Why old topics are not locked - Page 4 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

Why old topics are not locked

Well i think the purpose why the admins or moderators are not locking the topic is maybe the opinions on that topic is really very knowledgeable and can really help a lot of members.

Why do you need the old topics to be locked while they are still usefully to the users of forum? Because as I know topics are locked when it always members are replying the same replys because the answers to replying is missing because of many replys

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

On 12/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, Crypto123 said:

When I browse the forum in order to do some responses, I use a nice feature on the forum is NEXT UNREAD TOPIC and it is very comfortable in working really, but the problem that faces me is that I have old topics appearing for more than two months and I do not want to respond to these old topics because they have become old and the topic The one you're talking about has been a while ago, but I find that there are a lot of members making responses even after all that time.
My question is why these old threads are not locked and they are read-only so that no one can respond to these topics.
What do you think, whether you are with me or against closing old topics?

Well,many members are here because of free satoshis,we are getting paid by commenting or posting,therefore,if we locked every old topic,new members will only get limited chance to earn,because not all members have ideas on every topic made here,or knowledge regarding cryptocurrencies. Lets just think also other members especially the new comers. 

I also think the old topics should be locked as there are many old topics in the forum where don't need to make any new reply. many new members are doing spam in the old topics.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, Crypto123 said:

When I browse the forum in order to do some responses, I use a nice feature on the forum is NEXT UNREAD TOPIC and it is very comfortable in working really, but the problem that faces me is that I have old topics appearing for more than two months and I do not want to respond to these old topics because they have become old and the topic The one you're talking about has been a while ago, but I find that there are a lot of members making responses even after all that time.
My question is why these old threads are not locked and they are read-only so that no one can respond to these topics.
What do you think, whether you are with me or against closing old topics?

Yes maybe it would be helpful for you but for me it will not be really much of help. And why should they close old topics? This is a forum and people are suppose to see old topics to avoid violating a rule like don't post similar topics that had been already posted. What if you have a question on a topic but it's already locked? How are you gonna get your answers?

Quote me so that I would get notified when you replied.😊

Oh there is no option that you lock the topic? I guess the admin should enable this option to the members so if the OP want to close the topic then he must close it.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 1/6/2020 at 3:10 PM, farhanpro613 said:

Old topics sometime contain good contents which are still beneficial for users that's why moderator doesn't lock it.

Exactly and some discussion keeps up by quoting and asking/digging more on the matter, but some topics real should be locked like the question that needs a direct answer.

The reasons behind it would that the topics haven't get appropriate comments from which it can move on to the conclusion and it may consider some more valuable comments which would help the topic to conclude with a useful note.

As I observe some old topic that are not locked are usable post for those who are just beginning in this forum and locking it will avoid the newbies to have confusion in a certain topic that they visit

actually the new user may need to discuss on that thread and still having constructive reply on that.if the post or thread is unnecessary then the forum moderators will take action as soon they can

The old topics are still not locked because I think the moderators feel like that's a good topic to have a discussion about. But in few days I have seen that many of the old topics are locked. 

They have a good reason to why not all topics are been locked maybe because they want others to share their own view on the topics.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:24 AM, hakimgentlemen said:

Only moderators can lock topics according to the requirements of the forum, and I do not think that non-lock topics are useless - it's like an open debate and once the solution or purpose of creation is accomplished it will be lock.

As I can observe your right because when I encounter reading some lock topic many members already give their answers and suggest some solutions. 

So I think the moderators lock because it has a purpose and that is to avoid similar or the same answer in this forum. 

Old topics seems to pop up here and there. Leading to difficulty in earning. As we post in the same topic twice unknowingly. Old topics older than 2weeks should be removed 

2 hours ago, Zahangir12 said:

The reason is that everyone wants to talk about new things and to know about them and to know about them they post new things so they don't follow the old ones so they don't get locked out.  And the old ones aren't much more effective.

I now see that the old topics has become a lot of it closed, and I don’t know if the reason is this topic or not,  but I used to say that the topics in which the discussion is no longer useful only should be locked. and not all the old topics

The main reason why topics are not being locked because there are a lot of good opinions in every topic that we can read and give us knowledge in crypto i think that is the reason.

There are two ways to lock a topic, if the topic is locked by the creator of the topic because there is enough discussion on the topic or the forum party is locking it. Many topics are not locked, and if they continue to respond they will not sink.

It's because the rules were followed and you deeply explained it to the readers here and the content is relevant.

They could be locked eventually but you can also look on latest topics and posts when you view both Crypto and Russian Sections.

You should also look for topics in which you can answer and provide a meaningful help statement instead using latest topics / posts feature.

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

Old topics are not locked, of course the moderator will look carefully at which old topics should be locked and which are not. So if according to the moderator the old topics have expired and are no longer feasible to be discussed (for example the prediction of the price of bitcoin in 2019) it will be locked. but conversely even though the old topic but is still needed as information and discussion then it certainly will not be locked.

I'm with you. Cause if we remove the old topics from this forum page the forum page will be much cleaner. And the repeated topics won't happen and our post won't get deleted too. 

they don't lock it because they give chance to others to earn also,in this forum you can earn by posting so if they lock it,there will be limited topics that can be answered and many cannot earn the maximum daily allowed.

20 hours ago, Kschitez Raj said:

Some of the old topics aren't locked because daily new members are joining this forum. And those topics comes under basic which new members must see.

Yes you are right these topic contain very good information that help them the new member first read the rules of the cryptotalk must.