How do you use market cap and market volume data for your trade? Are they helpful for you? - Page 2 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

How do you use market cap and market volume data for your trade? Are they helpful for you?

I do not always look at these two values when i am trading. In fact i tend to look more at the market volume than i do at the market cap. The market cap should be looked at though, as if the coin is close to reaching market cap, and there is still a huge demand for it, the chances are that the price will increase, as the demand is high and the supply is low. This will also be a very good indicator in making good trade deals and decisions.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

On 1/19/2020 at 8:22 PM, arifin1 said:

Your freind in all honesty coinmarketcap Our site assists you to everybody very much through fx trading, I do a considerable amount of assist in economy fullness, market price, economy analysts. Regards for the purpose of showing this

How long has it been on the market and we all know coinmarketcap doesn't list scam coins and even the people listed they show you it has no volume at all. What is market volume and each day exchanges volume and different things For monetary standards

Yes, they are very useful, I only invest in those coins that have trading volumes on the exchanges, if they are not- it is pointless for me to buy a coin

Hello my talk, frankly for me, I do not look at trading volume or market value unless I want to trade in a currency other than the main currencies at the top of the list of coins in the market, but if I trade in one of the major currencies such as BTC, ETH, LTC, DASH, ETC , BTG, TRX, XRP, I don't care much about these things, I only monitor price movements.

For me, I only care about the liquidity in the market, especially the currency that I want to trade in. I only trade when the price of the currency moves well and quickly.

On 4/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, Razanrr said:

there are 20 others you weren't able to keep up with; it's okay! Thevariables that matter the most are volume, liquidity, OHLC (open high low close prices), market capitalization (value compared to volume), and long and short trends

I use capitalization to see the share of a coin in the market and use the volume to see if the coin I want to buy is traded frequently or seldomly. These two are the most critical for choosing a coin. The variables you wrote above are useful too but they are mostly used during trading to predict prices and trends. No one looks at OHLC data when he wants to choose a coin. So, cap and volume are pre-purchase information not post-purchase. The ranking of coins are determined based on capitalization and volume.

I never used Coinmarketcap site for making investment decisions according to my experienced my precious used coingecko for making crypto currencies market decision i got more clear information regarding earning or investment plans for me. I enjoyed my profit target when i done technical or fundamentals analysis. 

Yes, everything about the market is useful in knowing the price direction of the currency and among the good points for knowing the strength of the currency is its trading volume and if it is strong this means that the currency will continue to rise and when it decreases the opportunity will be appropriate to buy because the currency will decrease

Life is great and enjoy it

On 06.12.2019 at 16:20, Brushless4500KV said:

Now, my question is that how can we use these two metrics to gain benefit from crypto trading?

Do you always look at them when you are trading?

By capitalization, you can understand whether it is worth investing in a coin at all since coins with a huge capitalization will probably never grow, I always look at this when I choose a coin for investment , and if there is no trading volume on the exchange, then everything becomes clear with the coin.

13 hours ago, NevermindNe said:

By capitalization, you can understand whether it is worth investing in a coin at all since coins with a huge capitalization will probably never grow, I always look at this when I choose a coin for investment , and if there is no trading volume on the exchange, then everything becomes clear with the coin.

I don't get this part of your post. Capitalization is the most important characteristic of any coin and high-cap coins will grow faster than others because more cap means more investors are buying the coin and this is a big encouragement for other traders to buy the coin and join its trading. So, capitalization can be even more important that volume. The reason bitcoin has become the most popular coin in the world is its massive capitalization. In short, volume means profit, capitalization means safety and strong value.

I usually trade Ethereum and bitcoins to the dollar. I do not look at the capitalization and only monitor the price of traded assets.

I use trade volume data when choosing altcoins to invest money in, if the daily trading volume is very small I do not invest in such a coin as its price will be the same as the Dogecoin coin for many years as long as there is demand for it. 

The question is, where can we find this data at the present time? Can you write a post that you are doing by explaining these things at the present time and how to deal with the matter in an excellent way

as a beginner i don't use any way to make analysis like market cap or market volume in  my trading i just focused about the price at the moment and see how much was before and how much other buy and start my trading

i usually use coinmarketcap and coingecko for checking price and also charts and both of them are really useful for me and i also check coins listing and volume in exchanges.cmc is really good for detecting scam coins.

I always look at the trading volume of a coin to find out whether it is worth trading it because if there is no volume or if it is specially wound up trying to trade such a coin does not make any sense. 

Getting lost and not knowing the decision that must be taken is the problem that most traders suffer today, because they try to analyze a certain currency, Then they read on one of the pages another counter analysis for their analysis, and here the confusion begins and the trader does not know what to do.

• +2 1

Whenever I want to verify new project I visit coin market cap and other similar sites to verify the project. I always record coin exchange, available pairs for trade and last 24 hours lower, higher and current price. Then check whole year chart. Because it gives me good view of coin movement. Always check the volume and cap of the coin. It's very helpful and give me good idea how much and which pair I invested my funds. These sites are giving great view of coin.