have occurred around it as it will be centralized and will be controlled by Facebook. There was a lot of hype over this coin before it started.

17 hours ago, guatazoo said:

yes in this forum i have learned many thing i learned that here and many more other things.

yes I think this forum is quite a lot of information, but if you want to get more information, you can become a member of Bitcointalk because there is a gathering place for professionals

2 hours ago, Bakomanka said:

gratitude for the in sequence bitcoin is not centralised but libra is centralised. Bitcoin about me is further top I don't call for vivacity in country receive transaction with bitcoin badge libra just hardly any country

Yes, the main difference between Bitcoin and Libra is that Bitcoin is decentralized and Libra will be centralized and controlled by Facebook, and there is another difference that you mentioned that Bitcoin has become global but to believe I will not be as global as Bitcoin.

My simple answer is that the difference between Libra and Bitcoin, Libra is just another stable coin and bitcoin is a volatile coin, that's it.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

7 minutes ago, CryptoJony said:

I think the major difference between Libra and Bitcoin is Centralized and Decentralised. Also Bitcoin is so volatile and libra will be a stable currency. That's all.       

The first difference I mentioned is correct, but the second difference is not necessarily, it is true that Bitcoin is volatile in prices, but no one can know if Libra is a fixed currency or not yet. I expect it will be affected by the market movement like the rest of the currencies.

13 hours ago, palalu said:

yes I think this forum is quite a lot of information, but if you want to get more information, you can become a member of Bitcointalk because there is a gathering place for professionals

I tried that Bitcoin talk, and their services is very limited for new users, it is like they do not want new users.

17 hours ago, palalu said:

3 hours ago, guatazoo said:

I tried that Bitcoin talk, and their services is very limited for new users, it is like they do not want new users.

This place is for everyone and it can also become for professional gathering. If all members cooperate seriously and constructively, we can upgrade this forum to attract professionals. And do not forget that the professionals were beginners one day. And do not forget that the forum is still in its infancy.

3 hours ago, yupi84goro said:

I like your answers that are simple and not convoluted, it is true that the general difference is that libra is centralized coin which has a stable price. While bitcoin is a decentralized coin with a volatile price. From there we can conclude the difference between the two. But I see Libra will find it difficult to compete in the crypto world if it hasn't been listed on exchanges.

Thank you, this is kindness from you. Yes, things are very simple. The main difference is centralization, decentralization and a Libra currency that can have a strong future and enter exchanges, but I do not think it will be a strong opponent of bitcoin in any way.

On 12/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, Invalid said:

To make it simple and more clearer the coin Libra of Facebook is a centralized coin where mark Zuckerberg often controls it while bitcoin is a universal coin that can be touched by anyone. 

So the conclusion is that libra coins can be spread through social media, namely Facebook, Twitter and even focused on Mark Zuckerberg who often controls libra coins today.

If bitcoin is acting as a universal coin that can be stored by anyone, including you, because bitcoin is one of the best coins that are being sought by many people to save by anyone.

25 minutes ago, Zervanix said:

in my opinion the difference is only in distribution and value, bitcoin is decentralized and the value of bitcoin is determined by the market while libra is centralized and it seems that libra is trying to become the first official stable coin and wants libra to replace usd

Libra cannot replace the dollar and USA will not allow anyone to do so, but USA may support Libra as part of its anti-Bitcoin campaign. In the Libra coin, the United States may find a good discount for bitcoin.

On 12/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, Binbillal007 said:

The difference is very clear, Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while libra is centralized and also libra will also be more stable than libra

Ow, so that's the difference huh? Then which is more prefer to use? Libra or Bitcoin? I just want to know the answer because I'm curious what libra is and why it is one of the competitor of bitcoin?

23 hours ago, Binbillal007 said:

They are not using libra but creating another coin just like libra that will serve all their purpose. Now we hope libra succeed

yea they will create their own coin but i really think the coin that china will create will have big impact on the crypto market beause it will open china crypto market to the world and china as we know it is loaded with money and we surely going to make good money from it.

16 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

This place is for everyone and it can also become for professional gathering. If all members cooperate seriously and constructively, we can upgrade this forum to attract professionals. And do not forget that the professionals were beginners one day. And do not forget that the forum is still in its infancy.

yes, I have been here only for a week or two and by now, i have learned many things that Ii used to help others, in a year i will be a pro myself.

10 hours ago, Sty1e said:

Between these two bitcoins are more stable, it is decentralized, there is constant demand for it, the probability of growth is higher, the libra is centralized and this is its biggest minus, in general I do not take Libra seriously as a project

Yes, a good analysis. I also don’t think Libra will be a successful project. There are many problems that appeared even before Libra was born, and even if it belonged to a huge company like Facebook I think that this huge company will not be able to withstand Facebook’s popularity.

11 hours ago, Sty1e said:

Between these two bitcoins are more stable, it is decentralized, there is constant demand for it, the probability of growth is higher, the libra is centralized and this is its biggest minus, in general I do not take Libra seriously as a project

Yes i same like you. I don't like Libra.

I think that is like only failed project, because now already cancelled by government. In my opinion centralized cryptocurrency is bad idea. Because some company and banker can manipulation the central blockchain also the price that coin. Where i think social media like Facebook, the user will forced to use it.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Syed Rehan Zakir said:

The libra coin is the coin of the facebook. the facebook team working on the libra coin. This coin is just like the dollar coin whose  value does not change as the bitcoin price changes time to time

Bitcoin is owned by satoshi nakamoto.. and its price changes 

I don’t know who told you that Libra will not change its price, this is not true, it is true that it is owned by Facebook and Facebook a giant company, but this does not make it a fixed-price currency. It is a currency like other currencies and is subject to market changes.

1 hour ago, GutsyHeart said:

The main difference lies in the centralized power of Libra and the decentralization of Bitcoin, as well as in decision-making based on majority consensus and public participation.

Libra will also have to comply with laws and regulations established in different countries, so depending on where you live, a decision will be made whether you can use it or not.

Well to say, Libra will be subject primarily to US laws which will make the US government try to support this currency and push it forward in order to compete with Bitcoin. But I think it will not work for that.

On 12/15/2019 at 1:03 AM, guatazoo said:

yeah to get full features in Bitcointalk we have to post there often, make some topic and at least have merit😅

On 12/15/2019 at 4:29 AM, Crypto123 said:

yeah maybe in the future cryptotalk will have strict rules similar to bitcointalk, and maybe also in the future many newbies complain about this

• Useful or interesting 1

7 minutes ago, Binbillal007 said:

That mean they want to be at the top actually, what will have to be that fate of all other cryptocurrencies which are not country base cryptocurrency?

they will still exist because i dont think all crypto investors will be happy to invest in a Chinese governed coin because china always make those power moves which might affect the coin badly. so other crypto coins will still exist.

40 minutes ago, duncun007 said:

they will still exist because i dont think all crypto investors will be happy to invest in a Chinese governed coin because china always make those power moves which might affect the coin badly. so other crypto coins will still exist.

Yes, this is true. There is strong competition between China and the United States in all fields. If a major American company like Microsoft creates its coin, then China will definitely seek to confront it with another coins.

Just now, Jam2002 said:

Bitcoin works off a fixed supply of coins created during its inception a decade ago, and its price is not tied to any aspect of the traditional financial system. Libra,, on the other hand, is backed by a basket of fiat currencies and will always have exactly as many coins as its corresponding fiat pool's value.

Yes, this is because Libra relies on the assets of Microsoft Corporation and its partners, and it will inevitably be linked to the share prices of Microsoft Corporation and the companies participating with it. Therefore, I believe that Libra, if successful, would be an encouraging step for the rest of the companies to enter the crypto.

On 12/16/2019 at 9:33 AM, palalu said:

yeah to get full features in Bitcointalk we have to post there often, make some topic and at least have merit😅

I posted there topics that got deleted, they normally assume that new users a re spammers, I have no idea why they do not favour new user, but that's good for cryptotalk..

19 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, this is true. There is strong competition between China and the United States in all fields. If a major American company like Microsoft creates its coin, then China will definitely seek to confront it with another coins.

yes but i think this competition is what always benifit us as traders or citizens because we dont want one company or one country controlling the coin or the market.

17 hours ago, guatazoo said:

I posted there topics that got deleted, they normally assume that new users a re spammers, I have no idea why they do not favour new user, but that's good for cryptotalk..

Yes, I had a similar situation when I subscribed to Bounty a while ago, and I was supposed to post several topics, but they deleted my post and returned my rank to zero. This is really bad and CryptoTalk much better for writing.

1 hour ago, Binbillal007 said:

That is not the case, libra is not a competitor to bitcoin, it is not even near to it. I prefer to use Bitcoin, libra is just popular Because of Facebook

Ow, but even though it didn't reach bitcoin, we can remove the fact that it is being popular to other people. Maybe it will also become a competitor of bitcoin in the future? What do you think?