Why old topics are not locked - Page 5 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

Why old topics are not locked

I also notice that , some topics are from last year and I have already commented so I chance are I am doing it double then it is merge into one count.They should have limits on the topics which are already used for long time.

Because this way people will no longer be able to see the important information what people wrote some time ago. Not all old topics need to be closed. 

Its the treadstarters responsibility to lock his post. The mods cannot lock a post. They can delete the post but if the post is valid then they cannot do so. Its possible that the treadstarter is not satisfied with the response that he got from the post so he left it open until he can get a satisfactory conclusion.

Epic Wuz HiR🤤🤤🥵

Out of most, those which a locked tend to be those of the admins at the early periods of the forum. But those by users are still not locked for reasons I think, to make discussion on the forum longer than a conversation being short for hours or days

On 12/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, yifnt said:

The reason the moderator does not lock in old topics is that there is still a good and constructive discussion on the topic, the moderator will lock in the topic when there is no discussion to continue because the topic has been answered

yes dear you are right old topics are moderator so thats why thay cant block them, and old topics are still in good way to discuss on topics and also give the new things to continue very good answering. 

because some old topics are useful for now and user will get help from them.

also some post will be deleted if the post is valueless.

so admin are not deleting useful posts 

Sometimes old topics Don't lock because of there might be some good information what new comers need to know, the moderators feature the post if it is helpful for others.

I don't know why old topic not lockted. You can read forum rules.why not locked old topic.its the best think

9 hours ago, Onaiskh said:

I did the same question . they must close the old topics specially those who where related to specific event or a specific day. I received daily so many notification from my old replies and posts. Some posts are amazing and has some room to still continue but most of the old posts has to be close now.

Yes, I also still receive notifications about old posts, some of which are over and can no longer be talked about at the moment. There should be a feature that allows the member to lock topics they don't want to discuss further.

I think it is okay if the old topics aren't lock so we may still share our insights about that certain topic. I think if the question in the topic that had been answered it is the needs to be locked because users are repeating the same answer in the thread that had been answered already.

On 12/7/2019 at 3:57 AM, Crypto123 said:

When I browse the forum in order to do some responses, I use a nice feature on the forum is NEXT UNREAD TOPIC and it is very comfortable in working really, but the problem that faces me is that I have old topics appearing for more than two months and I do not want to respond to these old topics because they have become old and the topic The one you're talking about has been a while ago, but I find that there are a lot of members making responses even after all that time.
My question is why these old threads are not locked and they are read-only so that no one can respond to these topics.
What do you think, whether you are with me or against closing old topics?

Yes you are right I think they need to delete the old topic, because some of them their content expired so what they do here!

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I think that closing old topics is done by the person who posted the topic or the supervisor and there are a lot of open topics and a lot of closed topics, I think that the users who posted the topics are responsible for closing their topics when they stop benefiting from them.

• Useful or interesting 2

I think that it is rule of this website. The very useful topics appear in the topics menu. These topics shows moderators.

I think its very bad to lock the old topics ! I think it is a good thing that the new members here can still comment or asking about the topics ! 

Some of the old topics are useful and helpful.That's why these topics have not been blocked yet.These will help the members.

Yes old topics should be turned off, so that they are not repeated after time and time i see many post posted few months ago are still coming in next unread topics field

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Maybe that's done to people can continue to write their arguments for such themes of all the times like "bitcoin and gold" or "Bitcoin or Etherum". You are right in the sense of topics which stopped to be actual. I think mods should to filter such things and lock those one which are not in trend anymore. 

I think not need to lock old topics because some old topics knowledgeable topics if you not want to post in old topics just leave simple some old topics admins already locked.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:21 PM, Aurwah Shaikh said:

I think that old topics are still unlocked because it is helpful for people yet. And peoples taken interests in it that's why the cryptotalk don't locked that. 

but isn't it even though useful topics that are locked can still be read? I don't think that's the reason.

Some new topic are still not locked because of new members like us, we need the beginning guidelines, for further posting. 

On 12/9/2019 at 3:53 AM, yupi84goro said:

I think maybe the old topics are not locked because it is still considered useful for members of this forum for discussion. Especially for newbies who still want to ask many questions about the world of cryptocurrency. This issue is the moderator's authority to determine, let them be decisive. We as ordinary members must follow.

Yes indeed thats why they are tolerating the members to reply on that thread because that thread maybe useful and also for the newcomers in order for them to see that particular thread.

31 minutes ago, Satarupa said:

We all know cryptotalk is a new born platform which give us many opportunities to learn and earn.now the daily increase in numbers of posts and users may be difficult to handel.i think old posts will deleted shortly

And I think the old topics is also very useful for all of us because there are many old topics which is providing us a lot of knowledge.